Indeed, you are at the reliable source if you are on the lookout for how to immigrate to Canada as an electrical products supervisor.
When you eventually immigrate to Canada, you will be able to live permanently and work for any of the Canadian manufacturers of electrical products.
Obviously, electrical products supervisors are in demand in Canada. Permanent residents and Canadian citizens are still yet to fill that job position until today.
For this reason, you can regard this as an opportunity to immigrate to Canada as an electrical products supervisor.
No matter your country of origin, you surely need to take the same steps with other foreigners in order to immigrate to Canada.
Therefore, this article is versatile and it explores a range of resourceful information to facilitate your immigration to any Canadian province or territory.
You will also learn about the best pathways and employment requirements pertaining to electrical products supervisors in Canada, among others.
Table of Contents
- Who are electrical products supervisors?
- Requirements to immigrate to Canada as an electrical products supervisor
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as an electrical products supervisor
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as an electrical products supervisor
- Frequently Asked Questions
Who are electrical products supervisors?
Certainly, electrical products supervisors watch, direct and coordinate the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate, as well as scrutinize electrical components, appliances, motors and industrial equipment.
Moreover, electrical products supervisors work for various manufacturers of electrical products in Canada.
For example, Rexel Canada Electrical Inc., ABB Inc., Intralec Electrical Products Ltd., Canadian Electrical Services, Lockheed Martin Canada Inc., Siemens Canada Limited, amongst others.
Additionally, Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC) code for all electrical products supervisors is 9223.
Job descriptions/duties of electrical products supervisors
Without doubt, a large number of electrical products’ manufacturing firms engage the services of electrical products supervisors in Canada.
Of course, electrical products supervisors perform the following tasks on behalf of their employers, which include manufacturers of electrical products.
- Watching, directing, coordinating and scheduling the activities of workers who set up, fabricate and inspect a variety of electrical apparatus and equipment
For example, electrical appliances, electrical switchgear & control equipment, transformers, generators, electric motors, batteries, etc
- Finding solutions to work problems, as well as recommending work measures to augment productivity
- Establishing methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work processes with other departments
- Making formal request for materials and supplies
- Training staff as regards to job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommending staff actions, which include hirings and promotions
- Preparing production, and all other reports
- Setting up machines and equipment
Examples of jobs under NOC 9223
The following occupations are examples under NOC 9223 for electrical products supervisors.
- dry cell assemblers supervisors
- electrical appliance (assemblers supervisor, assembly foreman/woman, assembly supervisor, as well as electrical appliance manufacturing supervisor)
- electrical transformer assembly foreman/woman
- electric cable manufacturing foreman/woman
- electrical equipment manufacturing (foreman/woman, as well as electrical equipment manufacturing supervisor)
- electrical motor assembly foreman/woman
- electric motor testing foreman/woman
- electrical switchgear assembly foreman/woman
- electric motor and generator assembly foreman/woman
- electrical dry cell assembly foreman/woman
- switchgear assembly foreman/woman
Requirements to work in Canada as an electrical products supervisor
You definitely need to meet some requirements in order to become eligible to work as an electrical products supervisor in Canada upon immigration.
Thus, the following are the employment requirements for electrical products supervisors in Canada.
- Must have completed high school education
- May need to complete a college diploma or university education program in electrical or manufacturing technology or in any other relevant field of study
- Vast years of work experience as an assembler, inspector or lead hand
Exclusions under electrical products supervisors
Below are jobs with exemptions under NOC 9223.
- 7202 – Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- 9222 – Supervisors, electronics manufacturing
- 9524 – Assemblers and inspectors, electrical appliance, apparatus and equipment manufacturing
- 9525 – Assemblers, fabricators and inspectors, industrial electrical motors and transformers
Requirements to immigrate to Canada as an electrical products supervisor
Emphatically, it is very unlikely to immigrate to Canada without meeting all requirements and earning the required Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points to apply through Express Entry.
|Requirements||Maximum CRS points for each requirement|
|Arranged employment or job offer||10|
|· Total points||100|
General requirements for immigration to Canada
Here are the overall requirements for foreigners to immigrate to Canada.
