Immigrate to Canada as an Architecture And Science Manager
Are you thinking whether it is possible or not to immigrate to Canada as an architecture and science manager? You will definitely get your answers on this post.
Certainly, architecture and science managers are one of the managerial occupations in Canada under NOC Skill Type 0.
It is without a doubt that architecture and science managers are currently sought-after by public and private sector establishments in Canada.
In fact, architecture and science managers have huge prospects in many Canadian provinces and territories.
Because of this, there are possibilities to become a Canadian immigrant if you can focus on meeting the requirements to immigrate to Canada as an architecture and science manager.
Hence, this post covers information on several things you need to know about architecture and science managers in Canada, including on their employment requirements, pathways and steps to follow to immigrate.
Who are architecture and science managers?
Generally speaking, architecture and science managers plan, organize, coordinate, control and assess the activities of an architecture company, landscape architecture service or firm, scientific or statistical department, etc.
Moreover, architecture and science managers work for several private and public sector establishments in Canada, including architectural companies and scientific research firms.
With regard to Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC), architecture and science managers are under the grouping, 0212.
Job descriptions/duties of architecture and science managers
Here are list of the main job duties of architecture and science managers.
- Planning, organizing, coordinating, controlling, as well as assessing the activities and operations of an architecture, landscape architecture, scientific research & development laboratory or Quality Control (QC) department, service or establishment
- Formulating and enforcing policies, standards and procedures for the architectural, scientific, as well as technical work executed in the department, service, laboratory or establishment
- Assigning, coordinating and examining the technical work of the department or project teams
- Hiring staff, supervising development and maintenance of staff competence in necessary areas
- Having direct involvement in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the theoretical or applied scientific activities of the department
- Discussing and negotiating with clients in order to prepare specifications, explain proposals or present architectural or scientific research reports and findings
Examples of jobs under NOC 0212
The following are certainly the examples of occupations under NOC 0212.
- Actuarial department manager
- Agricultural (chemistry branch director, representatives director, as well as agricultural representatives regional manager)
- Architectural (manager, as well as architectural service manager)
- Biological research department chief
- Chemical (manager, as well as chemical research division manager)
- Chief actuary
- Clinical projects manager
- Director of (architecture, research – forestry, research – manufacturing, as well as director of research – mining)
- Ecological research manager
- Ecology manager
- Environmental science manager
- Experimental farm superintendent
- Geochemical manager
- Geological manager
- Geophysical manager
- Laboratory (director, as well as laboratory manager)
- Landscape architecture manager
- Life sciences program manager
- Livestock (development manager, production programs manager, as well as livestock program development manager)
- Manufacturing research director
- Mathematical services manager
- Mathematics (department director, as well as mathematics program manager)
- Mining research director
- Natural sciences program manager
- Oceanographic research director
- Petroleum geology department manager
- Physical sciences program manager
- Project management chief – scientific affairs
- Quality control (director – chemistry, as well as quality control manager – pharmaceutical products)
- Research director (forestry, manufacturing, as well as research director – mining)
- Quality assurance manager – cannabis
- Rural development (manager, as well as rural development program manager)
- Research and development manager
- Scientific research (department manager, director, as well as scientific research manager)
- Urban planning and renewal director – government services
- Statistical (department director, as well as statistical service manager)
- Urban planning and development (assistant director – government services, as well as director – government services)
- Zoological (garden director, as well as zoological park director)
Requirements to work in Canada as an architecture and science manager
Do you really want to immigrate to Canada as an architecture and science manager? If yes, then you need to take note of these employment requirements.
- Must have an architecture degree credential
- Need to be registered as a professional architect
- Must possess many years of work experience as an architect
Landscape architecture managers
- Required to have completed a degree in landscape architecture
- Need to be licensed as a professional landscape architect
- Must have certain years of experience as a landscape architect
Science and other managers
- Must have completed a Master’s or PhD degree program in a science field of study
- It is also necessary to have some years of work experience in a relevant scientific field
Exclusions under architecture and science managers
The following occupations have exemptions under the NOC grouping of architecture and science managers in Canada, 0212.
