It is quite easier these days to immigrate to Canada as an engineering manager. Canada is blessed with a thriving economy and is also one of the fastest rising economies in the world.
With its focus to bring over one million skilled and unskilled immigrants to the country, you can qualify as an engineering manager under the NOC code 0211.
For that reason, this article is fully focused on how to immigrate to Canada as an engineering manager.
It details the description of the job title, examples of positions you can assume under the NOC code, the possible pathways to immigrate to Canada and the steps to achieve that.
Table of Contents
- Who are Engineering Managers?
- What are the Job Titles and Positions Under Engineering Managers?
- Requirement to Immigrate to Canada as an Engineering Manager
- Pathways to Immigrate to Canada as an Engineering Manager
- Steps to Immigrate to Canada as an Engineering Manager
Who are Engineering Managers?
Engineering managers plan, manage, direct, supervise and assess the activities of an engineering department, service or firm.
They can be employed in both the private and public sectors, heading different units of a firm. They can also work with consulting engineering and scientific research companies.
What are the Major Duties of Engineering Managers?
Engineering managers can carry out some or all of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, manage, direct, control and appraise the activities and functions of the engineering division, service or firm.
- Develop and formulate strategies, guidelines and procedures for the engineering and technical work carried out in the unit, service, laboratory or firm.
- Consult and negotiate with clients to formulate terms, clarify proposals as well present engineering reports and discoveries.
- Assign, coordinate and review the technical work of the department or project team.
- Hire workers and supervise the development and maintenance of workers’ abilities in specific areas.
- May take part in the construction, improvement and inspection of technical projects or the engineering activities of the unit.
What are the Job Titles and Positions Under Engineering Managers?
Under the NOC code of 0211 (engineering manager), you can immigrate to Canada and as any of the following job titles:
- Aerospace engineering service head
- Civil engineering division manager
- Electrical engineering service manager
- Engineering delivery chief
- Engineering department manager
- Engineering manager
- Engineering research and development director
- Engineering service group manager
- Engineering service manager
- Engineering service project manager
- Engineering service quality assurance director
- Engineering service quality assurance manager
- Engineering service quality control department director
- Engineering service quality control manager
- Engineering service quality system manager
- Engineering service safety service director
- Engineering service superintendent
- Industrial engineering department manager
- Mechanical engineering service manager
- Production engineering manager
- Telecommunications engineering service manager
- Traffic engineering service manager – telecommunications
What are the Employment Requirements to Work as an Engineering Manager?
To work as an engineering manager, you must possess relevant skills and be ready to demonstrate your abilities in relevant areas. Moreover, you must show proof of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Work experience in an engineering department, especially in the areas of supervision
- Registration as professional engineering (P. Eng.) by a provincial association of professional engineers.
With relevant experience, you can always transfer to another technical managerial, research or senior management position if you desire it.
Requirement to Immigrate to Canada as an Engineering Manager
There are both general and specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as an engineering manager.
Planning to immigrate to Canada and work as an engineering manager, you must meet the general requirements. These requirements are needed for you to prove your eligibility to live and work in Canada. Here, they are:
You must provide proof of language proficiency test to work in Canada. It is proof that you can listen to, speak, write and read either of the two Canadian languages which are English and French. You will have to take any of the following languages: IELTS, TOEFL, CAEL, TEF, PTE, etc.
You will also have to prove that you are not below 18 or above 35 years to immigrate to Canada. In essence, the acceptable ages for immigration to Canada are between 18 and 35 years.
To immigrate to Canada, you must show proof that you have finished at least secondary education. However, as an engineering manager, you may have to show that you possess the right qualification for the position.
As a result, you will need a report from the ECA (Educational Credentials Assessment) to certify that your credentials are valid and meet the Canadian requirement.
You must be able to prove that you have satisfactory experience for the position you seek. For foreigners looking to immigrate to Canada, you must have at least one year of experience in your field.
The Canadian weather and working conditions are definitely not the same as your home or resident country. Therefore, you must prove that you can adapt to the conditions of the environment. This is usually stated medically.
If you have a job offer before you plan to immigrate to Canada as an engineering manager, it will help you to rank higher on the CRS ranking system. As a result, you will have a good chance of immigrating to Canada.Immigrate to Canada as an Aerospace Engineer
Pathways to Immigrate to Canada as an Engineering Manager
To immigrate to Canada as an engineering manager, you need to decide on the best pathway to follow to achieve success. For that reason, over a hundred pathways exist to immigrate to Canada. However, not all of them are ideal for you.
Here, we have explained the best pathway you can follow and what is in for you as an engineering manager:
There is no better and easier way to immigrate to Canada as an engineering manager other than the Express Entry system.
This pathway has proven over time to be the best because it offers you the opportunity to get selected as long as you meet the conditions involved.
There are basically three programs under the Express Entry system. They are the Canada Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker Program and Federal Skilled Trades Program.
With your qualification and skills, the Federal Skilled Worker Program, undoubtedly, is the best choice for you.
Provincial Nominee Program
Each province in Canada is offered the chance to select its foreign workers by the Canadian government. This is a result of the need for both skilled and skilled workers in the provinces.
Conversely, the provinces have their peculiar conditions to allow only qualified workers to live and work there.
More importantly. If you are fortunate to meet the specific requirements and be selected, you must live and work in the province for two years. so, make sure you select only a suitable province if you choose this pathway.
Quebec Experience Class
This program is specifically designed for those whose dream is to live and work in Quebec. Not to forget, Quebec is a French-speaking province, which indisputably means that you must show proof of French ability.
Many of the jobs in Canada are grouped as in-demand jobs, especially if they have specific NOC codes. As an engineering manager, your occupation is one of the in-demand jobs, meaning that you can apply through this avenue.
This is another interesting route available for you to immigrate to Canada as an engineering manager. If you have a job offer, it can help you to easily move to Canada.
Steps to Immigrate to Canada as an Engineering Manager
Having known the best and possible pathways to immigrate to Canada, it is necessary to know the corresponding steps to follow. Most importantly, you need to get your documents ready before getting to this point as you may not have any time to do it.
Worse still, missing any step means that you may not be able to fulfil your dream of living and working in Canada as you have anticipated. So, the following are the steps involved:
Step 1: Create an online Express Entry account
The first step is for you to complete an online form on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)’s website. Completing the form enables you to create an Express Entry profile.
Step 2: Select a Pathway to Apply
While you have created your Express Entry profile, you must also choose an immigration pathway that best suits your immigration to Canada needs. Any of the pathways mentioned above will suffice.
Step 3: Receive an ITA and Apply for Permanent Residency
Having followed the steps above, you will wait to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residency (PR) to Canada.
You have just 60 days to apply and submit every necessary document. Failure to carry out instructions at this stage may be detrimental to your success.
More importantly, the document you need to present include your proof of funds, police clearance certificate, birth certificate, marriage or divorce certificate, among a host of others.
Step 4: Get Your Work Permit
Finally, the next thing is to move to Canada and get your work permit. Once you enter Canada, you can request your work permit. However, it may not always be ready before you get there. You can let the officer in charge know, after which you will return in two weeks to get it.
It was all planned out for you. We hope you had a nice read. Do not forget to hit the share button and help us reach more audiences.