Immigrate to Canada as an Education Policy Manager
Many people immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager. This is because the massive progress in Canadian education and maintenance of world standard education are the end product of good education policies and police management.
Hence, all levels of government in Canada makes education a top priority and they see to it that good policies are formulated, tested and implemented by competent education policy managers.
Moreover, owing to the fact that the world takes Canada as the home and destination for best and quality education, much investment is made to hire education policy managers from different countries. This gives room for foreigners who are good at this job to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager.
In addition, the effects of good education policy management and other many benefits of education in Canada gives the Canadian government, students both national and international students a place of high honors, prestige and respect in the world employment market.
This is why it is lucrative to work as an education policy manager in Canada hence making many to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager.
However, salient questions as regards what education policy manager do in Canada, necessary requirements and steps to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager are well answered in this article plus other necessary information you need to know as you read through.
What education policy manager do in Canada
Any immigrant who immigrated to Canada as an education policy manager does the work which is – Government managers in education policy development and program administration plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of elementary, secondary and post-secondary education policies and programs.
Moreover, they are employed by all levels of government.
Examples of works under education policy manager
The following jobs fall under the NOC job code 0413, therefore, if you do any of the jobs listed below, then you are an education policy manager. What this means is that you can immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager. They include:
- Adult education services director
- Assistant director of school services
- Director of school services
- Assistant director of school services – public administration
- Computer education director
- Corporate policy manager – education
- Director of education – public administration
- Education curriculum development director
- Post-secondary education director – public administration
- Education director
- Program development and educational planning director – public administration
- Education policy analysis and research director
- Policy and planning director – education programs
- Education policy and research director – public administration
- Programs evaluation assistant director – education
- Education policy development manager
- Post-secondary education director
- Education policy manager
- School board services manager
- Education program administration manager
- Learning programs director – secondary education
- Education programs assistant director
- Program services director – education
- Education programs assistant director – public administration
- Learning programs director – adult education
- Education programs support director – public administration
- Learning programs director – elementary education
- Educational programs support assistant director
- Elementary education director
- Education curriculum development director – public administration
- Elementary school education director
- Government administrator – education
- Heritage languages program director
- Education research and information director
- Inspection services director – education
- Education programs regional director
- Language programs assistant director
- Learning programs director – early-childhood education
Exclusions from education policy manager jobs
The following jobs are excluded from education policy manager jobs in Canada. They include:
- Administrators – post-secondary education and vocational training
- Government managers – health and social policy development and program administration
- Program managers in government
- School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education
- Senior government managers and officials
Main duties of education policy manager in Canada
If you are planning to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager, you will be performing the following duties as your main duty.
- Participate in the development of education policy by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise policy researchers or program officers conducting research, preparing documents or administering educational programs for elementary and secondary school systems
- Plan, administer and control budgets for projects, programs, support services, equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate education projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager
To immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager, you must meet both the general requirements to work in Canada and also the specific requirements to work in Canada as an education policy manager
General requirements to work in Canada
There are certain requirements that you must meet if you want to work in Canada. Therefore, before you can work in Canada, you meet the requirements below:
In order to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager, you must prove that you have a working knowledge of the English language. To show this, you will take an exam for English proficiency test and reach a required Canadian language mark.
There is a certain age you must reach before you can immigrate to work in Canada. If you are not up to 18 years, you may not immigrate to work in Canada.
The general requirement for foreign workers in Canada is a high school certificate. Therefore, in order to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager you must have completed your secondary education.
One of the easiest ways to immigrate to work in Canada is by having an arranged employment with a Canadian employer.
Before you can immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager, you must make sure that you can adapt to both the weather and demands of your job in Canada.
Certain jobs in Canada demand that you must have some kind of experience before you can migrate to Canada for such jobs. Therefore, you must check properly as an education policy manager to know the work experience you need to work in Canada.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager
In order to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager, you must meet the specific requirements below:
- A bachelor’s degree in education is required.
- A master’s degree in a particular educational specialization may be required.
- Several years of combined experience as a school teacher and as a government educational policy researcher, consultant or program officer are usually required.
- A provincial teaching certificate is usually required.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager
There are special immigration pathways or programs provided for education policy managers who want to immigrate to Canada. You can take advantage of these to come into Canada. The pathways include:
- Express entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Job offer
This is the easiest and simplest way to enter Canada as a worker. All you have to do is to open an express entry profile account and choose the correct profile. Under this you have three options to choose from. They are
- Federal skilled trades program
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
Though, to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager, the best option for you is the Federal skilled worker program. With this program, you can get easy access to Canada once you meet the minimum requirements.
Provincial Nominee Program
You can immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager through the provincial nominee program. However, you must decide to live and work in the province that nominates you.
A provincial nominee program is a program organized by Canadian provinces for workers who want to settle in the province. All the provinces in Canada have their own provincial nominee programs.
Certain jobs in Canada are grouped as I -demands jobs by NOC. Therefore, you can have special access to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager under this pathway. You can check to know if your job is in the NOC lists of in-demand jobs. If it is in the list, then, you can apply to enter Canada as an education policy manager as it is an in demand job.
As an education policy manager, you can enter Canada if you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. Therefore, if you are able to find a valid job offer, you can immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager.
However, before you can immigrate to Canada using a job offer, the Canadian employer must prove that no Canadian citizen or permanent residents can fill the position.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager
In order to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager, you will have to follow the steps below:
Step 1 : Open an express entry profile
The first step towards immigrating to Canada as an education policy manager is to open an express entry profile account. To do this you have to visit the IRCC website. Your account opening is free, however, you will have to pay an application fee of C$150
Step 2: Choose a program
When opening your express entry profile, you must have in mind the particular program you want to apply under. There are many options to choose from. The programs include:
- Canada Express entry
- Federal skilled worker program
- Provincial Nominee programs
- Federal skilled trade program
Step 3: Get a job offer from a Canadian employer
The next step to take as you want to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager is to find a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. Your employer will have to get permission from the Labour Market Impact Assessment.
In addition, the employer must prove that no Canadian citizen or permanent resident can fill the gap.
Step 4: Get an invitation to apply
You will get an invitation to apply if you qualify for any program under the express entry system. You will be judged based on the Comprehensive Ranking System. The CRS considers factors including age, language, work experience etc. You must keep your documents and application ready. This is because you have to apply within 60 days of receiving an invitation to apply.
Step 5: Submit your application with supporting documents
Once you have received an invitation to apply, you have only 60 days to submit your application and supporting documents. The supporting documents include a job offer letter, language proficiency test result, identity card, proof of funds which is CA$10,000, and work experience proof.
In addition to that, you must pay an application fee of CAD $150.
Step 6: Get your work permit
It takes about 2 weeks to process your work permit to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager. So, prepare to enter Canada once you receive an email showing that your visa has been approved. You will get your work permit at a Canadian port of entry.
Step 7: Welcome to Canada
Finally, you can enter Canada once your application has been approved. Make sure to collect your work permit at a Canadian port of entry. Without this, you will not be permitted to work in Canada.
However, if your visa is not ready when you arrive in Canada, the officer at the port of entry will give you the date to come and collect it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a job offer to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager?
No, you must not have a job offer to enter Canada as an education policy manager because other offers are available.
What is the average salary of an education policy manager in Canada?
The average education policy manager salary in Canada is $99,215 or an equivalent hourly rate of $48
What is the processing time for a work visa to enter Canada as an education policy manager?
The processing time for a Canadian work visa is within 3 to 6 months.
With good education policy management, students, government and education policy managers benefit. Therefore any plan to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager is a nice plan to achieve.