- 0211 – Engineering managers
- 0213 – Computer and information systems managers
- 0811 – Managers in natural resources production and fishing
- Science professionals and supervisors of science professionals (under NOC 21, Professional occupations in natural and applied sciences)
Requirements to immigrate to Canada as an architecture and science manager
Without doubt, all foreigners who intend to immigrate to Canada as an architecture and science manager must meet the general requirements noted below to attain the minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points required.
Of course, it is necessary for you to have at least 67/100 in order to qualify for immigration under Canada’s Express Entry CRS.
- Age: As at the application date, your present age must be between the range of 18 and 35 years old.
- Education: You are required to have graduated from secondary school or from a post-secondary institution within or outside Canada.
Furthermore, an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report in needed if you graduated from a non-Canadian educational institution.
- Language: Must successfully complete a proof of language proficiency test in either English or French. These include IELTS, TOEFL, CELPIP, CanTEST, TEF Canada, etc
- Arranged employment: An arranged employment is also referred to as a job offer. Indeed, it is obtainable from a Canadian employer who is willing to employ your services.
Thus, getting one can help you boost your points on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
- Employment experience: You will be able to earn more CRS points when you have work/employment experience not less than 1 year in a full-time job.
- Adaptability: Additional CRS points are availed to foreigners who are applying to immigrate to Canada together with their spouse or common-law partner.
- Nomination certificate is required if you are using any of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) to immigrate to Canada.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as an architecture and science manager
Through two (2) pathways, you can successfully become an architecture and science manager and permanent resident in Canada.
Undoubtedly, these immigration programs/pathways include Express Entry program and Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).
1. Express Entry program
Indeed, architecture and science managers are among the skilled workers in Canada.
As an occupation in demand, they are highly needed in Canada, and are classified under NOC Skill Type 0.
Hence, you can make use of Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) for processing to immigrate to Canada as an architecture and science manager.
2. Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
Truly, there are virtually one dozen of provincial nominee programs in Canada.
Via these programs, you need to reach out to a Canadian province or territory in order to ask for nomination for Canada’s permanent residency.
Upon immigration to Canada via a Provincial Nominee Program, you owe allegiance to the particular province or territory that nominated you.
Thus, you need to work and reside permanently in that province or territory.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as an architecture and science manager
Below are ideal course of actions you can take to immigrate to Canada as an architecture and science manager.
STEP 1: Find out eligibility and decide on a pathway
As the first step to immigrate to Canada as an architecture and science manager, you need to find out if you qualify for immigration under Express Entry or Provincial Nominations.
Moreover, you are required to make a choice from the available pathways.
STEP 2: Create Express Entry profile & submit
After choosing your preferred pathway, you are required to create and submit an Express Entry profile no matter the pathway you are using.
At this time, you also need to seek nomination from a province or territory if your choice of immigration pathway is Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
STEP 3: Apply for Permanent Residency (PR)
Undoubtedly, this is the third step to act on to immigrate to Canada as an architecture and science manager.
Following the receipt of your Invitation to Apply (ITA) for PR from IRCC, you must apply for permanent residency to Canada within 60 days.
STEP 4: Immigrate to Canada
All things considered, this is the final step to undertake in order to immigrate to Canada as an architecture and science manager.
Therefore, you need to expect receiving a decision from IRCC with regard to your application for permanent residency.
FAQs & conclusion
What is architecture and science managers NOC code?
How much do architecture and science managers make in Canada?
Of course, the average salary of architecture and science managers in Canada ranges from $25 to $65 Canadian Dollars per hour.
In essence, it is very easy to immigrate to Canada as an architecture and science manager inasmuch as you are ready to act on the right information and instructions. The entire, Work Study Visa team wishes you good luck throughout the process!