You may need to examine the general admission requirements at Vanguard College, Edmonton if you plan to continue your post-secondary education Biblically.
Established in 1946, Vanguard College is a post-secondary institution located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Besides, Vanguard College started as Canadian Northwest Bible Institute (CNBI) with a 3-year Bible diploma program. The institution was renamed Northwest Bible College (NBC), then Vanguard College.
Furthermore, Vanguard College avails Biblical post-secondary education through theology, as well as by instilling students with comprehensive studies of the world and human life.
Moreover, Vanguard College is 100% licensed with the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE).
The post-secondary institution is a member of the Association for Christian Schools International (ACSI), Christian Higher Education Canada (CHEC), Evangelical Fellowship of Canada (EFC), North American Coalition for Christian Admissions Professionals (NACCAP), NEOS Library Consortium, as well as Youth Specialties Academic Network.
Why study at Vanguard College Edmonton AB?
Below are the advantages why you should consider studying at Vanguard College Edmonton.
- Firstly, Vanguard College provides a vast number of programs in various fields of study.
- Secondly, Vanguard Online courses and programs allow you to study internationally without a Canadian study permit.
- Thirdly, the provincial capital of Vanguard College campus, Alberta is a stunning city with many exquisite places and sporting activities, including football and hockey.
- Fourthly, you can pay your Vanguard College tuition in installments via some payment plan options.
- Fifthly, Vanguard College Pastoral Care and Counseling program guide you on helping others Biblically.
- More so, you may benefit from Vanguard College financial aids up to $4,000 Canadian Dollars.
- Furthermore, Vanguard College integrates mentoring and discipleship in its studies, which encourages you to be sanctified.
- Additionally, you will be inspired and developed towards productivity in the ministry.
- Besides, Vanguard College student housing is very comfortable as it is equipped with furniture, a refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, microwave, vacuum cleaners, kitchen utensils, and so on.
- Moreover, Vanguard College facilitates easy payment to your student account via Interac e-transfer to [email protected], Visa, MasterCard, bank draft, money order, student loan, etc
Vanguard College Programs of Study
There are wide-ranging programs provided by Vanguard College to its students. Besides, Vanguard College programs include certificates, diplomas, degree programs, advanced certificates, after-degree, as well as Vanguard online courses and programs.
Below are available programs at Vanguard College Edmonton AB
- After Diploma/Degree (After-Degree, Online)
- Recognition of Ministry Certificate (Certificate)
- Children and Family Ministry (Certificate, Diploma, Degree and Online)
- Pastoral Care and Counselling Ministry (Certificate, Diploma, Degree and Online)
- Worship Arts Ministry (Certificate, Diploma, Degree, as well as Advanced Certificate)
- Pursue Discipleship (Certificate)
- Christian Ministry (Certificate, Diploma, Degree and Online)
- Youth Ministry (Certificate, Diploma, Degree, as well as Online)
- Pastoral Ministry (Certificate, Diploma, Degree, After-Degree and Online)
- Intercultural Ministry – Missions (Certificate, Diploma, Degree, as well as Online).
General admission requirements at Vanguard College, Edmonton
All Vanguard College applicants need to meet specified conditions for admissions. However, you are ineligible for admission without fulfilling each of these conditions.
Here are the general admission requirements at Vanguard College, Edmonton
Applying to Vanguard College from the Canadian province of Alberta
If you intend to apply for a degree program at Vanguard College, you must have completed Alberta high school Grade 12 English with the least average of 65%.
However, you are only eligible to apply for the Vanguard College certificate or Pursue a Discipleship program if you attained a high school Grade 12 English average below 65%.
Besides, if you are applying from another university or college, you need to submit your transcript of study with a Grade Point Average not less than 2.0.
Applying to Vanguard College from other Canadian provinces/territories
- You must have completed Grade 12 English in a Canadian high school
Moreover, if you are applying to Vanguard College from Quebec, you must have completed a year of study at Collège d’Enseignement Gènèral Et Professionnel (CEGEP).
Applying to Vanguard College from the United States of America
You must have completed high school Grade 12 studies with an average, not below 60%. You also need to provide the score of a Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) if you’ve previously partaken in one.
Applying to Vanguard College from other foreign countries
- First of all, you must have completed a high school diploma Grade 12 in an educational institution that offers an equivalent results of a Canadian credential. Moreover, your official transcript should feature all your high school subjects and marks.
Hence, applicants who are able to satisfy the admission requirements with a minimum grade of 60% will be prompted to further to Part B application process.
- Secondly, Vanguard College admission requires you to participate in a proof of English proficiency test (either IELTS or TOEFL).
Besides, the English language proficiency requirement pertains to international applicants from outside Canada or from the United States of America.
