How To Validate Your Confirmation Of Permanent Residency

There are many ways to validate your Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR). For example, some permanent resident applicants inland who are in the final stages of application are now receiving telephone interviews from Immigration refugee and citizenship Canada offices to activate their permanent residency.

Most inland candidates invited for a telephone interview live far away from the border or in the interior places and far from an IRCC landing office.

But, before the telephone interview, you will require to provide the following: your name, application number, address, telephone number, Unique Client Identification (UCI), and your COPR form.

During the interview, you may be asked questions like convictions or charges from your home country or any country, history of refusals of entry to Canada, or deportation from Canada.

You may also be asked questions about having dependent children not included in your application and corrections of any error or misspelled information. The interviewee may ask you to put NO and your initials on those questions found on your Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR).

You will then be asked to sign your COPR and wait for an email for further steps. Finally, you must send that signed COPR to them for them to countersign, and you will then be registered as a Canadian permanent resident. Your PR card will be issued to you by mail within 60 days.

The other two ways of validating your confirmation of permanent residency are as follows:

If you already reside in Canada, you have two options to become a Canadian permanent resident:

1. You can schedule a meeting at one of the IRCC offices near where you stay in Canada. If your permanent resident visa (or one of your family members’) expires in two months or less, please show that you need urgent processing.

2. If you cannot schedule a meeting as indicated above, you may have to leave Canada and re-enter through an international airport or the border.

When you land in Canada, an IRCC officer will interview you at the port of entry and grant you entry into Canada based on the information on your visa.

In either case, you will have to show the immigration officer: your passport or travel document, Confirmation of Permanent Residence, and proof of legal status in Canada, i.e., a valid temporary resident permit, work permit, study permit, or visitor document.

Check Also

Mount Allison University

Mount Allison University Admission Requirement

The Mount Allison University admission requirements for international students have been made known by the …