There are many programs to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative especially if your aim is to settle down in Canada. These programs have some requirements and conditions attached to them.
Therefore, in order to use any of these programs, you must meet these requirements and conditions.
For instance, if you want to use a job offer as your immigration plan, you must first of all, get a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. Apart from that, you must meet the demands of the job in Canada.
Otherwise, you may not be able to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative using a job offer. This also applies other programs.
Because of this, this article will focus on everything you need to know as a financial sales representative who wants to immigrate to Canada.
Table of Contents
- What a financial sales representative does in Canada
- Jobs you can use to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative
- Main duties of a financial sales representative in Canada
- Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative
- Frequently Asked Questions
What a financial sales representative does in Canada
As a financial sales representative, your job in Canada is to sell basic deposit, investment and loan products and services to individuals and businesses.
In addition to that, you can work in banks, credit unions, trust companies and similar financial institutions. Meanwhile, the NOC code for financial sales representative in Canada is 6235
Jobs you can use to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative
Financial sales representatives in Canada do the following jobs. They include:
- banking accounts officer
- commercial banking accounts officer
- consumer credit officer
- consumer loans officer
- credit analyst
- credit investigation officer
- debt counsellor
- credit investigator
- credit officer
- financial sales and service officer
- financial sales and service supervisor
- lending services officer
- financial services officer
- financial services representative
- loan inspector
- loan officer
- lending services trainee
- loans adviser
- loans agent
- merchant services specialist – financial
- loans analyst
- loans counsellor
- mortgage consultant
- mortgage loans consultant
- loans supervisor
- mortgage loans officer
- mortgage officer
- personal banker
- personal banking accounts officer
- student loans officer
- personal banking representative
- personal financial services associate
- senior loans officer
- personal financial services officer
- personal loans officer
- sales associate – personal banking
- sales officer – financial
However, as a financial sales representative, you can still work as a debt counsellor. Therefore, you can immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative if you are a debt counsellor.
Works excluded from a financial sales representative in Canada
The following jobs are excluded from a financial sales representative in Canada..
- Firstly, you cannot work as a banking, insurance and other financial clerks
- Secondly, you cannot work as a credit and loan managers
- Thirdly, you cannot work as a customer services representatives in financial institutions
- Finally, you cannot work as a financial officers
Main duties of a financial sales representative in Canada
In addition to the major duties mentioned above, if you want to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative, you will be performing one or more of the duties below:
- First of all, you can open new personal and non-personal accounts, and provide access to automated banking machine, telephone banking and online banking services
- Secondly, it is your duty to interview applicants for personal, mortgage, student and business loans
- Thirdly, you can promote the sale of deposit, investment, credit and loan products and services
- Then, you can also assist clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as business expansion, debt management, investment and other financial goals
- Additionally, you can research and evaluate loan applicant’s financial status, references, credit and ability to repay the loan
- Complete credit and loan documentation
- Submit credit and loan applications to branch or credit manager with recommendations for approval or rejection; or approve or reject applications within authorized limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected
- Prepare statements on delinquent accounts and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action
- Furthermore, it is your duty to review and update credit and loan files
- Finally as a financial sales representative, you can act as joint custodian for cash and securities.
Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative
Workers who immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative must meet the general as well as the specific requirements to work in Canada as a financial sales representative.
General requirements to work in Canada
The following are the general requirements to work in Canada, therefore in order to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative, you must meet them. They include:
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Arranged employment
- Work experience
- Your partner’s ability
- Proof of financial fund
There are many language tests you can take to show your proficiency in either English or French. Therefore, before you can immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative, you must present a certificate to prove your proficiency in any Canadian language. For English, you can use IELTS, TOEFL , Duolingo or any other approved test.
The minimum age to immigrate to Canada as a worker is 18 years. Also, the maximum age is 35 years. Therefore, as a financial sales representative, you must be between 18 and 35 years to immigrate to Canada to work.
Before you can immigrate to work in Canada, you must have completed your secondary school education. However, for certain jobs, you need more than secondary school. Therefore, you must check to know the academic requirements for the job you want to do in Canada.
#4: Arranged employment
Having a job offer means that you have met all the requirements for your job. So, it gives you extra points in the comprehensive ranking system.
Another factor that plays a big role in your immigration to Canada as a financial sales representative is your ability to adapt to the Canadian weather. Therefore, you must prove this to the IRCC official by providing a medical report showing that you are medically fit to live and work in Canada.
#6: Work experience
If you have any previous work experience, it is necessary that you include them while applying for a work permit in Canada. This is because there is a score for work experience in the comprehensive ranking system. As such, it increases your score in the comprehensive ranking system.
#7: Your partner’s skills
If your partner has any skills, past experience or has lived in Canada before, your chances of immigrating to Canada as a financial sales representative increases. In addition to that, if your partner is within the age of 18 and 35 years, it also adds extra points to your CRS score.
