If you want to immigrate to Canada as a Deck Officer Water Transport and you have been contemplating if it can be possible, the answer is yes.
One of the reason so many people Immigrate to Canada as a deck officer water transport is because of the attractive Canadian immigration plan.
Another exciting thing about finding a job in Canada as a deck officer water transport,is that it doesn’t stress much because it is one of the in-demand jobs in Canada.
What it will take you to immigrate to Canada as a deck officer water transport is to know the right steps to take and processes involved in applying for immigration.
There are lots jobs in Canada and each of this jobs has been assigned a code on the Canadian national occupation code NOC List, and the code for those looking to immigrate to Canada as a deck officer water transport is 2273.
In this article, you will learn about all the important steps to take, available jobs for a deck officer water transport, the right path to take when applying for immigration, and also you will learn about the duties and responsibility of a deck officer water transport.
In this article
- What do deck officer water transport do?
- Examples of jobs under deck officer water transport in Canada
- Main duties of deck officers water transport
- Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a deck officer water transport
- General requirements to work in Canada
- Specific requirements to work in Canada as a deck officer water transport
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as deck officer water transport
- 1: Express entry
- 2: Provincial Nominee Program
- 3: Job offer
- 4: In-demand jobs
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a deck officer water transport
- Step 1: Express entry
- Step 2 : Choose aprogram
- Step 3 : Get a job offer by a Canadian employer
- Step 4 : Receive an invitation to apply (ITA)
- Step 5 : Submit your application with supporting documents
- Step 6 : Get your work permit
- Step 7: Congratulations
What do deck officer water transport do?
In Canada deck officer water transport are responsible to operate and command ships or self-propelled vessels to transport passengers and cargo on oceans, coastal and inland waters.
they also supervise and co-ordinate the activities of deck crews. This unit group also includes Canadian Coast Guard deck officers.
Deck officer water transport are employed by marine transportation companies and federal government departments.
Examples of jobs under deck officer water transport in Canada
If you are a deck officer water transport and want to work in Canada, you can get employed under any of this jobs mention below;
- Apprentice master – minor waters
- Captain – water transport
- Coast Guard vessel chief officer
- Coast Guard vessel commanding officer
- Coast Guard vessel first watchkeeping officer
- Coast Guard vessel navigation officer
- Coast Guard vessel second officer
- Coast Guard vessel second watchkeeping officer
- Coast Guard vessel third officer
- Coast Guard vessel third watchkeeping officer
- Coast Guard vessel watchkeeping officer
- Commanding officer – water transport
- Deck officer
- Deck officer – cadet
- Deck officer – water transport
- Dredge captain
- Dredge commanding officer
- Dredge mate
- Ferryboat captain
- Ferryboat first mate
- Ferryboat master
- Ferryboat operator
- First mate – inland waters
- Foreign-going first mate
- Foreign-going second mate
- Harbour pilot
- Home trade first mate
- Home trade master
- Home trade mate
- Home trade second mate
- Hovercraft master
- Inland navigation mate
- Master – inland waters
- Master – minor waters
- Master – water transport
- Master mariner
- Mate – water transport
- Engineer officers, water transport (See 2274 Engineer officers, water transport)
- Fishing masters and officers (See 8261 Fishing masters and officers)
- Shore captains (See 0731 Managers in transportation)
- Water transport deck and engine room crew (See 7532 Water transport deck and engine room crew)
Main duties of deck officers water transport
- Deck officer water transport command and operate ships or other self-propelled vessels such as barges or oil rigs to transport passengers and cargo
- They command and operate coast guard vessels to provide ice-breaking and search and rescue services and to maintain control over ships operating in Canadian waters
- Board vessels at berth or from pilot boats to advise ships’ captains on the course to steer for safe passage into and out of ports seaways or other waterways under pilotage authority
- Deck officer water transport plan and execute safe navigational passage using navigational aids
- Deck officer water transport are responsible to determine geographical position using navigational instruments maps and charts
- Guide vessels in rivers canals and other confined or hazardous waters and waterways
- Maintain vessels’ navigational instruments and equipment
- Direct and oversee the loading and unloading of cargo
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of deck crews
- Record vessel progress crew activities weather and sea conditions in the ship’s log.
Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a deck officer water transport
Before you can work in Canada as a deck officer water transport you must meet up with some general and specific requirements.
General requirements to work in Canada
There are general requirements to move to Canada as a worker. Therefore,if you want to immigrate to Canada as a worker you need to have to meet up with the requirement mention below;
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Arranged employment
- Work experience
- Your partner’s ability
In order to immigrate to Canada as a worker, you must prove that you have a working knowledge of the Canadian language in areas of speaking, writing, reading and listening. Therefore, you must take an exam to prove this. This exam can be either English or French.
