If you intend to know about George Brown College Scholarships, Toronto, this article will provide you with the right information.
Set up in 1967, George Brown College (GBC) is also known as George Brown College of Applied Arts and Technology. George Brown College is a public university situated in Downtown Toronto.
Furthermore, George Brown College serves as a recognition of George Brown’s meritorious service during his lifetime. He was a Scottish-Canadian journalist, politician, and one of the fathers of Confederation.
With 3 campuses in Downtown Toronto, George Brown College provides a comprehensive range of programs such as certificate, diploma, advanced diplomas, degree programs, and postgraduate studies.
George Brown College Programs
George Brown College has 160+ programs available to its students. These programs focus on different areas like Business, Health Sciences, Arts, Design & Information Technology, Community Service & Early Childhood, Construction & Engineering Technologies, Preparatory & Liberal Studies, and Hospitality & Culinary Arts.
However, the following are some of the programs offered at George Brown College.
- Art (G119)
- Art and Design Foundation (G108)
- Fitness and Health Promotion (S125)
- Honourss Bachelor of Digital Experience Design (G301)
- Honours Bachelor of Brand Design (G304)
- Fashion Techniques and Design (F113)
- Fashion Business Industry (F112)
- Industrial Power Sewing (F115)
- Jewellery Methods (F110)
- Blockchain Development (T175)
- Computer Systems Technician (T141)
- Cyber Security (Postgraduate) (T433)
- Applied A.I. Solutions Development (Postgraduate) (T431)
- Computer Systems Technology (T147)
- Computer Programming and Analysis (T177)
- Programming and Analysis (T177)
- Health Informatics (Postgraduate) (T402)
- Information Systems Business Analysis (with experiential learning capstone) (T405)
- Mobile Application Development and Strategy (Postgraduate) (T440)
- Game – Programming (T163)
- Wireless Networking (Postgraduate) (T411)
- Concept Art for Entertainment (Postgraduate) (G407)
- Interdisciplinary Design Strategy (Postgraduate) at the Institute Without Boundaries (G414)
- Design Management (Postgraduate) (G401)
- Digital Design – Game Design (Milan/Toronto) (for International Students) (G205)
- Digital Design – Game Design (Postgraduate) (G405)
- Architectural Technology (T109)
- Interactivee Media Management (Milan/Toronto) (for International Students) (G212)
- Apparel Fit Technician (F116)
- Apparel Technical Design (Postgraduate Certificate) (F414)
- Fashion Management (F102)
- International Fashion Management (Postgraduate Certificate) (F412)
- Sustainable Fashion Production (Postgraduate Certificate) (F415)
- Media Acting – Graduate Intensive (P707)
- Media Foundation (P111)
- Construction Management (for Internationally Educated Professionals) (Postgraduate) (T403)
- Building Renovation Technology (T148)
- Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Technician (T160)
- Civil Engineering Technology (T164)
- Restorative Dental Hygiene (Postgraduate) (S400)
- Autism and Behavioural Science (Postgraduate) (C405)
- Graphic Design (G102)
- Web Development – Front-End Design (G418), and more.
George Brown College Scholarships, Toronto
George Brown College provides various kinds of scholarships to its newly admitted and returning international students.
Hence, examples of George Brown College scholarships, Toronto for international students include;
- International Student Scholarship
- Woori Education Scholarship
- Assist on Scholarship for International Students in 2-year Programs
- International Student ESL Scholarship
- Kimokran (Toronto) Scholarship for International Students
- Post-Secondary Scholarship for International Students (Certificate)
- International Student Leadership Award
- Post-Secondary Scholarship for International Students (Funded by Academic Area)
- International Centre Student Bursary
- Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarship
Here are the minimum requirements you need to satisfy so as to be eligible for each George Brown College scholarships, Toronto
International Student Scholarship (Available to all full-time international students at George Brown College):
- At first, you are mandated to provide proof that you are an international student with financial issues
- In addition, you must possess a Grade Point Average (GPA) of not less than 2.5
- Moreover, you are expected to win a victory over your challenges.
Woori Education Scholarship:
- First of all, you are expected to be an international student with a valid Canadian study permit
- You must be enrolled in any full-time diploma or degree program of George Brown College
- Moreover, your CGPA shouldn’t be below 3.3 for a minimum of 2 semesters
- In addition, you are mandated to have partaken in educational activities that are beneficial to other GBC students, your department, as well as to the community
Hence, you are urged to apply for this scholarship if you’re an international student from one of George Brown College’s academic partner institutions in India, Central/South America, China, as well as in the Caribbean.
