Whether you’re a Pakistani citizen or not, you need an Umrah Visa to enter Saudi from Pakistan for your pilgrimage. You can apply online or get the visa through a travel agency. Thus, we’ll walk you through how to apply for an Umrah visa from Pakistan.
Apply for an Umrah Visa Online
To obtain a Saudi Arabia Umrah visa online, take the following steps without any exceptions:
- Log on to the Maqam portal
- Click or tap to select one of the approved Umrah companies
- Create an Umrah package based on your preference. Aside from the visa application and processing, it may also include your transportation, accommodation, and ground services.
Afterward, you’ll receive a reference number and be redirected to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Ministry of Foreign Affairs portal. From there, you’ll be able to complete your visa application.
Get an Umrah Visa Through an Approved Travel Agency
Follow the instructions below to get a Saudi Umrah Visa by hiring an approved agency:
- Find an approved travel or tourism agency in your city
- Request for their Umrah packages, which should include your visa application
- Pay for your preferred package
- Book your flight to Saudi.
Remember to sign up on the Umrah apps (Tawakkalna and Etmarna) when you arrive in Saudi. It’s mandatory, and both apps are available for download on Android and iOS mobile devices.
Here are the functions of each app:
- The Tawakkalna app can access all your vaccination records, which you’ll have to show at the hotels, restaurants, and the masjids.
- This app enables you to get your prayer permits.
How Long Can You Stay on an Umrah Visa?
The duration of an Umrah visa is 90 days. Hence, you can stay in Saudi Arabia for up to three months and perform all activities performed by pilgrims.
What is the Cost of an Umrah Visa from Pakistan?
You won’t have to pay an application fee to get a Saudi Umrah Visa, no matter your nationality. However, other fees may be charged, such as for processing and Umrah-related services. These fees are equivalent to PKR 50,000.
How Long Does It Take to Get an Umrah Visa from Pakistan?
Umrah visa applications from Pakistan usually take five to ten days to process. Nevertheless, you can get the visa within 24 hours if you apply online using the electronic system.
Can We Perform Umrah without a Visa?
No, you need a valid Umrah visa to enter the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage purposes. However, the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah only accepts applications from persons above five years old.
Which Documents are Required for Umrah from Pakistan?
As a Pakistani citizen, you need the following documents to get an Umrah visa through Saudi’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah.
- A passport valid for up to six months from the application submission date
- Filled out Umrah visa application form
- One recent passport-size photo of you
- Round-trip flight ticket to Saudi Arabia
- Proof of health insurance coverage
- Evidence of meningitis vaccination not older than three years and taken at least the previous ten days
- Proof of relationship between you and your mahram, such as your spouse, partner, father, or brother (Required if you’re female.)
Read Next: What Is A Skilled Worker Visa In The UK?