Of course, great and awesome opportunities await you if you immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager.
Indeed, your success is guaranteed, because your skill is one of the sought-after jobs in Canada to help oversee work activities and ensure that the work process goes smoothly.
However, every occupation on the Canadian National Occupational Code (NOC) list has a code and the code for those looking to migrate to Canada as a courier service manager is 0132.
This article covers a variety of information that makes it possible to achieve a successful immigration to Canada as a courier service manager.
In addition, this article will guide you on immigration pathways, employment requirements as well as the steps to follow to immigrate to any part of Canada as a courier service manager.
Table of Contents
- What does a courier service manager do?
- Requirements for immigrating to Canada as a courier service manager
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager
- Frequently Asked Questions
What does a courier service manager do?
Postal and courier services managers plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the activities and operations in postal facilities and in establishments that provide courier services.
A courier manager is an individual responsible for overseeing the activities of the couriers at a particular agency or in a department of a larger company.
Furthermore, courier services managers hire, supervise, coach, and evaluate couriers.
Managers are responsible for ensuring that all deliveries are made on time, assigning routes or jobs to individual couriers, and operating within the constraints of a budget.
They are employed by Canada Post Corporation and by courier companies.
Job descriptions of a courier service manager
If you intend to seek employment and immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager, it is equally important to know your job duties.
- Courier manager plan, organize, control and evaluate the activities and operations of postal facilities and courier service companies, or of operational divisions within Canada Post and courier service companies.
- Coordinating the duties of supervisors and other staff.
- Managing the accurate and expedient movement of mail and parcels through postal and parcel sorting facilities
- Reviewing effectiveness of assigned operations and implement changes to postal and courier operations
- Preparing and submitting budget estimates and administer the expenditures of postal and courier facilities
- Interviewing, hiring and providing training for staff.
Examples of occupations under NOC 0132
Of course, there are jobs specified for courier service manager under the Canadian NOC code 0132. Therefore, you should get acquainted with these job roles.
- Area manager – postal service
- Collection and delivery operations manager – postal service
- Commercial development manager – postal and courier services
- Courier service manager
- Mail operations manager
- Delivery service manager – postal and courier services
- District post office director
- Field service manager – postal and courier services
- Mail processing plant manager
- Postal area manager
- Messenger service manager
- Parcel processing plant manager
- Plant manager – postal and courier services
- Mail processing plant superintendent
- Postal zone manager
- Plant operations manager – postal service
- Post office manager
- Postal station superintendent
- Plant superintendent – postal and courier services
- Postal zone facilities manager
- Production control manager – postal service
- Regional services manager – postal and courier services
Requirements to work in Canada as a courier service manager
In order for you to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager, you have to fulfill all working requirements.
Without a doubt, these requirements are prerequisites for the success of your application.
- A university degree or college diploma is usually required.
- Several years of supervisory or operational experience within a postal or courier facility are usually required.
Exclusion under NOC 0132 postal and courier services manager
- Postmasters (See 1214 Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations)
Requirements for immigrating to Canada as a courier service manager
However, for you have a stress-free immigration to Canada as a courier service manager, you must be able to meet some certain requirements.
General requirements to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager
Firstly, let us examine the general requirements needed to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager.
If you wish to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager, you must be able to speak the official languages of Canada (English and French).
The following are there language proficiency tests you can take.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL)
- Test d’Evaluation de Français Canada (TEF)
- Test de Connaissance du Français Canada (TCF)
- The Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees (CanTEST)
Definitely, your age has an impact on the CRS scores that will determine your immigration. Therefore, if you are below 18 years of age, you are ineligible to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager.
Usually in Canada, every immigrant seeking for employment must have some educational qualification such as completing your high school education or have an ordinary level certificate.
Note that the minimum educational requirement to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager is a university degree or college diploma.
Your partner’s ability
The work experience, skills, language proficiency and age of your spouse or common law partner can also help you to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager.
This helps to increase your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) point.
Trying to Immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager may require your ability to adapt to the new environment, the weather, and the working conditions in Canada.
However, if you cannot cope with these changes you may not be able to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager.
Undoubtedly, work experience is crucial for your application to be considered to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager.
Therefore, you must have at least one year of work experience as a full-time courier service manager.
When planning to immigrate to Canada, you must have proof for your profession through the experiences you have gathered in your previous working places.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager
Generally speaking, there are different pathways for you to immigrate to Canada as courier service manager.
These pathways are simple but you have to make research on them diligently to know which suits your profile.
Obviously, Express entry is one of the most common pathways courier service manager can use to immigrate to Canada.
Meanwhile, you have to be careful to meet all requirements stated for you to have a successful application.
Also, you have to decide on the program you will use to immigrate to Canada as an courier service manager.
Provincial Nominee Program
Not only is Express entry the common pathway to Immigrate to Canada, but also the provincial nominee program.
However, this particular pathway requires that you decide on a province that you will love to work and live in.
In this situation, it is very important you make research on the different provinces in Canada and apply for the most suitable one.
Due to the increase in demand for courier service manager in Canada, your immigration got easier.
Therefore, all you need to do is to apply to any courier company that is in demand of courier service manager and wait for results.
Indeed, you can apply through one of Canada’s Provincial Nomination Programs (PNPs) to become a permanent resident on the long run.
With this in mind, you can get a nomination for Canada’s permanent residency through any of the following PNPs.
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NL PNP)
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSPNP)
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP)
- Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager
When you already know the steps required to immigrate to Canada, it would be less likely for you to encounter challenges in the way.
Hence, below are stepwise guides on how you can begin processing to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager.
Step1: Open an Express entry profile
The first thing you need to do as a prospective courier service manager is to open an Express entry profile.
Opening of this account is free if you visit IRCC official website, the only money you will pay is application letter fee.
Step 2: choose a program
The second Step in this process is for you to choose a program that will help you to go through an application and immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager.
In that case, you must endeavour to choose a program that is in line with your occupation.
Step 3: Get a job offer
If you want to immigrate to Canada successfully as a courier service manager, you should get a job offer from a Canadian employer.
More so, the employer will approve that no employee in Canada can perform that role or function and take permission from the labour market impact Assessment (LMIA).
Step 4: Get invitation to apply
You will be notified to apply, but this happens when you qualify for any program under the Express entry system as you have chosen.
However, many factors will determine your qualification to apply such as language proficiency, age, work experience, and educational qualification as well as others.
Step 5: Submit your application with other supporting documents
The next step in this process is for you to submit your documents and your application letter. .
Additionally, to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager, you must ensure that you submit your application letter, which will cost you nothing less than CAD$150.
Step 6: Get your work permit
However, the next thing is for you to do is to apply for a work permit when you land in Canada in the port of entry. You can do this within 30 days.
More so, if you are not able to collect your work permit immediately at the port of entry, you can book an appointment with the officer in charge.
Finally, congratulations upon your arrival to Canada.
In conclusion, when planning to immigrate to Canada as a courier service manager, you will try as much as possible to follow this guide. Congratulations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I immigrate to Canada with my family as a courier service manager?
Legally, the rights and privileges enjoyed by you as a visa holder can be transferred to your family.
However, that is why your partner’s skills is necessary to strengthen your application
What is the average salary of a courier service manager in Canada?
The average salary for a courier service manager is $47,607 per year in Canada.