Canada is a great choice when seeking to immigrate or develop careers in a foreign country. There are many scum master jobs in Canada for those with the necessary certifications.
Good news is, Scrum Masters are well-paid in this the whole of North America, their salaries often depending on the job description, level of employment and companies where they work.
If you’re not already living in Canada, you can find scum master jobs and use it to process your Canadian permanent residency or LMIA as a temporary worker. You have the opportunity of working with some of the prominent firms worldwide.
Table of Contents
- 1 Who is a Scrum Master?
- 2 Canadian employers hiring scrum masters
- 3 Scrum master salary in Canada
- 4 Eligibility for scrum master jobs in Canada
- 5 Frequent Questions & Answers
Who is a Scrum Master?
Also known as team facilitator, team coach or agile coach, Scrum masters play a significant role in Agile Project Management (APM). A Scrum master is an expert who controls a team to facilitate the completion of a project through Agile Project Management methods.
With a valid Canadian work permit, you can seek employment with Canadian employers in order to support their software development teams in achieving their objectives.
If you desire working in Canada as a scrum master, your employer may need you to be knowledgeable on Project and Product-Delivery Methods.
You also need to possess several skills such as great written and verbal communication skills, leadership skills, teamwork skills, interpersonal skills, as well as facilitation skills.
Scrum master job responsibilities
Aside from asking for the meaning of scrum masters, people often ask what does scrum masters do? As a certified scrum master, you have numerous functions to serve your employer. Scrum masters responsibilities include the supervision of their employer’s daily scrum operations, maintenance of scrum board, and so on.
Deciding to advance your scrum master career in Canada comes with vast benefits. To this regard, you can research on Canadian employers that are seeking to hire scrum master talents for a contract, remote or permanent job.
How to get scrum master jobs in Canada
Whether as an entry level or junior scrum master, you can start your career in this field if you obtain the right certification. If your mind has been set on getting scrum master jobs in Canada, this will be the least of your problems in few minutes.
Securing scrum master jobs in Canada is not difficult as long as you search for jobs using the best platforms. Besides, most Canadian employers make use of job sites, and are associated with recruitment agencies that can help them to recruit new staff.
You can access/reach out to various mediums to apply for contract, remote and permanent scrum master jobs. You can simply contact some Canadian recruitment agencies and use job sites for quick aid on your quest for scrum master jobs.
Additionally, you can create a new hobby for yourself by listening to local news on TV or reading newspapers and magazines for employment updates regarding Canada. Some provinces and cities have more job opportunities than other, something to have in mind.
Find scrum master jobs through job sites
Job sites are the easiest way to secure scrum master jobs in Canada. Through job sites, you will have access to many job listings with a fast and simple application procedure.
Below are job sites you can use to get scrum master jobs in Canada:
- LinkedIn currently lists close to 7,000 scrum master jobs
- Indeed lists 1,000+ scrum master jobs from various employers across Canada
- Glassdoor offers hundreds of agile scrum master jobs
- Workopolis has more than 1,150 listings of scrum master jobs
- Jobboom, and so on
Moreover, there are numerous job positions available to scrum masters in Canada. These include junior scrum master jobs, associate scrum master jobs, facilitateur jobs, senior scrum master jobs, among others.
Scrum Master Recruitment Agencies
Many recruitment agencies in Canada are helpful to foreign nationals in getting a scrum master job. Below are Canadian recruitment agencies that you can contact for scrum master jobs in Canada:
Canadian Staffing Consultants Ltd
Address: 3660 Midland Ave Suite 300, Scarborough, ON M1V 5L6, Canada
Phone Number: +1 (905) 604-5545
Address: 4601 Canada Way Suite 401, Burnaby, BC V5G 4X7, Canada
Phone Number: +1 (604) 412-3500
Renard International Hospitality Search Consultants
Address: 121 Richmond St W Suite 500, Toronto, ON M5H 2K1, Canada
Phone Number: +1 (416) 364-8325
Best Personnel Inc
Address: 713 Columbia St #118, New Westminster, BC V3M 1B2, Canada
Phone Number: +1 (604) 522-4900
Address: 5000 Yonge St #1901, North York, ON M2N 7E9, Canada
Phone Number: +1 (416) 800-0843
Express Employment Professionals
Address: 5050 Kingsway #405, Burnaby, BC V5H 4C2, Canada
Phone Number: +1 (604) 433-0353
Goldbeck Recruiting Inc.
Address: Suite 510, 475 West Georgia Street, Vancouver BC, V6B 4M9 Canada
Phone Number:: +1 (604) 684-1428
Toll free number: +1 (877) 684-1428
Email: [email protected]
Government Of Canada Employment agency
Address: 624 Agnes St, New Westminster, BC V3M 1G8, Canada
Phone Number: +1 (604) 526-4511
Work Global Canada Inc.
