If you Immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser, you will enjoy your Profession because Canada is an event area and conference arena.
Immigrating to Canada, may not be a difficult task since the Canadian government has arranged an Express entry program for the Immigrants. Those who meet the necessary requirements will successfully Immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser
However, Immigrating as conference organiser in Canada may require an active communication in the Canadian official languages but you may not border for that if you are good in either English language or French.
Canada is a multicultural environment where you will cope as a foreigner. It is a home of many cultural festivals that may be an interesting extravaganza.
In this article we exposed different areas that could help you to immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser, the duties of a conference organiser, the requirements needed to Immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser, the pathway programs through which you can successfully Immigrate to Canada and the steps to follow when you want to Immigrate to Canada.
In this article
- What a conference organiser does in Canada
- Examples of jobs under NOC Code 1226 list.
- Major duties of a conference organiser
- Requirements for immigrating to Canada as a conference organiser
- Specific requirements
- General Requirements
- Pathway programs to immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser
- Express entry program
- Provincial nominee program
- In-demand occupations
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser
- Step: Open an Express entry profile
- Step 2: choose a program
- Step 3: get a job offer
- Step 4: get invitation to apply
- Step 5: submit your application with other supporting documents
- Step 6: get your work permit
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- How much is the annual salary of a conference organiser in Canada?
What a conference organiser does in Canada
Before you Immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser, you must be able to describe your Profession.
- Under NOC Code 1226 list, conference organisers organise and coordinate conferences, conventions, meetings, seminars, exhibition, trade shows, festivals and other events.
- They are employed by tourism associations, trade and professional associations convention and conference centres, government and by conference and event planning companies or they may be self-employed
Examples of jobs under NOC Code 1226 list.
- conference and meeting planner
- conference coordinator
- conference organizer
- conference planner
- conference services officer
- convention and special events planner
- convention coordinator
- convention planner
- convention planning services officer
- event coordinator
- event planner
- exhibition coordinator
- festival organizer
- meeting coordinator
- meeting planner
- social events coordinator
- special events coordinator
- special events organizer
- special events planner
- special events program planner
- trade show organizer
- trade show planner
Some jobs are excluded in the NOC 1226
Such jobs includes:
- Administrative officers
- Executive assistants
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- Sales and account Representatives
- Wholesale trade(non technical)
Major duties of a conference organiser
Finding a means to work in Canada as a conference organiser, you must know the main duties of the conference organisers in Canada.
These duties are:
- Meet with trade and professional associations and the other groups to promote and discuss conference convention and trade show service.
- Meet with sponsors and the organising committees to plan the scope and the format of events.
- To establish and monitor budget and to review administrative procedures and progress of events.
- Co-ordinates services events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants conference and other facilities, catering, signage, displays, translation special needs requirements, audio- visual equipment, printing and security.
- Organise registration of participants, prepare programs and promotional material and publicize events.
- Plan entertainment and social gatherings for participants.
- Hire, train and supervise support staff required for events.
- Ensure compliance with required laws.
- Negotiate contracts for services, approve supplier invoices, maintain financial records, review final billing submitted to clients for events and prepare reports.
Requirements for immigrating to Canada as a conference organiser
in order to immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser, you must be able to meet some certain requirements, this requirements is divided into two, the specific requirements and the general requirements
These are the requirements peculiar to your Profession as a conference organiser. Therefore, to immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser you must meet this employment requirements:
- A university degree or college diploma in business, tourism or hospitality administration is usually required.
- Several years of experience in hospitality or tourism administration or in public relations are usually required and may substitute for formal education requirements.
- Certification relating to special events, meetings or conference management may be required.
Immigrating to Canada as an employee also demanded some general requirements which every immigrant in Canada must meet up with. The following are the general requirements
On a move to Immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser, you must be able to speak the official languages of Canada which you will prove through different language tests and present the score as a result, therefore language proficiency is one of the requirements to immigrate to Canada.
Age is another factor to be considered while immigrating to Canada. When one is above 18 years he is eligible to Immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser. To immigrate to Canada as a worker you must be up to the legal age. Under a special arrangement by the Canadian government someone under this age can work on a specific condition.
Usually it is demanded in Canada that every immigrant seeking for employment must have some educational qualification such as completing your high school education or having an ordinary level certificate. Therefore, to immigrate to Canada, you must be qualified educationally.
The skills of your partner may also be included or requested to boost your CRS scores which give you a better opportunity of immigrating to Canada as a conference organiser.
Trying to Immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser may require your ability to adapt to the new environment, the weather, and the working conditions in Canada, if you will not cope with these changes, you may not be able to immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser.
When planning to immigrate to Canada, you must have proof for your profession through the experiences you have gathered in your previous working places.
However work experience is usually demanded by many employers to increase their confidence in your expertise.
Pathway programs to immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser
There exists many pathway options to immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser: they include
- Express entry program
- Provincial nominee program
- In-demand occupation
Express entry program
Express entry program is the most common pathway program that is always available for immigrants who wish to immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser. For you to use this program you must open an Express entry profile and also choose the correct option that matches your occupation among the following divisions of Express entry program:
- Federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program
- Canada experience class.
Provincial nominee program
This is the program organised by different provinces in Canada for immigrants who are interested in your province. Therefore you can immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser using a provincial nominee program whereby you will live and work in a particular province. In regard to this, all the provinces in Canada have their own qualifications for all the immigrants coming to their province for employment.
According to the national occupational classification (NOC) in Canada which lists the jobs Available in Canada. You can as well immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser when you check and see your occupation in the list of jobs in demand.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser
There are steps to follow in order to immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser this steps involves:
Step: Open an Express entry profile
Moving to Canada as a conference organiser, all you have to do is open an Express entry profile.
Opening of this account is free if you visit IRCC official website, the only money you will pay is application letter fee
Step 2: choose a program
The second Step in this process is for you to choose a program which will help you to go through an application and immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser. In that case you must endeavour to choose a program that is in line with your occupation.
Step 3: get a job offer
You know that to Immigrate to Canada successfully as a conference organiser, you should get a job offer from a Canadian employer. The employer will approve that no employee in Canada can perform that role or that function you are coming to do, he will also take permission from the labour market impact Assessment (LMIA) to guarantee your immigration to Canada as a conference organiser.
Step 4: get invitation to apply
You will also get a notification to apply, but this happens when you qualify for any program under the Express entry system as you have chosen. There are so many factors that will determine your qualification to apply such as those items in the general requirements like language proficiency, age, work experience, and educational qualification as well as others.
Step 5: submit your application with other supporting documents
The next step in this process it’s for you to submit your documents and your application letter
This application must be submitted within 60 days from the date you got the invitation to apply. To immigrate to Canada as a conference organiser you must ensure that you submit your application letter which will cost you like CAD$150.
Step 6: get your work permit
After every other thing, you have submitted the application, the next thing is for you to apply for a work permit which you may get when you land in Canada in the port of entry. You can do this within 28 days.
If you are not able to collect your work permit immediately at the port of entry, you can book an appointment with the officer in charge who will direct you on what to do next.Immigrate to Canada as a Doctor or Specialist Physician
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
How much is the annual salary of a conference organiser in Canada?
A full-time conference organiser’s annual Salary in Canada is $42,000 to $52,000
In conclusion, immigrating to Canada as a conference organiser or event planner may give you a good opportunity to live and work in Canada and make a better income.
Hopefully, this article will go a long way to guide your steps while trying to achieve your dream.