If you are planning to visit Germany for business, you will need a Germany Business Visa.
Although, there are several types of visas that you can use to gain entry into Germany and start a business. Germany Business Visa is the most popular.
What is Germany Business Visa then? Germany Business Visa is a kind of visa that is available to non- Schengen indigenes. The visa allows you to enter and remain in Germany for up to 90 days.
You will also need to apply for this visa through the German embassy or consulate in your home country.
The process of obtaining the visa is often complex and strenuous. That is why, in this article, we have provided all the necessary guide you’ll need to obtain your Germany Business Visa.
In this article
- What Is a Germany Business Visa And Why Do I Need It?
- Why do you need a Germany Business Visa?
- Germany Business Visa Requirements
- Other Financial Requirements Includes:
- How To Apply For Germany Business Visa
- Step 1: Find out if you need a Germany Business Visa or not
- Step 2: Get the required documents
- Step 3: Book An Appointment
- Step 4: Go to the Application Center and Submit your Visa application form
- Step 5: Entering of application information and biometric capturing
- Processing Time for a Germany Business Visa
- Germany Business Visa Validity
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a Germany Business Visa And Why Do I Need It?
Germany Business Visa is a Schengen type of visa that allows you to stay in Germany for up to 90 days or within 6months except where it is stated otherwise in the visa. You will be given Germany Business Visa if you want to do business, attend meetings or sign contracts In Germany.
Basically, the visa is for those who reside outside the Schengen regions in Europe. Meaning that your nationality will determine if you will get the visa or not.
The Schengen region comprise of 26 European countries that have come together to strengthen their external borders instead of internal border. Thus, citizens of each Schengen region are allowed to freely move from one country to the other. Currently, a total of 62 countries are exempted from obtaining Germany Business Visa when entering Germany. Ensure to obtain a visa if your country is not under the visa-waiver program.
Why do you need a Germany Business Visa?
The reason is simple. It is a form of permit that shows you’re allowed to stay and do business in Germany legally. Most importantly, you need the visa because your country is not among the Schengen countries in Europe. And lastly, you are from third world country. So, to enter Germany for business, you must present your Germany Business Visa
Germany Business Visa Requirements
To enter Germany, you need to meet basic requirements to be issued a visa. The requirements varies based on the type of visa you need. To obtain the Germany Business Visa, you must meet the following:
- Complete the Short-stay visa application form. Ensure to fill in accurate information that tallies with information you provided in other documents. Print two original copies of the form and sign at the end of each form. Here is the short- stay visa application form–https://videx.diplo.de/videx/desktop/index.html#start
- Submit two passport photographs. Must be recent passports not older than two months.
- Must have Valid National Passport, not older than 10 years. It must be valid three months beyond your planned stay in Germany. And possibly through the whole Schengen Zone. Also, your passport should have one blank page so you can affix visa sticker on it.
- Must have one copy of your passport’s data page.
- Submit a Declaration of Accuracy of Information
- Provide proof of Travel Visa Insurance: This document confirms that you have your health insurance. This should cover a minimum of 30,000 Euros in case of any illness or emergency. Moreover, the insurance must cover the whole Schengen region including Germany.
- Must have your Flight Itinerary including, rail tickets, flight reservation or any other form of transportation you intend to use.
- Provide Proof of accommodation for your stay in the Schengen territory. To include: either your hotel booking details or letter of invitation from a host.
- Provide Proof of civil status; Such as Marriage certificate, birth certificate of children etc.
- Tender Proof of financial status. Such as Payslips if employed or Certificate of Proprietorship or other proof of ownership, if you’re self-employed.
Other Financial Requirements Includes:
- Provide evidence of company bank statements from the previous three months.
- Provide Business references
- Submit detailed schedule of your business meetings.
- Tender your Invitation letter from the business partner staying in Germany. Either in English or German language. Also, ensure to put invitee details, such as dates and purpose of the trip.
- Provide company cover letter with entire travel schedule. Indicate your position, dates, duration and purpose of the trip. Is the expenses covered? Indicate it.
N/B Ensure to go with photocopies of all documents in case it is requested for.
