Granville College has helped thousands of animal lovers launch successful, rewarding careers in animal health care. The college’s main focus is to prepare students for rewarding careers in animal health care. They specialize in high-quality Veterinary Assistants.
With over 25 years of great service, Granville College trained many students to overcome career challenges and transition into the next phase of their lives. Granville College Vancouver has helped students overcome stress and relax in their chosen careers.
Moreover, in Granville College, you will learn from the expertise of their team of caring professionals who are dedicated and committed to helping our students become confident and skillful in their careers.
In this article
- Colleges in Vancouver
- Veterinary Schools in Canada
- Veterinary Assistant Schools
- Granville College Vancouver
- Granville College programs
- Veterinary Technician Assistant Diploma Program
- Admission eligibility criteria for Granville College
- Graduation Requirements at Granville College
- Granville College fees
- How to Apply for Granville College Vancouver
Colleges in Vancouver
Vancouver is one of the Ares in Canada that are education-friendly and there are many educational institutions in Vancouver. Below is a list of the universities in Vancouver
- The University of British Columbia
- Vancouver Island University
- Langara College
- Vancouver Community College
- Emily Carr University of Art and Design
- Vancouver School of Theology
- Columbia College
- Regent College in Vancouver
- Vancouver College of Media Arts
- Vancouver College of Art and Design
- University Canada West
- Vancouver Central College
Veterinary Schools in Canada
There are five veterinary colleges in Canada and they offer courses in the field of animal science. Students who attend veterinary colleges are trained to be able to offer their services in the animal health Industry.
The veterinary colleges in Canada include
- The Ontario Veterinary College at the University of Guelph
- Atlantic Veterinary College at the University of Prince Edward Island
- Western College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Saskatchewan
- The Faculté de Médecine Vétérinaire at the Université de Montréal
- The University of Calgary Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
Veterinary Assistant Schools
Veterinary assistant schools are schools that train students who want to be vet assistants.
- Animal restraint and handling techniques
- Animal physiology and anatomy
- Common illnesses
- Animal behavior
- Veterinary pharmacology
- Surgical assisting
- Diagnostic imaging
- Animal nutrition
- First aid and CPR
- Lab procedures
- Veterinary office procedures
- Medical terminology
- Client communication
- Ethics and professionalism
- Health and safety practices
Granville College Vancouver
Granville College Vancouver is a Veterinary assistant school with over 25 years of existence. It prepares students who want to work in the Veterinary related fields.
Granville College programs
Granville College Vancouver offers the following programs to students
- Business Administration Diploma
- Hospitality Management Program Without Co-Op
- Business Administration/ Global Supply Chain Management Specialty
- Global Supply Chain Management Diploma
- HealthCare Office Administration Diploma
- Hospitality Management Program with Co-op
- Human Resources Management Diploma
Veterinary Technician Assistant Diploma Program
Granville College offers Veterinary Technician Assistant Diploma Programs to students which help them to become valued members of a veterinary practice team and work alongside animal health technicians, veterinary professionals, and shelter staff in the animal industry.
The full-time program offers you the opportunity to have the technical knowledge and practical experience you need to have a rewarding career in animal care without spending years in school.
Furthermore, apart from the lectures you get from the classrooms, you have the opportunity to participate in labs, get practical demonstrations and be part of exciting field trips to animal care settings.
Moreover, you will get hands-on training and practical experience in the Veterinary Technician Assistant field for over 27 years from an ever interactive program taught by instructors who have years of experience working in real veterinary clinics.
One good thing about Granville College, Vancouver is that you will get an instructor who will also help you get the experience you need by helping you apply your training in the real world outside the classroom.
