As a foreign worker, you can immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert if you have the necessary requirements to work in Canada. These requirements are the only conditions that can allow you to be part of the workforce in Canada.
For instance, if you can speak the Canadian language very well, you have a good chance of getting a work permit in Canada.
Secondly, if you have previous experience working in Canada, it also adds to your comprehensive ranking system. Therefore, your chances of immigrating to Canada to work as a forestry expert depends totally on the requirements you meet.
Of course, you should know that apart from the requirements, that there are other conditions you must meet, like qualifying for an immigration program as well as other conditions.
This is why this article will teach you everything on how to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert.
In this article
- What a forestry expert does in Canada
- Examples of works under forestry expert in Canada
- Main duties of a forestry expert in Canada
- Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert
- General requirements to work in Canada
- Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert
- 1: Express entry
- 2: Provincial Nominee Program
- 3: Job offer
- 4: In-demand jobs
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert
- Step 1 : Create an express entry account
- Step 2: Enter a program
- Step 3: Find a job in Canada
- Step 4: Receive an invitation to apply
- Step 5: Submit your application with supporting documents
- Step 6: Get your work permit
- Step 7: Arrive in Canada
- Frequently Asked Questions
What a forestry expert does in Canada
The first thing you should know when immigrating to Canada as a forestry expert is that the NOC code for forestry experts is 2122.
Secondly, as a forestry professional you can conduct research, develop plans and administer. You can as well direct programs related to the management and harvesting of forest resources.
Furthermore, as a forestry expert, you will be employed by the forest industry. In addition, provincial and federal governments as well as consulting companies, educational institutions and other industries may employ you. However, if you wish, you can be self-employed.
Examples of works under forestry expert in Canada
Apart from the things mentioned above, as a forestry expert, the jobs below are among the jobs you can do in Canada. Hence, you can immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert if you do one or more of them. They include:
- appraisal forester
- consulting forester
- Crown lands forester
- district forester
- extension forester
- forest engineer
- forest nursery forester
- registered professional forester (RPF)
- industrial forester
- operations forester
- parks and recreation forester
- private lands forester
- professional forester
- project forester
- regional forest inventory officer
- regional inventory officer – forestry
- research forester
- superintendent – forestry
- unit forester
- urban forester
In addition to these jobs, you can also do the jobs below as a forestry expert in Canada:
- forest engineer
- superintendent – forestry
Examples of jobs excluded from forestry expert in Canada
The following jobs are not included in jobs you can do as a forestry expert in Canada.
- First of all, you cannot be a forest economist
- Secondly, you cannot work as a forestry and woodlands operations manager
- Thirdly, you cannot be a manager of government forestry policy and program administration
- Lastly, your job doesn’t include management of research in forestry
Main duties of a forestry expert in Canada
Forestry experts in Canada perform the following duties. Therefore, you can perform one or more the jobs below:
- Firstly, you can plan and direct forest surveys and related studies and prepare reports and recommendations
- Secondly, to establish short- and long-term plans for management of forest lands and forest resources
- Thirdly, you can plan and direct woodlands harvesting, reforestation, silviculture and fire prevention and fire suppression programs, road building, wildlife management, environmental protection and insect and vegetation control programs
- You can also negotiate terms and conditions of agreements and contracts for forest harvesting, forest management and leasing of forest lands
- In addition, you will also monitor contract compliance and results of forestry activities
- Then, you must ensure adherence to government regulations and company objectives
- Another duty is to plan and conduct public relations programs as well as education and extension programs related to forestry
- Furthermore, you can develop and oversee programs for tree seedling production and woodlands nursery operations
- Conduct advanced research in the areas of tree improvement, nursery seedling production, forest soils, forest ecology, forest mensuration, forest operations and other areas
- Finally, to provide advice and recommendations, as a consultant on forestry issues, to private woodlot owners, municipal, provincial or federal governments or to companies.
Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert
All new workers in Canada must fulfill the requirements needed to work in Canada. There are two different requirements you need to meet which are the general as well as the specific requirements. Therefore, if you want to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert, you must meet these requirements.
General requirements to work in Canada
The general requirements to work in Canada include:
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Arranged employment
- Work experience
- Your partner’s ability
Your language proficiency will help you to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert. Therefore, you must provide proof of proficiency in English. For this test, you can use any recognized English test exam recognized in Canada. Some of them include:
Before you can immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert, you must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years. However, the working age in Canada is between 18 and 65.
Before you can immigrate to Canada as a worker, you must get your academic report from ECA. Without this report, you won’t be accepted to work in Canada.
Also, this report must prove that you have completed at least your secondary education which is the minimum academic requirement to work in Canada.