Assist on Scholarship for International Students in 2-year Programs (Funded by Kimokran 16 Toronto Inc.):
- Firstly, you must be a GBC international student who is enrolled in any program. This scholarship is applicable to international students of all study years
- Secondly, you are required to maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0
- Besides, you must have full participation in activities going on within the George Brown College campus, and also in the community.
Kimokran (Toronto) Scholarship for International Students (Funded by Kimokran 16 Toronto Inc.):
- You must be a registered international student in not less than 2nd year of any George Brown College programs
- Moreover, you are required to maintain a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0
- Also, you must have absolute participation in activities going on within and outside the George Brown College campus.
Post-Secondary Scholarship for International Students (Certificate):
- At first, you are required to be an international student of any study year in one of George Brown College certificate or postgraduate programs
- More so, your Grade Point Average (GPA) should be at least 3.5
- In addition, you must take part in all activities going on within the George Brown College campus, and also in the community.
Post-Secondary Scholarship for International Students (Funded by Academic Area):
- You must be an international student in 2nd, 3rd, or 4th study year in one of George Brown College diploma/degree programs
- Also, your Grade Point Average (GPA) shouldn’t be less than 3.5
- Moreover, you must have fully participated in activities going on within and outside the George Brown College campus.
International Student ESL Scholarship:
- First of all, you must be an international student undergoing study in the English as a Second Language (ESL) program
- Moreover, you are expected to be registered in the 3rd module
- Furthermore, you must be fully involved in activities going on within campus, and also in the community.
International Centre Student Bursary:
- You are expected to prove that you really need the scholarship to fund your studies
- In addition, you must have fully participated in activities going on within and outside the GBC campus.
International Student Leadership Award (Only applicable to international students that are about to graduate):
- Firstly, you are expected to be an international student with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.5
- Additionally, it is required that you have partaken in activities held within George Brown College campus, and also in the community
Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarships (Offers 2 scholarships worth $5,000 yearly to entering students of any George Brown College program):
- You must be an international student with a valid Canadian study permit
- Also, you are required to have a minimum CGPA of 3.0
- More so, you must be in your 1st study year of any full-time program at George Brown College
- Furthermore, you must have exhibited leadership skills that have impacted learning, relevant academic activities or student activities
George Brown College-funded scholarships for international students
Diploma/degree program scholarships for international students:
George Brown College has 31 scholarships for qualified international returning students who are undergoing a full-time diploma or degree program on their campus.
Thus, the application deadline for the GBC-funded scholarship Fall Competition is on the 30th of September. If you intend to apply for this scholarship via Winter Competition, you need to submit your application on or before the 31st of January.
Eligibility requirements of GBC-funded diploma/degree program scholarships for international students
- First of all, you must be a GBC international student who possesses a valid Canadian study permit
- More so, you need to be enrolled in any of GBC’s full-time 2 to 4-year diploma/degree programs
- Besides, you are ineligible if you’ve initially received a scholarship from GBC International Centre
- Moreover, you are required to have completed not less than 2 consecutive semesters in GBC, with a CGPA of at least 3.5 before your present semester
- Ultimately, you must have partaken in some activities that were beneficial to your department, other GBC students, as well as to the community at large
Thus, you can apply for GBC International Centre scholarships via stuview.georgebrown.ca
FAQs about George Brown College scholarships, Toronto
Q. How much is George Brown College’s application fee to international students?
Ans – GBC application fee for international students costs a non-refundable payment of 95 Canadian Dollars.
Q. What is the processing time of George Brown College applications?
Ans – The application processing times of George Brown College is unpredictable.
Nevertheless, applications are normally processed in 4+ weeks.
Q. Does George Brown College offer scholarships to international students?
Ans – Yes, George Brown College provides a large number of scholarships to its international students.
Besides, GBC international student scholarships are usually awarded on the basis of academic performance, and participation in activities within and outside the campus.
Q. Will George Brown College send me a notification of approved scholarship?
Ans – Maybe, you will only receive a notification from George Brown College if your scholarship application was approved.
Q. Can I apply for another scholarship after receiving financial aid from George Brown College?
Ans – No. Inasmuch as you’ve previously been approved of a scholarship at George Brown College, you are disallowed from applying for another GBC financial aid.
Q. How can I contact George Brown College?
Ans – You can get in touch with George Brown College via various mediums, including telephone and email.
- Phone Number: +1 (416) 415-2000
- George Brown College email: [email protected]