Proof of financial fund
To make sure that you can take care of your living expenses in Canada, you must provide proof of financial funds. This fund must be spendable, therefore, it is money that you have access to. However, you can use stock or properties that you intend to sell as your proof of funds.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada a financial sales representative
The general requirements are not the only requirements to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative. Therefore, you must meet the specific requirements below:
- As a beginning, you must complete secondary school and extensive general banking experience is usually required.
- Secondly, you need a bachelor’s degree or college diploma related to commerce or economics
- Thirdly, there is a need for a mutual funds licence.
- Fourthly, you will register with the securities regulatory authority in the province or territory of employment.
- next, you must complete a loan or credit training program, ranging from six to twelve months.
- Also, there are various training programs and courses offered by the Canadian Securities Institute.
- Finally, for financial services officers who sell regulated financial products and investments, they need to be licensed by the appropriate governing body
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative
You can use the following programs to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative:
- Express entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Quebec Experience Class
The express entry system is the simplest pathway to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative. Therefore, if you qualify for any program in the express entry, it is better to use it. However, you must make sure that you select the best program for yourself.
Meanwhile, there are basically three programs under the express entry system. They include
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program
Provincial Nominee Program
In addition to the express entry system, you can use the PNP. Before you can use the PNP, you must decide to live and work in the province. Also, you must meet the requirements for any program you want to use.
Many jobs in Canada are categorized as in-demand jobs. Therefore, Canadian employers can employ foreign workers who meet the eligibility for such jobs. This in turn helps to fill the vacancies left in the job. As such, you need to check if your job is among the in-demand jobs in Canada.
Quebec Experience Class
Another immigration pathway to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative is the Quebec experience class. This is for workers who want to live and work in the Quebec province of Canada. However, before you can use this pathway, you must meet certain requirements. For instance, you need to provide proof of French language proficiency.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative
The following steps will help you to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative, therefore, make sure that you don’t miss any of them:
Step 1 : Open an express entry account
First of all, you need to create an express entry profile using the IRCC official website. While opening this account, make sure to use the correct details. This is because the details you use in this account will be used when processing your account. Therefore, if there is any mistake, you may end up not getting your work permit.
Step 2: Choose a program
After creating your express entry account, you will need to select a program to apply under. Whatever program you select will determine if you will be successful in your immigration to Canada as a financial sales representative. The programs under the express entry system include:
- Canada Experience Class
- Federal skilled trade program
- Federal skilled worker program
- Provincial Nominee programs
- Quebec Experience Class
- Quebec skilled worker program
Step 3: Find a job in Canada
After selecting the program you want, the next step is to look for a job in Canada. Though this is not a compulsory step, if you want to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative easily, it becomes necessary. Therefore, find a way to get a valid job offer in Canada.
Step 4: Receive an invitation to apply
After selecting the program you wish to use for your immigration, you will then wait for an invitation to apply from the IRCC. You should bear in mind that only candidates with scores above the minimum CRS points will receive this invitation. Therefore, if you do not receive any invitation, it means that you don’t qualify. However, you can wait for the next draw and submit your profile again.
Step 5: Submit your application with supporting documents
Once you receive the invitation to apply, you have only 60 days to send your application. Therefore, you have to get every necessary document ready. If you don’t meet the deadline, then you will wait for another time.
In addition to the application and supporting documents, you will add an extra fee of CAD $150 as an application fee.
Step 6: Get your work permit
You will likely receive a reply from IRCC within 28 days of submitting your application. However, if you don’t send your application fee or have a missing document, then, you won’t receive this reply. Therefore, you must make sure to include everything you need.
Step 7: Welcome to Canada
Finally, welcome to Canada. Canada being one of the best countries in the world to live in and work. It has become a thing of joy to many immigrants, especially workers once they arrive in Canada. Therefore, be happy and enjoy your stay in Canada.
Meanwhile, remember to collect your work permit at the Canadian port of entry. This is the only document that allows you to work in Canada as a financial sales representative.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a job offer to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative?
No, you do not need a job offer to immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative. However, with a valid job offer, you will get extra points in the comprehensive ranking system. Thus, it gives you more chances.
What is the average salary of a financial sales representative in Canada?
As a machining and metal shaping worker, you will earn CAD $37,564. However, you can earn more or less depending on your qualifications. Therefore, try to get enough experience to be on the good side of the salary structure.
What is the processing time for a work visa to enter Canada as a financial sales representative?
Generally, the processing time for a work permit in Canada is between 3 and 6 months. However, it can take longer if some documents are missing from your application.
Finally, you can immigrate to Canada as a financial sales representative by following the steps above.
Also, any of the programs above is good provided you meet the minimum requirements. Therefore, before you select a program, make sure that it is the best program for you.