#4: Arranged employment
With an arranged employment, you can immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert. Therefore, before you begin to process your application, try to know if you can get a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.
You will also need a medical proof to show that you are medically fit to live and work in Canada. In addition to that, you must also be able to adapt to the working conditions in Canada.
#6: Work experience
If you have enough work experience in Canada, it will be of great help for you. This is because it shows that you can easily adapt in Canada. Therefore, it will increase your score in the comprehensive ranking system.
#7: Your partner’s skills
If your partner has special qualities, it can facilitate your I’m migration to Canada as a forestry expert. Therefore, whenever necessary, put your partner’s credentials and qualifications in your application. The qualities may include age, skills, work experience, language proficiency etc.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert
There are other specific requirements you must fulfill before you can immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert. They include:
- First if all, you must attain back bachelor’s degree in forestry or forestry engineering.
- Secondly, you must complete your registration with a regulatory body in all provinces except Prince Edward Island and Manitoba.
- Thirdly, you will need a two-year practicum of supervised work experience and professional examinations required before registration.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert
You can use any of the following programs in your journey to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert.
- Express entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Job offer
1: Express entry
Generally, you must use the express entry. This is where you can register for a program. The express entry in Canada has three programs under it for workers in Canada. Using the express entry involves using the comprehensive ranking system to judge all the candidates and then select the canadidates with the highest scores.
Therefore, you must include all the qualifications and requirements you have. Normally, the express entry pool takes place every two weeks where candidates who qualify are selected and given an invitation to apply. The programs under the express entry system include:
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program.
2: Provincial Nominee Program
This replaces the express entry for the provinces in Canada. Therefore, all the provinces in Canada has their own PNP. Hence, candidates who qualify for them can be nominated by the province. In order to join the PNP, you must use the official website of the province to register. Just like the express entry, it’s draw is every two weeks.
3: Job offer
A job offer is like having an employment already in Canada. Therefore, you can decide to use it for your immigration to Canada as a forestry expert. However, before arranging for employment in Canada, you must Know the requirements for the job. In addition to that, your employer must also have a clearance from the LMIA.
4: In-demand jobs
If your job suffers from scarcity of employees, it will become an in-demand job in Canada. As such, employers will have the authority to employ foreign workers to replace the vacant positions.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert
Using the steps below, you can immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert easily. They include:
Step 1 : Create an express entry account
In order to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert, you must first of all create an express entry profile. This is a compulsory step because, it is the only means to get updates from the IRCC.
Step 2: Enter a program
The second step is to select a program from the available programs. The programs under the express entry include:
- Canada Experience Class
- Federal skilled trade program
- Federal skilled worker program
- Provincial Nominee programs
- Quebec Experience Class
- Quebec skilled worker program
Step 3: Find a job in Canada
The third step is to find a job in Canada. Though this is not compulsory, it is a necessary step to take. However, before you can find a job, you must meet the requirements for the job. In addition to that, your employer must get a clearance from the LMIA.
Step 4: Receive an invitation to apply
The fourth step is to get an invitation to apply. This invitation is for candidates with the highest CRS scores. Therefore, before you get an invitation to apply, you must score very high in the comprehensive ranking system.
Step 5: Submit your application with supporting documents
The fifth step is to submit your application with the supporting documents. Since you will do this within 60 days from the day you receive the invitation to apply, then, make sure that every document is ready. In addition to the application and supporting documents, you must include an application fee of CAD $150.
Step 6: Get your work permit
The sixth step is to get your work permit. However, you will only get a reply from the IRCC that your permit is ready. Therefore, you can begin to prepare for your flight into Canada. However, if any of the supporting documents is missing be or you have not paid your application fee, your application will not be processed. Meanwhile, you will get the application within 28 days of submission.
Step 7: Arrive in Canada
The seventh and final step is to arrive in Canada. When you arrive in Canada make sure to collect your work permit. However, if the permit is not ready when you arrive. Then, fix a date with the immigration officer at the Canadian port of entry non when to come back.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a job offer to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert?
No, a job is not a compulsory requirement to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert.
What is the average salary of a forestry expert in Canada?
As a floor covering installer, the average salary for you in Canada is CAD $48,967 per year.
What is the processing time for a work visa to enter Canada as a forestry expert?
For a Canadian work permit, it takes about 3 to 6 months to process. However, sometimes due to certain conditions like false information, it can take longer time.
What is the NOC code number for forestry experts in Canada?
The NOC code for forestry expert in Canada is 2122.
Finally, it is quite easy to immigrate to Canada as a forestry expert if you know the right steps to follow. Also you have to meet the requirements for the job and immigration program you choose.