How Can I Immigrate To Canada As A Skilled Worker?

You can immigrate to Canada as a skilled worker through the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW). This program is for individuals who are selected to immigrate to Canada because of their skills and work experience.

One of the major focus of Canadian immigration is to welcome highly skilled workers or newcomers who will contribute to the country’s growing economy. Foreign Skilled workers who permanently reside in Canada are especially invaluable to Canada’s economy and the strength of its workforce.

Successful candidates of the Skilled Worker Immigration programs will be issued a Canadian Immigration (permanent resident) Visa, allowing them to come to Canada with their families.

To qualify to apply for this program, you must:

  • Have a job offer; or
  • Be qualified to work in Canada; or
  • Be able to prove that you have sufficient fund to support yourself and your family members or dependants after you arrive in Canada;

and must possess at least One (1) year of full-time (or part-time equivalent) skilled work experience; Meet minimum Canadian language levels in English or French; have a post-secondary certificate, degree or diploma; Intend to live outside the Quebec’s province.

What Kind Of Work Experience Do You Need As A Skilled Worker?

basically, your work experience have to fall under either, the Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or Skill Level B on the Canada National Occupational Classification (NOC).

Your work experience should be paid, full-time or the equivalent number of hours part-time. Full-time is a minimum of 30 hours per week. You must have had this work experience during the last Ten years.

However, These limits may not apply if you have a permanent job offer.

The Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Point System

You have to get at least 67 points to be eligible to apply as a Federal Skilled Worker program. You get different points based on:

  • Your age;
  • Your education;
  • Your work experience;
  • Your proficiencies in English and/or French;
  • If you have job offer or arranged employment in Canada; and
  • Your adaptability.

To see how your skilled worker points are calculated and to see if you are eligible, visit the Selection Factors page. Please note that the Federal Skilled Worker point system is different from Express Entry points.

If you qualify to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker category, you can submit your profile to Express Entry. Express Entry is a new online application platform for economic immigration categories, such as the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW).

Check Also

Bank And A Credit Union In Canada

Difference Between Bank and Credit Union in Canada

No matter who you are or what you do, you will require certain financial services …