Below is the proof of English proficiency test results recognized by Vanguard College.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Overall score not less than 6.5; No band below 5.0.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Minimum Paper-Based Test (PBT) score of 550; TOEFL Computer-Based Test (CBT) score not below 197; TOEFL internet-Based Test (iBT) not less than 86 with at least 21 per section.
Additionally, you are required to partake in Vanguard College Orientation to Online Learning Course with a grade not below “B” if you are applying for the Vanguard Online course and program.
Vanguard College application process for international students
Part A: You need to take note of the following fields and aspects in Vanguard College Part A application form.
- Your personal information (first name, middle name, last name, email, phone number, etc)
- Pay Part A application fee of $100 Canadian Dollars
- Test result of a valid TOEFL or IELTS. Besides, you need to include the official documents in the Vanguard College Part B application form
- Initial educational information (high school, university or college)
- Financial plan
- Information about your sponsorship
Part B: You are required to consider these fields and aspects in Vanguard College admission form Part B.
- Vanguard College Part B application fee of $150 Canadian Dollars
- Reference from an academician such as your teacher, dean, etc
- Official transcripts of your high school diploma education (English Notarized or translation needed if documents are in other languages)
- Reference from a pastor
- Background check
- Official documents of your English proficiency test result either TOEFL or IELTS
Hence, all the admission requirements of Part A must be satisfied before you can receive the Part B application form from Vanguard College.
Vanguard College student housing
You can opt for your preferred accommodation from Vanguard College housing options. Moreover, Vanguard College makes provision of Paris Townhomes and Parkview Townhomes as an accommodation to its students.
Vanguard College Paris Townhomes
- Shared rooms with a private bathroom: $450 Canadian Dollars monthly
- Private room with a private bathroom: $550 Canadian Dollars for each month
Vanguard College Parkview Townhomes
- Private rooms, not ensuite (shared bathroom): $500 Canadian Dollars per month
- Private rooms with a private bathroom: $550 Canadian Dollars every month
Vanguard College academic schedules
The following are the academic schedules of Vanguard College, Edmonton.
- Fall term: September to December
- Winter term: January to April
- Spring term: May to August.
- Intersession: May to June
- Summer session: July to August
Ultimately, the general admission requirements at Vanguard College, Edmonton are key measures used to consider students for admissions. Therefore, you need to consider all of them to qualify for admissions into your desired program.
FAQs about the general admission requirements at Vanguard College, Edmonton
Q. Where is Vanguard College located?
Ans – Vanguard College address: 12140 103 St NW,
Edmonton, AB T5G 2J9
Q. How do I contact Vanguard College Edmonton?
Ans – Vanguard College phone number: (780) 452-0808
Toll-Free Number: 1 (866) 222-0808
Vanguard College email: [email protected]
Q. What is Vanguard College’s institution code for TOEFL?
Ans – 3330
Q. Does Vanguard College accept references from family members?
Ans – No
Q. What term are international students admitted into Vanguard College?
Ans – Vanguard College only allows international students to apply for admission into its Fall term
Q. When is the application deadline for Vanguard College international admission?
Ans – PART A application deadline is on May 1 while PART B due date is on June 1
Q. When do academics run at Vanguard College?
Ans – From September to the next year’s April
Q. When do Vanguard College online studies commence?
Ans – On the 15th of any month
Q. How do I apply for the Vanguard College payment plan?
Ans – Reach out to [email protected]
Q.How many students are in Vanguard College?
Ans – Vanguard College has up to 250 students
Q. How many students are in each Vanguard College class?
Ans – Numbers ranging from 10 to 80 students
Q. Can I transfer credits from other educational institutions to Vanguard College?
Ans – Yes, you can transfer credits from your previous or current educational institution to Vanguard College
Q. Are Vanguard College courses transferable to other post-secondary institutions?
Ans – Yes, you are allowed to a course from Vanguard College to further studies in another institution
Q. Can Vanguard College international students apply for student loans?
Ans – No, Vanguard College student loan is only open to Canadian students except those from the province of Québec
Q. What should I come along with to Vanguard College student housing?
Ans – You only need to bring with your bedding and other personal stuff
Q. How do I obtain the Vanguard College application form for international students?
Ans – PART A application form is obtainable on Vanguard College website
Q. What is the meaning of the Vanguard College application form Part A and Part B?
Ans – The application form Part A is the first form you need to complete to apply for admissions. Upon meeting the general admission requirements at Vanguard College, Edmonton, you will receive the application form Part B to conclude the application process.
Q. How much is the Vanguard College application fee for international students?
Ans – Part A: $100 Canadian Dollars
Part B: $150 Canadian Dollars