Guidelines and procedures to apply for permanent residency in Australia. With a good economy, High GDP, good standard of living, low employment rate and favorable Government policies- Australia no doubt is among the countries with the most number of immigrants in the world.
Are you planning to immigrate to Australia permanently? We will enlighten you with basic procedures and guidelines to apply for Permanent Residency in Australia. If you desire to apply for an Australia PR visa, then you might want to know about the different categories for anyone who wants to move to Australia.
There are separate Australian Visa Categories for the applicants interested to live, work, study, business or visit Australia on a visitor/tourist visa. Here below are the few main Visa Categories available for Immigration to Australia.
- Work Visa – for Skilled Independent Visa
- Business Innovation and Investment
- Student Visa
When Can you apply for a Permanent Residency visa?
You can apply for a permanent Residency visa if you have:
- Stayed for Two (2) years in Australia under a particular Regional Area and worked or self-employed, for One (1) year in these same areas. OR
- Attained sponsorship under the Regional Sponsored Migration system. After you determine the visa type and occupation type in Australia.
Submit Online Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect
Australia has a stress-free point-based immigration system to facilitate the young skilled overseas workers, looking to live and work in Australia and Afterwards contribute to the development of the Australian economy.
This is the excellent arrangement put together the by Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to address the state wise or territory wise skill shortage issues in Australia. The Skill Select is an online service through which the Australian Immigration Department organize and control its Migration Programme.
You will be required to provide certain details in your EOI, such as your personal details, education, work experience, English proficiency, nominated occupation details, etc. Based on these details your EOI will be assessed and later you will receive an invitation to apply (ITA) for a visa.
After you receive an invitation
- Based on the type of Visa an applicant is interested in, He/she may get the invitation from SkillSelect to file a visa application.
- An applicant will have not more than 60 days to lodge a valid visa application online before the invitation closes.
- An applicant would require making available some evidence in support of his claims in your visa application.
- Health and Character requirements will be examined during visa application period.
Submit the Documents related to health check up & Character certification (to be given by the Police)
The moment you receive the notification that you a required to submit these documents you must keep both these documents ready at earliest. Health condition reports generally do not take time; but, Police verification may take time from a week or two depending on their process. Generally, it doesn’t take much time to get your Australian Visa, after you have submitted all your related documents. The moment you receive your Visa under the desired category you can plan your journey to travel to Australia.