Admission is open for local and international students to study in ISI College Montreal, Canada. ISI, L’institut Supérieur d’Informatique is a technical based school for computing related and IT courses in Quebec, located at 2100 Boul. de Maisonneuve E, Montréal, QC H2K 4S1.
In Montreal, many IT-based jobs are top-ranked as the highest-paid and demanded jobs by employers. Its finance sector also has a high ranking as one of the outstanding in the continent.
Studying at ISI College Montreal will give prospective students an edge over other job seekers who want to get hired by an IT employer. Additionally, the ISI College Montreal campus was set up to handle its students’ needs while specializing in computer science education. This post examines programs offered by the school, their tuition fees structure, admission requirements, and study permit options for international applicants.
Table of Contents
- 1 About ISI College Montreal
- 2 Career Days at L’institut Supérieur d’Informatique
- 3 ISI College Montreal Course and Programs
- 4 How to Apply to ISI College Quebec
- 4.1 1. Make your selection from ISI College available courses
- 4.2 2. Get documents ready
- 4.3 3. Await decision from ISI College Montreal
- 4.4 4. At this stage, you need to finalize your application for study at L’institut Supérieur d’Informatique Montreal.
- 4.5 5. Consider the processing times of a Canadian study permit and Quebec Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAQ)
- 4.6 6. Prepare to leave your home country for Montreal
- 5 ISI College Montreal Tuition Fees
About ISI College Montreal
L’Institut Supérieur d’Informatique was established in 1997. It is an academic institute that focuses on computer-based education for local and international students. ISI College classrooms are featured with top-notch equipment and software.
As a student of ISI College, your study will take you through intensive training, and will help you learn IT skills that are highly demanded by employers. This school has great reviews from alumni, which is something to bank on.
More so, ISI College Montreal has been recognized for its Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS) by Quebec’s government. Furthermore, ISI College avails a variety of student services, which includes assistance for the immigration process, internship, financial aid, as well as career days.
They also ensure the provision of numerous learning resources to both its local and international students.
Additionally, graduates of ISI College Montreal are opportune to secure a job placement rate of more than 90%. Each program offered by ISI College finishes with an internship, which will help you to apply concepts and skills in a professional environment.
Career Days at L’institut Supérieur d’Informatique
ISI College schedules careers days on 3 different occasions yearly. It enables companies to hire the best candidates in any computer-based program. Many ISI College graduates get employed for partaking in the career days.
Each graduate will have to undergo many interviews and talk with employers about their future IT inventions.
Moreover, ISI College graduates who have completed studies from the institution for many years are also opportune to partake in the career days. Hence, you can choose to participate in the career days whenever you wish.
ISI College Montreal Course and Programs
L’Institut Supérieur d’Informatique College offers a variety of IT-based programs to its students. Here are the programs offered to students at ISI College Montreal:-
- IT Project Management
- Web Integration Techniques
- Video Game Programming
- Computer Networks and Security
- Programming & Web Technologies
- Programming, Networks, and Security
How to Apply to ISI College Quebec
As long as you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you need to apply for admission as an international student and secure study visa as required by IRCC.
Here are how you can apply for admission at ISI College Montreal.
1. Make your selection from ISI College available courses
As an international applicant of ISI College Montreal, the first step required is to choose your preferred ISI College programs.
Selections can be made from IT project management, web integration techniques, video game programming, computer networks & security, programming & web technologies, or programming, networks & security.
2. Get documents ready
Afterward, you are mandated to make provisions for these documents;
i. Academic transcripts with grades
ii. Diploma certificates
iii. English language proficiency testing
ISI College Montreal requires its international applicants to prove English language skills by providing a transcript or result to indicate a previous study in the English language for a minimum of 3 years.
For this purpose, ISI College accepts transcripts for a Bachelor’s program or any higher education.
Hence, if you do not meet the above condition, you can partake in an English Language proficiency test to be qualified for admission at ISI College.
Moreover, for each accepted language proficiency test, your test scores are required to pass certain grades as demonstrated below.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Your IELTS tests score shouldn’t be less than 6 overall or more
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): You need a TOEFL test score of at least 75 overall or more
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) assessment: A minimum test score of 60 overall or more
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): At least 60 overall or more in your PTE test score
- Duolingo English Test: A minimum test score of 110 or more.
