If you operate any machine that extrude, mould, press and bake clay products, you can immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator. Concrete forming operators include either concrete, clay and stone forming operators.
Therefore, you can work in Canada as a concrete operator if you operate a machine that does any of these functions, you belong to this group.
However, before you can perform these functions in Canada, you must meet the requirements for the job.
Therefore, in this article, you will learn everything you need to know about immigrating to Canada as a concrete-forming operator.
Table of Contents
- What a camera concrete forming operator in Canada
- Jobs you can use to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator
- Main duties of a concrete forming operator in Canada
- Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator
- Frequently Asked Questions
What a camera concrete forming operator in Canada
Using the NOC code number 9414, concrete, clay and stone forming operators cast and finish concrete products. They also operate machines to extrude, mould, press and bake clay products. In addition to that, they operate machines to form, cut and finish stone products.
As a concrete, clay and stone operator, you can be employed by concrete, clay and stone products manufacturing companies.
Jobs you can use to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator
Only jobs listed under the NOC code 9414 belong to concrete operators. Therefore, you cannot immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator. They include:
- asbestos shingle presser
- brick presser operator
- clay press operator
- clay products moulder
- concrete block maker
- finisher – concrete, clay and stone products
- granite cutter
- marble cutter
- precast concrete moulder
- stone driller
- stone planer
- precast concrete
- slab maker
- stonework moulder
Works excluded from concrete forming operator in Canada
Many jobs that are involved in concrete do not belong to concrete forming operators. Therefore, you cannot use the following jobs to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator:
- Concrete finishers
- Helpers and labourers in concrete, clay and stone products manufacturing
- Inspectors of concrete, clay and stone products
- Stone carvers and potters
- Supervisors of workers in this unit group
Main duties of a concrete forming operator in Canada
In addition to the duties mentioned above, if you want to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator, you will be performing one or more of the jobs below:
Concrete products forming and finishing workers
The job for concrete products forming and finishing workers include:
- Firstly, they construct clay models and moulds by hand and with hand tools for use in casting concrete products
- Secondly, they build and repair wooden forms used to mould concrete products
- Thirdly, they position reinforcing rods or wire mesh in moulds and fill moulds with concrete from suspended pouring buckets
- Fourthly, they start vibrating tables to settle concrete or tamp concrete using an electric vibrator
- Next, they remove castings from mould with crane or forklift and finish surfaces of castings using screed or trowel
- Lastly, they cut cured concrete pipe sections with saw or chisel, and cement sections together to form odd-shaped fittings.
Concrete products machine operators
For concrete products machine operators, they perform the following duties:
- First of all, they set up, adjust and operate single-function machines to mix, drill, grind and cut concrete to specifications in the manufacture of concrete products
- Secondly, they check products for quality control, repair flaws, and perform ongoing machine adjustments and minor maintenance as necessary
- Fourthly, they move products using forklift, crane, or hydraulic hoist
- Finally, they record manufacturing information such as quantity, size, and type of goods produced.
Clay products forming and finishing machine operators
Those involved in clay products forming and finishing, their jobs include:
- First of all, they set up and operate automatic machines that mix ingredients, extrude tempered clay mixture and cut extruded clay into sections to make products such as bricks, drain tiles, and porcelain insulators
- Secondly, they operate mechanical or hydraulic ram and hot-presses to form pottery and porcelain ware
- Thirdly, they prepare and mix slip and fill moulds with slip to form pottery and porcelain ware such as jugs, cups, sinks, and toilet bowls
- Finally, they operate a kiln to bake clay products to specified hardness.
Stone forming and finishing workers
For workers in stone-forming and finishing workers, their duties include:
- Their first job is to operate blade or wire saws to cut blocks of stone to specified dimensions
- Secondly, they operate machines to grind and polish surfaces of stone blocks, slabs, or other stone products to a specific shape or design and to produce a smooth finish
- Thirdly, they operate sandblasting equipment to cut inscriptions or decorative designs in stone monuments
- Fourthly, they finish stone products with spray paint and by mounting plaques or installing concrete bases
- Next, they operate stone-dressing lathe to sharpen and dress grindstones that grind logs into pulp
- Finally, they operate machines to drill holes in blocks or slabs of stone according to specifications.
Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator
As a worker in Canada, you have to meet certain requirements to work in Canada. The requirements include both general and specific requirements.
General requirements to work in Canada
To immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator, you must meet the requirements below:
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Arranged employment
- Work experience
- Your partner’s ability
Every worker in Canada must meet the language requirements. This means that you must show proficiency in speaking, writing, reading, and listening to Canadian languages. Therefore, you must take a recognized exam as proof of this
The working-age in Canada is between 18 and 65 years. However, the age for immigration to work in Canada as a concrete forming operator is between 18 and 35 years. Therefore, if you don’t meet this requirement, you can’t work in Canada.
Another factor to consider to work in Canada is your education. The minimum education requirement is secondary education. However, there are jobs that demand more than that. Fortunately, a secondary education can allow you to immigrate to Canada as a concrete-forming operator.
#4: Arranged employment
Having arranged employment with a Canadian employer boosts your opportunity to work in Canada. Therefore, you can use your valid job offer in your application.
