Australia is among the top destinations for immigrants to live and work abroad. This article is designed for those applicants who are searching for information on how to apply for skilled migration to Australia.
In last one decade, the immigration rate of Australia has also doubled, in view of the fact that it organized immigration system, top livable cities, high employment rate and best infrastructure and settings to live, work or stay permanently.
But, if you are a novice, you may get confused with Australia’s point-based skilled migration system. We have provided Australian visa requirements as well as some tips to help you prepare your immigration file for Australian skilled PR visa.
Australia Skilled Migration Visa Requirements
The Skillselect system Australia uses is points-based, with applicants receiving points for criteria ranging from Age, education to work experience. Applicants must score at least 60 points for their visa to be issued. The following tables give a detailed explanation of how points are allotted for Skillselect visas.
Below is a free online Australian General Skilled Migration points test for you to know if your score points are enough for your visa.
- Age – you must be under Forty-Five (45) when you apply;
- English language – you should have enough ability in the English language to work in Australia (at least at a good level);
- Nominated occupation – when you apply you choose a skilled occupation, which fits your qualification and skills. This occupation should be found on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List;
- Skills assessment – before you apply, you must have your skills evaluated and assessed by the Australian assessing authority designated to assess your chosen occupation (which will usually have specified qualifications requirements);
- Health assessment – you should be of reasonably good health and all candidates must have their health examined by a panel doctor and take a medical examination; and
- Character assessment – you should be of unquestionable and good character and this too will be assessed.
Please note, If you are unable to meet the basic requirements and pass the Points Test, then you shouldn’t continue with a General Skilled Migration to Australia application. There are other Australian immigration programs you could take advantage of.
Tips to help you prepare your immigration file for Australian skilled PR visa
1. Check the Availability of your Occupation in Australia
First and foremost, check whether your occupation is on-demand in Australia. To check the same, you need to explore the relevant Skilled Occupation list and choose an occupation which matches your skills, experience, and profile, etc.
2. Acquire IELTS and Skill Assessment
Get your IELTS Test to prove your efficiency level in the English language in front of the immigration authorities. Your IELTS band score should not be below at least 6. A skill Assessment report is another essential document that you need obtaining to prepare your immigration file.
3. Select the right Visa option
At this stage, you need to select the right visa option. Australian authorities have designed a point system for skilled migration, i.e. General Skilled Migration (GSM) program. The GSM has two main Skilled Permanent visa Categories, i.e. Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 Visa and Skilled Independent subclass 189 Visa.
You may choose any of these aforementioned visa categories to apply for Australia PR visa, but, if you select Subclass 190 visa, you will first need to get the nomination from a state or territory in Australia, as it’s a State nominated visa.
4. Check your total Immigration point score
The GSM check the eligibility of a candidate based on the point he/she scores for key factors, i.e. age, education, work experience, English language ability etc.
As per the system, you require to score at least or not less than 60 points out of 100 to qualify. So, verify your total immigration point score.
5. Hire a trusted Immigration Consultancy Service when applying Skilled Migration To Australia
You are advised to hire a genuine and registered Visa Consultancy Service if you are applying for the Australian visa for the first time. Especially if you are not aware of the procedural details.
A tested and trusted Visa consultancy provides valuable assistance in the immigration process from the beginning to the end. They will help you get visa approval with their expertise and experience in the immigration industry.