Admission eligibility criteria for Granville College
To successfully gain admission for the Veterinary Technician Assistant and Veterinary Office Assistant Programs at Granville College, students must obtain the following:
- Grade 12 or equivalent; transcript and resume required
- OR a minimum of five years’ work experience; resume required
- Must have 60% score on Granville College Entrance Evaluation
- Must pass the Admission Interview
For International students, In addition To The Above One Or More Of The following:
- A minimum of three years of full-time study at the secondary school level in an English language school system in a country where English is considered the primary language or the primary language of instruction and evaluation is English, with passing grades in all English courses;
- Must have a minimum of two full years of successful study in an accredited university degree program or two full years of successful study in an accredited college diploma program in a country OR in a post-secondary institution where English is the primary language of instruction;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of CBT 240 or iBT 91
- OR International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5
International students must make ready a valid study visa and a valid work permit to complete the Veterinary Technician Assistant Program and practicum.
Graduation Requirements at Granville College
Before a student can graduate from Granville College, Vancouver, the student must
- Score at least 70% or higher marks in each course/module in the Diploma Program
- Successfully complete the required hours of the program;
- Have paid all dues (money owed) in full to Granville College;
- Submit all required forms to the Instructor or Administrator.
Granville College fees
The fees for Granville College depend on two factors, if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, your fee differs from what an international student will pay.
Below is a list of fees for Granville College
|Materials and Supplies||40.00||40.00|
|Student Record Archiving Fee||10.00||10.00|
|Student Services Fee||100.00||100.00|
|TOTAL PROGRAM COSTS||$ 8,100.00||$ 11,250.00|
Book A Tour. Make An Informed Decision About Your Future.
At Granville College, we take it as our top priority to help you succeed in animal health care and we place great value in getting to know each of our students.
We encourage setting up an interview and personal tour of the school. Through this, you can view the classes, go over the curriculum, and get all your questions answered in person. If you’re ready to make a positive life change, don’t wait.
How to Apply for Granville College Vancouver
Fill out the Apply Online Form and a Granville College Admissions Advisor will get in touch with you shortly.
They will give you information on what documents you need to supply, as well as your career goals, course outlines and schedules, costs, and any other questions you may have.
Once you are ready, you can apply online both as a Canadian citizen or as a foreign applicant.
To apply, you must provide the following information in your application form.
- Birth Date Month*
- Birth Date Day*
- Birth Date Year*
- Are you a Canadian Citizen?*
- Do you have a study permit?
- Current Status In Canada:*
If you do not have a study permit, do you have a permit, visa or other written authorization to study in Canada other than a study permit?
- Is English your first language?
- Do you identify yourself as an Aboriginal person, that is, First Nations, Métis, or Inuit?
- First Nations
- Do you have a long-term physical or mental health condition that limits the kind of activity that you can perform on a daily basis?
- High School Grad Date Year
- Are you a high school graduate?
- High School Grad Date Day
Level of Education
- Have you attended University, College, or a vocational program?
- Are you currently employed?
- Are you eligible to receive funding from any source?
- How did you learn about Granville College? (Part 1)*
- Program Interested in?
Frequently Asked Questions about Granville College Canada
Q. Is Granville College Vancouver the same thing as Vance Granville Community College?
Ans. Vance Granville Community College is not the same as Granville College Vancouver.
VGCC is a college with four campuses in Vance, Granville, Franklin, and Warren. It was established in 1969 and offers over 40 courses.
Q. What are the requirements to become a veterinary assistant?
Ans. In order to become a Veterinary assistant, you must have at least attained a high school diploma or higher degree, but the requirements may differ from province to province.
A degree may not be necessary but it can help you as a vet assistant if you aspire to work as a manager in the Veterinary industry.
Q. What are the regular duties of a veterinary assistant?
Ans. The primary duty of a Veterinary Assistant is to assist the veterinarians and veterinary technicians with daily tasks. It can vary depending on the environment you find yourself in. The duties can include
- Feeding the animals
- Bathing the animals
- Exercising animals boarding at the clinic
- Cleaning and disinfecting cages, kennels, and exam rooms
- Restraining animals during exams and laboratory procedures
- Monitoring and caring for animals after surgery
Q. How long does it take to become a vet assistant?
Ans. It takes about four years to become a veterinary school for a degree.
Also, it takes a four4-year bachelor’s degree program to become a veterinary technologist, but a veterinary assistant can finish a program in 9 months to qualify as a vet assistant. Equally takes two years program to qualify as a veterinary technician.