How To Apply For Germany Business Visa
Basically, the application process for a Germany business Schengen visa is similar to every other German visa application. The earliest you can apply for a Schengen visa is six months before your trip. And the latest is three weeks prior to the trip. Apply at the German Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence, following the steps below:
Step 1: Find out if you need a Germany Business Visa or not
The first step to start your Journey to Germany is to determine whether you will need the Germany Business Visa or not. If you will need a Schengen visa, do not worry we will put you through it. If you’re not sure, you can check the Schengen visa-exempt countries to know if your country is exempted from the Germany Schengen Visa.
Step 2: Get the required documents
After you have determined that you will need a Germany Business Visa. The next thing is to gather your documents. Make sure you have all the documents we listed above at hand to apply for the Germany Business visa. On your appointment day, carry all the documents along with you.
Step 3: Book An Appointment
When all your documents are ready, its time to book an appointment. It is mandatory that you make an appointment before you go to the embassy to submit your document. If it is your first time, check with the German embassy in your country to know where to apply. Basically, you can apply at a;
- German embassy.
- German consulate or
- Visa Application Center.
Step 4: Go to the Application Center and Submit your Visa application form
Now that you have booked an appointment, ensure to go to the application center on the appointment date. Your appointment letter will be verified and you will be issued a token. Make sure you arrive early enough as the embassy may not process your visa request if you’re more than 10minutes late. Normally, the application for a Germany Business Visa costs about 80€. Although some country nationals pay lower.
To submit your application, it will take10 minutes to complete the process. Once this is done, your documents and visa application form will be checked and verified. Make sure you arrange your documents in the order stated on the checklist. Sign and complete your application information for the Germany Business Visa application.
Once the application is complete, your passport, application form, and documents will be held temporarily by the embassy.
Step 5: Entering of application information and biometric capturing
If your documents are verified, the information will be entered into the online system of the consulate. Usually, the process takes about 10-15 minutes after which you will receive the printed copy of the application. Once this is done, pay for your visa and collect your receipt. Take note to keep it as you will need it to collect your processed application.
When you’re done, the next thing is biometric capturing. Your 10-digit fingers will be captured. Note that, it might take up to 8 minutes for each person. Congratulations! Your Germany Business Visa application is completed. Keep your receipt intact so you can use it to collect your passport when it is ready.
Processing Time for a Germany Business Visa
Usually, a Germany Business Visa application takes 10 – 15 days to be processed. However, there are some situations where it might take up to 30days. This might be due to individual issue or if the embassy receives numerous applications.
Germany Business Visa Validity
In general, the validity of a Business Visa for Germany depends on the embassy that issued it. Your visa can be:
- Single entry: This type of visa allows you to enter Germany just once. And spend the number of days indicated on your visa(10 days).
- Multiple entries: This visa allows you to enter Germany more than once in a given time (20 days). Make sure not to overstay your visit in each visa type.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a German business visa?
To get a Germany Business Visa, you must apply at the German Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence. However, prior to your application, ensure you have the following documents:
- Valid passport with at least three months validity.
- 2 passport size photos.
- Completed visa application form.
- Proof of having financial resources to pay for your return trip and stay in Germany.
- Travel insurance policy with a value of 30,000 pounds.
- Proof of civil status
- One copy of your passport’s data page.
- Declaration of Accuracy of Information
- Proof of Travel Visa Insurance
- Proof of accommodation
Do I need a visa to go to Germany for business?
It all boils down to your nationality. If you’re staying in one of the Schengen visa-exempt countries, you will not need a Germany Business Visa. Check the Schengen visa-exempt countries to know if your country is exempted from the Germany Schengen Visa.
What is Type D visa for Germany?
The “National Visa Type D” for Germany, is a long-stay visa that allows the holder to stay in Germany for more than three months. It defends on the type of visa, such work, study, or skills training. The visa allows you to apply for permanent residency in Germany.
How much bank balance is required for Germany visa?
To apply for a Germany student visa, you must deposit about €10,332 to the blocked bank account.
Conclusively, the Germany business visa is a great opportunity for entrepreneurs and business owners to expand their business into the German market. The application process is relatively simple, and the visa is valid for up to three months.