Another factor to consider for immigration to Canada as a worker is age. Canada has a minimum age for workers.
Therefore, before you can immigrate to Canada to work, you must have reached that age. The minimum age for workers in Canada is 18 years. However, employers can employ under aged children on special occasions but with the permission of Canadian authority.
In order to work in Canada, you must at least complete your secondary education. That means that if you want to work in Canada, you must have completed your secondary education. However, some jobs demand at least a college or university degree.
#4: Arranged employment
With a valid job offer, that is an arranged employment, you can easily immigrate to Canada as a a worker. However, you must meet certain requirements for the job.
If you cannot adapt to the Canadian weather or working conditions, you may not be able to work in Canada. Therefore, you must provide a medical report showing that you are medically fit to work in Canada.
#6: Work experience
Another deciding factor for immigrating to Canada is your work experience. Therefore, if you have enough work experience, you can use the Canada experience class. However, there are other programs you can use.
#7: Your partner’s skills
The work experience, skills, language proficiency and age of your spouse or common law partner can also help you to immigrate to Canada as a facility operation manager. Therefore, if your spouse has worked in Canada or lived in Canada, you will have more chances.
Specific requirements to work in Canada as a deck officer water transport
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of deck officer cadet program from an approved nautical institute
or one to three years of experience as a member of a deck crew is required.
- A deck officer certificate of competency, issued by Transport Canada, is required.
- For ship pilots, a ship pilot licence and a master certificate of competency are required.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as deck officer water transport
As a deck officer water transport worker that wants to immigrate to Canada,you can use any of this pathways that best suit you;
- Express entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Job offer
- Quebec Experience Class
1: Express entry
There are three programs under express entry in Canada. They include
Therefore, you can use any of them while immigrating to Canada as a deck officer water transport. However, you must choose a program that you meet the eligibility criteria.
This is because you will be judged based on your scores in CRS. Therefore, before you choose a program, try to know everything about the programs, especially the requirements for the program.
2: Provincial Nominee Program
Every province in Canada has a provincial nominee program. This program allows immigrants to live and work in a particular province. Therefore, you can decide to use the PNP to immigrate to Canada as a deck officer water transport.
3: Job offer
This is the easiest pathway to immigrate to Canada as a deck officer water transport. However, before you can do this, you must get a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.
In addition, the employer must get a certificate from the Labour Market Impact Assessment before employing.
4: In-demand jobs
Deck officer water transport falls under the in-demand job. in Canada, you can as well use it as an option to immigrate to Canada.Immigrate to Canada as a Construction Manager
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a deck officer water transport
Step 1: Express entry
In order to successfully emigrate to Canada as a Deck officer water transport, firstly, you need to create an Express entry program. Express Entry is where the work really begins in earnest, it’s the start of your immigration journey and not the end.
You need to create the very best Express Entry profile possible by hitting the required benchmarks laid down by Canadian Immigration which also gives you those all-important Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
Step 2 : Choose aprogram
Secondly, you must choose the best program that suits your profile. Therefore, you must check to know the program that you qualify for. The programs include:
- Canada Experience Class
- Federal skilled trade program
- Federal skilled worker program
- Provincial Nominee programs
- Quebec Experience Class
- Quebec skilled worker program
Step 3 : Get a job offer by a Canadian employer
At this stage, you will now get a job offer from a Canadian employer. With a valid job offer you can immigrate to Canada as a chemist.
This implies that it is important to get a job offer to help your process to be very easy. Therefore, you must meet the necessary requirements to be offered employment.
Step 4 : Receive an invitation to apply (ITA)
If you are among the successful candidates, you will receive an invitation to apply. With this invitation, you can now apply to immigrate to Canada as a deck officer water transport.
Note that only the candidates who secured a high score in CRS receive the invitation to apply.
Step 5 : Submit your application with supporting documents
Once you receive an invitation to apply, you have only 60 days to send your reply to IRCC. If you fail to do so, you will lose your slot.
Therefore, you should start gathering your documents once you begin your immigration process. This way,everything will be ready.
Also, while sending the application, you must send it along with an application fee of CAD $150.
Step 6 : Get your work permit
The next thing is to get your work permit. However, you will only get a reply that your permit has been processed.
This will be done within 28 days, so you can start making preparations to move to Canada. If you do not receive such news, it means that either a document is missing or that some details in your application are not correct. Therefore, make sure to send ever document needed.
Step 7: Congratulations
Finally, you can now arrive in Canada.
With all this information, Immigrating to Canada wont be a problem if you meet up with the requirements and also follow the steps provided in the article.