In order to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator. You must prove that you can adapt to the Canadian weather. In order to do this, you will have to provide a medical report showing that you are medically fit.
#6: Work experience
Your work experience is also needed to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator. Therefore, if you have any previous work experience, it will be good to include it in your application. This is because it will improve your score in the comprehensive ranking system.
#7: Your partner’s skills
Your partner’s skills, experience, age, and other things can increase your chances of immigrating to Canada to work. Because of this, it is necessary that you include all these things when applying for immigration into Canada.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada a concrete forming operator
In addition to the general requirements mentioned above, you must also meet the specific requirements for concrete forming operators in Canada. Therefore, you must meet the requirements below:
- First of all, you will need some secondary school education.
- Secondly, on-the-job training is provided.
- Thirdly, you will need experience as a helper or labourer in concrete, clay, or stone products manufacturing.
- Lastly, mould makers in this unit group who construct and repair wooden forms may require some carpentry or woodworking experience.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator
As a matter of fact, many employers in Canada are looking for chain saw and skidder operators. Therefore, as a skidder operator, you can immigrate to Canada and get employed. As such, you can immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator using one of these programs:
- Express entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Job offer
- Quebec Experience Class
1: Express entry
The express entry helps foreign workers to immigrate to Canada using three programs including:
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program.
Therefore, any foreigner immigrating to Canada as a concrete-forming operator can use whatever program they qualify for.
2: Provincial Nominee Program
There is a provincial nominee program in every province in Canada. This is for workers who want to work in a particular province, especially if they qualify for the program. In addition, you must decide to live band work in the province.
3: Job offer
With a valid job offer, you can Immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator. A job offer shows that you have the requirements for the job. Therefore, you can apply that you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.
4: In-demand jobs
This is a very simple way to immigrate to Canada as a foreign worker. This is because in-demand jobs are jobs that have a scarcity of employees, therefore, employers are looking for foreigners to fill the vacant position.
5: Quebec Experience Class
As a worker who wants to live and work in Canada, you can use the Quebec experience class. However, you must have a knowledge of French. Apart from that, you must also meet the requirements to work in Quebec.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator
The following steps will help you to immigrate to Canada as a concrete-forming operator easily. Therefore, it is advised that you adhere to the steps very carefully:
Step 1: Open an express entry account
The first step is to open an Express entry profile. You will receive information about Canadian immigration with this account. Therefore, you must open an account. While opening the account, make sure to include the correct details. Any wrong information entered can cause many problems in the future.
Step 2: Choose a program
During the time of opening your express entry profile, you will see an option to select a program. This is where you will select the program that you want to use to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator. Therefore, it is necessary that you select carefully because any mistake in selecting a program may disqualify you. The programs under the express entry system include:
- Canada Experience Class
- Federal skilled trade program
- Federal skilled worker program
- Provincial Nominee programs
- Quebec Experience Class
- Quebec skilled worker program
Step 3: Find a job in Canada
It is not compulsory that you must have a job offer. However, with a valid job offer, you can easily immigrate to Canada as a chain foreign worker. Therefore, if it is possible for you, arrange a job with a Canadian employer.
Step 4: Receive an invitation to apply
Successful candidates will receive an invitation to apply. This invitation indicates that you meet the requirements to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator. However, if you don’t receive an invitation to apply, zero you will have to try another time.
Step 5: Submit your application with supporting documents
Once you receive an invitation to apply, you have only 60 days to send your reply to IRCC. If you fail to do so, you will lose your slot. Therefore, you should start gathering your documents once you begin your immigration process. Along with the application and supporting documents, you must send an application fee of CAD $150.
Step 6: Get your work permit
After sending your application, you have to wait for 28 days to get a reply from IRCC. Therefore, you must get all the supporting documents ready.
If you do not receive this reply, it means that you didn’t submit a document or that you have the wrong information in your application. Therefore, you have to contact the IRCC to know the particular problem.
Step 7: Congratulations
As you receive this reply, you can begin your preparations to travel to Canada. Therefore, try to be ready even before submitting your application. Also, you will get your work permit at a port of entry in Canada. That means that you will not get it when in your home country.
Sometimes, when you arrive in Canada, your permit may not be ready. You don’t have to worry, however, you can book a meeting with the immigration officer to Know when to come back.Immigrate to Canada as a Database Administrator
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a job offer to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator?
You must use a job offer to immigrate to Canada as a concrete forming operator. However, if you can get a valid job offer from a Canadian employer, it becomes easy.
What is the average salary of a concrete forming operator in Canada?
As a concrete forming operator in Canada, you will earn an average salary of CAD $48,756. However, this depends on your experience and expertise. Therefore, you can earn more or less.
What is the processing time for a work visa to enter Canada as a concrete forming operator?
The normal time to process a work permit in Canada is between 3 to 6 months. However, if you do not submit a document nor use false information, it may take longer.
In conclusion, to immigrate to Canada as a concrete-forming operator, you will need the above information. Therefore, it is necessary that you follow them. Also, working in Canada has a lot of benefits you won’t like to miss.
Finally, Canada needs a lot of concrete forming operators to work in the construction industry. So, it is easy to immigrate to Canada as a concrete-forming operator.