To immigrate to Canada as a biologist is simple and it will be a good opportunity to any national who has qualifications academically as a professional biologist. Canada is open to welcome international professional biologists to work in different provinces in Canada.
It is also an opportunity to settle in Canada as a permanent resident. Canada is one of the best destinations for many immigrants who want to change their environment for the purpose of better income and good standard of living. If you meet the requirements needed to immigrate to Canada as a biologist you shall definitely work comfortably as a biologist in Canada.
There are so many pathway programs that will help you to achieve your dreams of immigrating to Canada as a biologist.
However this article will disclose all the necessary informations you may need to immigrate to Canada as a biologist such as the duties of a biologist in Canada, the examples of jobs under biologist job code, the requirements for immigrating to Canada as a biologist and the pathway programs that can assist you as well as the steps you should follow to immigrate to Canada as a biologist
Table of Contents
- What do Biologist do?
- Main duties of a biologist
- Requirements to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist.
- Pathway programs to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist
- Steps to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist
What do Biologist do?
To Immigrate to Canada as a biologist you will be ready to perform your functions. Biologists and related scientists conduct basic and applied research to extend knowledge of living organisms, to manage natural resources, and to develop new practices and products closely related to medicine and agriculture.
Biologists are employed in laboratory and Field settings by the government, Environmental consulting companies, resource and utility companies, chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnical companies and health as well as health and educational institutions. To Immigrate to Canada as a biologist,you must be familiar with the Scopes of your discipline.
According to the National Occupational Classification (NOC) list, biologists are under code 2121.
Examples of Occupation under the NOC Code 2121
The following jobs are also classified in the Canada NOC Code 2121 with biologists. Therefore, to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist you must be aware of the jobs under your job category. They include:
- agricultural scientist
- animal ecologist
- animal geneticist
- animal nutritionist
- animal taxonomist
- apiculture entomologist
- aquatic biologist
- bacteriologist – animal health
- biological scientist
- biology systematist
- biology taxonomist
- biomedical nanotechnology research scientist
- cell biologist
- cellular physiologist
- crop scientist
- crop-research scientist
- dairy bacteriologist
- dairy scientist
- descriptive toxicologist
- developmental biologist
- developmental geneticist
- domestic animal scientist
- economic botanist
- environmental and occupational toxicologist
- environmental biologist
- environmental toxicologist
- enzymology biologist
- extraction specialist – cannabis
- fishery bacteriologist
- fishery products bacteriologist
- food bacteriologist
- food products bacteriologist
- food products scientist
- food research scientist
- food scientist
- forest ecologist
- forest pathologist
- human physiologist
- industrial bacteriologist
- insect physiologist
- interpretive naturalist
- invertebrate zoologist
- laboratory immunologist
- marine biologist
- marine hydrobiologist
- marine mammal trainer
- mechanistic toxicologist
- medical parasitology biologist
- molecular biologist
- molecular geneticist
- molecular physiologist
- parasitology biologist
- park naturalist
- pharmaceutical bacteriologist
- physiological biophysicist
- physiologist-biochemist – nuclear medicine
- plant anatomist
- plant breeder
- plant ecologist
- plant nematologist
- plant pathologist
- plant physiologist
- plant population biologist
- plant scientist
- plant taxonomist
- population geneticist
- poultry scientist
- protozoology biologist
- public health bacteriologist
- regulatory toxicologist
- research biologist
- rural ecologist
- soil bacteriologist
- staff toxicologist
- systems biologist
- veterinary parasitology biologist
- wildlife biologist
- wildlife helminthologist
- wildlife naturalist
Exclusions from Biologist category
The following jobs are are excluded from the Job NOC 2121
- Architecture and science manager
- Clinical immunology
- Specialist in laboratory medicine.
Main duties of a biologist
Applying to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist means that you a well prepared to carry out the function of a professional biologist
The following are the main functions or duties to be performed by a biologist.
- Plan and conduct studies of the environment and of the population, distribution, structure and functional characteristics and behaviour of plants and animals.
- Conduct ecological and environmental impact studies and prepare reports to study, identify and classify plants and animal specimens.
- Conduct experiments in plants and animal growth, heredity and breeding.
- Prepare reports and plans for management of renewable resources.
- Supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists.
microbiologist and cell molecular biologists:
- Conduct research into the structure function, ecology, biotechnology and genetics of microorganisms including bacteria, fungi, protozoans and algae.
- Conduct research into the structure and function in a human, animal and plant tissues and cells
- Conduct studies into the identification, effects and control of woman plants and animal pathogens and toxins.
- Conduct clinical and laboratory studies to test, evaluate and screen drugs pharmaceuticals and nanoparticles used in biomedical applications.
- Conducting molecules are biochemical studies and the spelling and in genetic expression Gene manipulation and recombinant DNA technology to develop new or alternative methods of producing Products.
- Conduct research in biotechnology to discover, develop, and refine and evaluate new products.
- May participate in the commercialization of new products.