- Age requirement: Must be aged between 18 and 35 years old to earn the maximum points
- Educational requirement: Must have graduated from secondary school, college or university, and should obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report.
- English or French Language proficiency requirements: Must enroll and pass a recognized language test, which include IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo English Test, PTE, TEF Canada, TCF Canada, CELPIP, etc.
- Arranged employment or job offer in Canada: This is indeed an optional requirement to meet if you want to immigrate to Canada.
- Work experience: May need to have a full-time work experience of at least one (1) year
- Adaptability: If your spouse or common-law partner wants to immigrate to Canada at the same time with you, both of you can earn points for adaptability based on some criteria.
- Nomination certificate: If your preferred immigration pathway or route to Canada is via provincial nomination, you certainly need to tender the certificate issued to you by the province or territory.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as an electrical products supervisor
As a prospective electrical products supervisor in Canada, you can immigrate to Canada under any of the two (2) available immigration pathways.
- Express Entry Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).
1. Through Express Entry (FSTP)
Electrical products supervisors are certainly qualified to use one of Canada’s Express Entry programs in order to apply for their permanent residency.
This is because electrical products supervisors are an occupation in demand in Canada.
Hence, you must apply through the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) under Canada’s Express Entry.
Moreover, an Express Entry profile must be created online with the documents listed below.
- A valid passport or traveling document
- Proof of funds
- Written job offer or arranged employment in Canada (optional)
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report
- Valid proof of English or French language proficiency
- Provincial nomination (applicable to PNP applicants)
2. Through any Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Of course, there are eleven (11) nomination programs across Canada’s provinces and territories.
Through these programs, you can work and live as a Canadian permanent resident in Alberta, British Columba, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Northwest Territories, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, as well as in Yukon Territory.
Without doubt, there are none of these Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) in Quebec Province, as well as in Nunavut Territory.
Therefore, below are examples of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) in Canada.
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NL PNP)
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSPNP)
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP)
- Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
However, take note that Canada’s Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) has an obligation that requires you to live and work within the province or territory that nominated you.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as an electrical products supervisor
The following steps are helpful in applying for immigration to Canada as an electrical products supervisor.
STEP 1: Create Express Entry profile
Indeed, the most initial step to take in order to immigrate to Canada as an electrical products supervisor is to possess an Express Entry profile.
Thus, you can create one for yourself by completing the required information on the online form on IRCC/Government of Canada’s website.
Keep in mind that you should only submit your Express Entry profile when you have decided on the pathway to use to immigrate to Canada as an electrical products supervisor.
Of course, you may need to check your eligibility to immigrate to Canada through Express Entry. A Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) calculator can be helpful regarding this aspect.
Your earned points on the CRS must be at least 67 so as to qualify for immigration through Express Entry.
STEP 2: Apply under a pathway
This step requires you to send an application to IRCC, which demonstrates your interest to become a permanent resident and electrical products supervisor in Canada.
Hence, you are required to apply via Express Entry FSTP or through a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) in Canada.
STEP 3: Submit Express Entry profile
At this time, you are expected to keep your Express Entry profile up to date. Once updated, you can submit your Express Entry profile online for evaluation.
STEP 4: Send application for PR
Subsequent to the receipt of an Invitation to Apply (ITA), you can proceed to send your permanent residency application.
Undeniably, you must apply for your permanent residency in less than 60 days.
STEP 5: Book flight and immigrate
If your PR application got approval, you can go on to book, pay for your flight and immigrate to Canada as an electrical products supervisor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is electrical products supervisors NOC code?
What is the average salary of electrical products supervisors in Canada?
Of course, electrical products supervisors earn an average hourly salary ranging from $20 to $35 Canadian Dollars.
Do permanent residents require a Canadian work permit?
No, Canadian permanent residents are not required to get a work permit to practice their occupation anywhere in Canada.
In conclusion, we hope that you have been able to learn all the things giving you concerns on how to immigrate to Canada as an electrical products supervisor. You can always revert here whenever you feel frustrated as regards to Canada’s immigration process. Thanks for reading!