Address: 69 Elizabeth Avenue, First Floor, St. John’s, NL Canada A1A 1W8
Phone Number: +1 (709) 700-1983
Toll free number: +1 (888) 224-5103
Fax: 1 (709) 800-8956
Cap Personnel Ltd
Address: 4885 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H 4T2, Canada
Phone Number: +1 (604) 569-0444
Hays – Recruitment Agency Toronto
Address: 8 King St E 20th Floor, Toronto, ON M5C 1B5, Canada
Phone Number: +1 (416) 367-4297
Canadian employers hiring scrum masters
You can view scrum masters job listings, its criterion, as well as application procedures via several employment agencies and job sites in Canada.
Through these platforms, we have been able to discover that the following Canadian establishments are presently searching for scrum masters with talents.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, Toronto, Ontario
- CGI, Canada (has numerous headquarters and offices across Canada)
- Scotiabank, North York, Toronto, ON
- Canada Life Assurance Company, London, Ontario
- Actalent, Varennes, Quebec
- Spin Master Ltd, Toronto, Ontario
- Equifax, Toronto, Ontario
- Bally’s Interactive, Vancouver, British Columbia
- CTConsultants, Montréal, Quebec
- Engage2Excel, Quebec City, Quebec
- O2E Brands, Vancouver, British Columbia
- TD Bank, Toronto, Ontario
- Desjardins, Shawinigan, Quebec
- iA Financial Group / iA Groupe financier, Quebec City, Quebec
- Air Canada, Toronto, Ontario
- duProprio, Lévis, Quebec
- RAPID RTC, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Alithya, Quebec City, Quebec
- BC Public Service, Kamloops, British Columbia
- Levio, Montréal, Quebec
- Sepaq, Quebec City, Quebec
- BELL MEDIA INC., Montréal, Quebec
- Talan, Trois-Rivières, Quebec
- Intact, Montréal, Quebec
- Desjardins, Shawinigan, Quebec
- BC IMC, Victoria, British Columbia
- GIRO, Montréal, Quebec
- IBM Canada
- Lululemon, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Cognizant Technology Solutions, Toronto, Ontario
- RBC, Toronto, Ontario
- Desjardins, Montréal, Quebec
- Canadian Tire, Toronto, Ontario
- Teck Resources Limited, Vancouver, British Columbia
- ST Engineering iDirect, Ottawa, Ontario
- TELUS, Toronto, Ontario
Scrum master salary in Canada
Scrum masters earn between CAD $30 to CAD $95 per hour in Canada. Top Canadian establishments like S&P Global Market Intelligence pay their associate scrum master an estimated yearly salary ranging from CAD $55,900 to CAD $155,900 every year.
If you have been searching for how much is scrum master salary in Canada, now use this to imagine how much you will probably earn working in Canada as a Scrum Master.
Eligibility for scrum master jobs in Canada
Before you can fulfill your desire to work in Canada as a scrum master, you need to meet certain criteria to qualify, including major certifications.
The following are criteria/requirements for several scrum master jobs in Canada.
- Firstly, you must have completed a Bachelor degree program
- Secondly, you must be capable to teaching and supervising your team members on Agile methodologies
- Thirdly, you need to possess certain years of experience in Agile techniques
- Fourthly, you must be experienced in a job relevant to scrum master
- More so, you are required to possess a scrum master certification as regards to scrum master or Agile techniques.
Examples of these certifications includes SAFe 4, Certified Scrum Master certification (CSM), A-CSM, CSP-SM, PMI-ACP, PSM I, PSM II, as well as PSM III.
- In addition, you must be adept in using scrum master software like JIRA, Zoho Sprints, Confluence, Zepel, etc.
- You may also need to undergo scrum master training to improve your proficiency in scrum master, as well as in Agile techniques.
Conclusively, a Canadian company like CGI is always willing to employ foreign nationals in its offices located in various areas of Canada, including in the Canadian province of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
More so, getting scrum master jobs in Canada can be one of the simplest things to do if you apply to Canadian companies that help their prospective foreign workers in processing their work permit through a law firm.
Frequent Questions & Answers
What scrum master certification may I need to work in Canada?
- SAFe 4 Scrum Master
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- SAFe 4 Advanced Scrum Master
- Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM)
- Certified Scrum Professional ScrumMaster (CSP-SM)
- Project Management Institute – Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP)
- Professional Scrum Master certification (PSM I, PSM II & PSM III)
How much is scrum master salary Toronto?
According to Glassdoor, scrum masters earn a yearly salary ranging from CAD $73,000 to CAD $120,000. Thus, an average scrum master salary Toronto is CAD $93,000 per year
Are scrum masters in demand in Canada?
In respect to the high volume of scrum masters job listings, we can conclude that scrum masters are in demand because thousands of Canadian employers are still seeking for talents
What skills are required of scrum masters in Canada?
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Facilitation skills
- Teamwork skills
You and your family will benefit greatly for exploring how to get scrum master jobs in Canada as viewed by Work Study Visa.