- May supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists.
- May conduct statistical data analysis using computer modelling Techniques.
- Biologist and related scientists also specialize at today macroscopic level, in fields such as botany zoology ecology and marine biology or at the circular and molecular level in the fields such as genetics, immunology, pharmacology, toxicology, physiology, pathology, bacteriology, virology, biotechnology and bioinformatics.
Requirements to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist.
There are some few Requirements mapped out by the Canadian government which must be completely met before thinking of Immigrating to Canada as a biologist. It is grouped into two, the general requirements and specific requirements.
These requirements are generally applied to all the applicants planning to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist and every other occupation. They include: I
Before you Immigrate to Canada as a biologist, you must provide a language proficiency test score which may be English or French to show your language ability
Age is also required to know whether you are within the labour force age if not, you will be regarded as aged or dependants. The normal age bracket is between 18 and 60 year
To Immigrate to Canada as a biologist there must be an educational requirement as a professional. Such as completing of your secondary School education and obtaining your ordinary level certificate
The skills of your partner may also be included in order to ascertain her own stand. Therefore if this request is presented to you, remember that you both will Immigrate to Canada.
Your ability to readjust in the new environment is also important. In terms of weather and other climate conduction. To Immigrate to Canada as a biologist you must be able to live in Canada comfortably.
To Immigrate to Canada as a biologist, you must prove the experience you have gathered so far in the biology Field to convince your employer to have maximum confidence in you.
Specific requirements to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist
To Immigrate to Canada as a biologist you must meet these specific requirements for biologists only. They include:
- A bachelor’s degree certificate in Biology or very related course
- A master’s degree or phD in biology or related course
- Post sectoral research scientist in Biology (to be on a better side)
Pathway programs to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist
There are so many pathway options for you to Immigrate to Canada as a Biologist. These Programs are Special and relevant to professionals who want to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist. They involved:
- Express Entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In Demand jobs
Express entry program is the most common pathway program that is more simple for people who want to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist. All you have to do is to open an Express entry profile and also make sure you choose the correct option that matches your profession. In this pathway program we have three division classes which includes.
Among these three programs you can choose Canada experience class because it matches your profession as a biologist.
Provincial nominee program
This program is organised by Canadian provinces. If you want to immigrate to Canada as a biologist and you want to choose the provincial nominee program pathway, you must endeavour to leave and work in that particular province. All provinces in Canada have their own nominee program with different requirements and qualifications.
In -Demand jobs
Also you can as well immigrate to Canada through an in demand occupations program. In Canada there is a national occupational classification which also entails the jobs in demand in Canada.
To immigrate to Canada as a biologist you have to check if your job is in the NOC lists of in-Demand jobs in Canada.
This program gives access to the professionals who want to immigrate to Canada as a biologist to apply directly after checking the NOC list of in- demand jobs.
Steps to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist
There are steps you will follow in order to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist. These steps are:
Step1: Open an Express entry profile
To immigrate to Canada as a biologist, the first thing you will have to do is to open an Express entry profile as a biologist. However opening this account may cost you nothing if you visit the IRCC website but the only money you will pay is the application letter fee
Step 2: choose a program
To immigrate to Canada as a biologist you must choose a program which you want to apply through. Make sure you choose a program that matches your profession. As a biologist you have to choose a Canadian experience class.
Step 3: get a job offer from Canada
To find a job offer is the third step for immigrating to Canada as a biologist. Your employer must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that no employee in Canada would fill the vacuum and also your employer must get permission from the labour market impact Assessment.
Step 4: get notification to apply
This notification will be sent to you as someone who want to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist only if you qualify for any program under the Express entry system as you have chosen.
The fact is that determining your success should be based on the general requirements such as language proficiency, age, work experience and education.
All your documents must be intact and ready to apply within 2 months from the day you get the notification to apply.
Step 5: Submit your application and attach other documents
The fifth step is to submit your documents and application and this must be done within two months when you receive the notification to apply. For you to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist, it must not exceed 60 days. The documents you will have to attach include an identity card, work experience proof, language proficiency examination results etc.
However, the application fee may cost you CAD$150 only. After this step you are really getting closer to immigrating to Canada as a biologist.
Step 6: Apply and get your work permit
At this step you will have to apply and get your work permit from the Canada embassy in your country. If you want to Immigrate to Canada after, this process may not take you longer than 14 days if everything goes well.
Once your visa is approved you will get an email notification concerning that and then you will have to proceed to the Canada imports embassy to take your work permit. Then you are free to Immigrate to Canada as a Biologist so work in the appropriate destination.
Frequently Asked Question
How much can a biologist earn in Canada?
A biologist can earn $65,078 per year or $33.37 per hour.
Most experienced biologists can earn up to $85,817 per year in Canada. Therefore to Immigrate to Canada as a biologist pays
In conclusion, it is good to immigrate to Canada as a biologist because of the multiple opportunities and I hope that these guidelines will help you to achieve your super goal.