Exemption from English language proficiency test (IELTS)
Some international applicants are exempted from taking an English language proficiency test for ISI college admission.
This is applicable to you if you’re an international applicant from English-speaking countries like the USA, UK, Nigeria, Ghana, Anguilla, United States Virgin Islands, Ghana, Singapore, Antigua, and Barbuda, Grenada, Australia, Guyana, Sierra Leone, Bahamas, Ireland, South Africa, Barbados, Jamaica, Tanzania, Belize, Kenya, Trinidad and Tobago, Bermuda, Liberia, Turks and Caicos Islands, Botswana, Mauritius, Uganda, British Virgin Islands, Montserrat, Canada (with an exemption of Quebec), New Zealand, Cayman Islands, Virgin Islands, Dominica, Rwanda, Zambia, Egypt, Saint Lucia, Zimbabwe, Gambia, Saint Kitts, and Nevis, as well as Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
iv. Curriculum Vitae (Only applicable to applicants of IT project management program)
Aside from CV, you must also possess a Baccalauréat (French high-school diploma) + a 3-year university degree in programming, informatics, or in any relevant program.
In addition, you’re required to show vast work experience in informatics.
iv. Draft a statement of purpose or motivation letter
It must contain;
- Your program and semester
- You should also state why you prefer to study at ISI College Montreal, as well as your intention for choosing the program.
- It should also feature your previous studies such as high school, DEP, among others. The exact field and last level also have to be included.
- Besides, your statement of purpose should contain if you have initially studied informatics or not. If so, you are required to state your reason to further your informatics study at ISI College Montreal.
3. Await decision from ISI College Montreal
ISI College examines applicants’ documents within 2 to 3 weeks. Thus, you need to regularly sign in to your email so as to know when your admission decision has been sent
4. At this stage, you need to finalize your application for study at L’institut Supérieur d’Informatique Montreal.
You are required to;
- Scan and send a copy of your birth certificate
- Make a colored scan of your passport’s picture and information pages
- Fill out the personal information form, which is provided in the admission email
- Ensure payment of your admission fees based on the information in the admission email.
5. Consider the processing times of a Canadian study permit and Quebec Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAQ)
Take note that all Canadian educational institutes in Quebec make it compulsory for all international students to get a CAQ and valid study permit. Processing a Canadian study permit and CAQ takes some number of months, which varies on your country.
6. Prepare to leave your home country for Montreal
You are expected to arrive in Montreal before the semester starts. An email containing your invitation to ISI College’s orientation will be sent to you.
During the orientation, you’ll be given your schedule, student identification card, laptop, as well as other learning materials.
ISI College Montreal Tuition Fees
The tuition fees at this institution are subject to change and won’t be disclosed publicly except via phone or e-mail.
FAQs about how to apply to ISI College Montreal
Q. Are international students of ISI College allowed to work?
Yes, full-time international students of ISI College Montreal are allowed to do part-time jobs for a maximum of 20 hours weekly. More so, you’re allowed to work full-time for 40 hours each week whenever ISI College isn’t in session, that is, during breaks
Q. Does ISI College Montreal offer part-time programs?
No, ISI College does not offer any part-time programs at the moment. They only specialize in full-time programs.
Q. Does ISI College offer scholarships?
No, they do not provide scholarships to their students due to the fact that ISI College is private-owned and not run by the government.
Q. Is ISI College public or private?
Ans. ISI College is a private college located in the Quebec province of Canada
Q. Does L’institut Supérieur d’Informatique hire students for jobs within the campus?
No, they do not employ students for jobs within the campus. Hence, you can take chances of ISI College’s neighborhood to get hired by an employer in a restaurant, apparel store, grocery store, and so on.
Q. Why study at ISI College?
You will get a wide range of advantages when you choose to study at ISI College Montreal. Among these are:
ISI College makes use of modern technologies to provide specialized computer-based programs to both local and international students.
When you graduate from ISI College Montreal, you are likely to become an expert in your field. You will also acquire versatile knowledge on Information Technology (IT). ISI College avails all learning materials to its students. They also support international students in processing their immigration
Moreover, ISI College Montreal ensures that their students have a lot of time to study, work and do other leisure activities
Q. Do ISI College graduates get job placement?
Graduates of ISI College Montreal are hired by many renowned companies like Siemens, Maestro Technologies, VIDEOTRON, Deloitte, Unity, Intact Insurance, etc.