Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) is the body in charge of providing the Saskatchewan Auto Fund, the public auto insurance system that handles the driver’s licensing and vehicle registration system in Saskatchewan.
When you move, it is essential to inform SGI, in order to ensure your driver’s licence is updated accordingly.
Table of Contents
Who is required to Inform Saskatchewan Government Insurance of their change of address?
If you currently have or possess a driver’s licence in Saskatchewan, then you have to update it within Fifteen (15) days of relocating to your new home to make sure SGI does not send mail to your old address.
How to update your address with Saskatchewan Government Insurance?
There are four (4) different methods for you to change your address on your driver’s licence:
- Visit a motor licence issuer
- Visit MySGI account online and update your personal information
- Call 1-844-855-2744 and ensure to have your Customer Number from your driver’s licence readily available
- Use the online ExpressAddress service, on which you can change your address for different bills and services
Important things you should know!
- When you update your address, you do not need to renew your driver’s licence and will not be provided a new one by SGI.
- Your Saskatchewan driver’s licence usually lasts for Five (5) years. It is only after those 5 years that you will be required to renew your licence and acquire a new photo before the expiry date.
What if you are moving permanently from another province to Saskatchewan?
In this scenario, you can drive with your old driver’s licence for Ninty (90) days before obtaining a Saskatchewan driver’s licence. To do so, you have to fulfull the Saskatchewan residency requirements and complete a declaration that indicates you are a resident.
You have to provide a minimum of two (2) pieces of original identification, with two (2) Saskatchewan residency documents, which must include your home address/land location and be dated not more than Ninety (90) days.