To immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist means you have to follow some steps. Without these steps, it becomes very hard for you. Therefore, you must find out the step by step guide to immigrate to Canada.
However, before looking for the right steps to follow, you must make sure that you meet the requirements for forestry technologists in Canada.
Thus, in this article, you won’t only learn about the right steps to move to Canada. In addition to that, you will also learn about the requirements to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist.
Above all, you will also learn about the best immigration programs in Canada for forestry technologists.
In this article
- What a forestry technologist does in Canada
- Examples of works under forestry technologist in Canada
- Main duties of a forestry technologist in Canada
- Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist
- General requirements to work in Canada
- Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist
- 1: Express entry
- 2: Provincial Nominee Program
- 3: Job offer
- 4: In-demand jobs
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist
- Step 1 : Create an express entry account
- Step 2: Enter a program
- Step 3: Find a job in Canada
- Step 4: Receive an invitation to apply
- Step 5: Submit your application with supporting documents
- Step 6: Get your work permit
- Step 7: Arrive in Canada
- Frequently Asked Questions
What a forestry technologist does in Canada
According to NOC, the code for forestry technologists in Canada is 2223. Therefore, any job under this code belongs to Forestry technologists and technicians in Canada.
Generally, Forestry technologists and technicians work independently or perform technical and supervisory functions in support of forestry research, forest management, forest harvesting, forest resource conservation and environmental protection.
In terms of employment, as a forestry technologist, you can be employed by the forest industry sector, provincial and federal governments as well as consulting firms, and other industries and institutions, or they may be self-employed.
Examples of works under forestry technologist in Canada
In addition to the above mentioned functions, forestry technologists in Canada can do the following jobs. They include:
- fire suppression crew foreman/woman – forestry
- fire suppression officer – forestry
- forest engineering technician
- fire crew leader – forestry
- forest engineering technologist
- field office supervisor – forestry
- forest extension technician
- forest fire officer
- chief cruiser
- chief scaler
- forest fire technician
- forest firefighting crew leader
- conservation technician – forestry
- crew leader – forest fire
- forest inventory resource officer
- forest planning technician
- forest protection co-ordinator
- forest regional inventory technician
- cruising technician – forestry
- enforcement officer – forestry
- forest research technologist
- forest resource management technician
- extension forest ranger
- extension ranger – forestry
- forest resource technician
- forest survey technician
- timber scaler
- timber technician
- forest technician
- forestry conservation and preservation technician
- forestry conservation and preservation technologist
- timber marker
- timber rider
- forestry conservation research technologist
- forestry conservation technician
- range conservationist
- forestry conservation research technician
- range manager
- forestry conservation technologist
- forestry crew co-ordinator
- log grader
- log scaler
- forestry extension technician
- forestry technician
- nursery technician – forestry
- protection co-ordinator – forestry
- forestry technician supervisor
- forestry technologist
- scaler – forestry
- scaler technician – logging
- research assistant – forestry
- resource technician – forestry
- scalers supervisor
- scaling co-ordinator – logging
- senior fire control technician
- silviculture technician
- natural resources technician – forestry
- silviculture technologist
- timber cruiser
- forest fire ranger
In addition to the above mentioned jobs , you can still work as a forestry technologist as a range manager. Therefore, you can iuse it immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist.
Examples of jobs excluded from forestry technologist in Canada
Certain jobs are excluded from forestry technologist in Canada. Therefore, you cannot immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist with the jobs. They include:
- Biological technologists and technicians
- Conservation and fishery officers
- Foresters and forest engineers
- Supervisor, logging and forestry.
Main duties of a forestry technologist in Canada
As a Forestry technologist in Canada, you can perform one or more of these duties below:
- You can conduct, supervise and participate in forest inventory cruises, surveys and field measurements following accepted scientific and operational procedures
- It is your duty to assist and perform technical functions in the preparation of forest management and harvest plans using photogrammetric and mapping techniques and computerized information systems
- You can as well assist in planning and supervising construction of access routes and forest roads
- You can also implement, supervise and perform technical functions in silvicultural operations involving site preparation, planting, and tending of tree crops
- In addition, you will be co-ordinating activities such as timber scaling, forest fire suppression, disease or insect control or pre-commercial thinning of forest stands
- You may as well supervise and perform technical functions in forest harvesting operations
- Furthermore, your duty include monitoring activities of logging companies and contractors and enforce regulations such as those concerning environmental protection, resource utilization, fire safety and accident prevention
- Provide forestry education, advice and recommendations to woodlot owners, community organizations and the general public
- Develop and maintain computer databases
- Supervise forest tree nursery operations
- Finally, you can provide technical support to forestry research programs in areas such as tree improvement, seed orchard operations, insect and disease surveys or experimental forestry and forest engineering research.
Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist
As a forestry technologist in Canada, there are requirements to meet. These requirements include both general as well as specific requirements. Therefore, before you can immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist, you must meet those requirements.
General requirements to work in Canada
Basically, the general requirements must be met by every foreign worker in Canada. Therefore, as a forestry technologist, you must the following requirements:
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Arranged employment
- Work experience
- Your partner’s ability
- Proof of funds
There is a certain language requirement for workers in Canada. Therefore, before you can immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist, you must reach that requirement. And in order to prove that you meet these requirements, you must take a language proficiency test from a trusted language center like IELTS, TOEFL and Duolingo.
Before you can immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist, you must be at least between 18 and 35 years. Therefore, as a forestry technologist, if you have not attained this age, you cannot work in Canada.
The minimum education requirements for workers in Canada is secondary education. However, there are certain jobs that require more than just secondary school education. Therefore, before you apply to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist, you must check to know the minimum education requirement for the job.
#4: Arranged employment
An arranged employment in Canada can help you to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist. With an arranged employment, you will have extra points in the comprehensive ranking system. However, before you can get a valid job offer from a Canadian employer, you must make sure that you meet the requirements for the job. In addition to that, your employer will still get a clearance from the LMIA and also prove that you are the only candidate who qualified for the job.
Another requirement to meet before you can work as a forestry technologist in Canada is to provide proof of medical fitness so you can work in Canada effectively. Apart from the weather, you must also be able to adapt to the working conditions of the job as well as the province you wish to work in.
#6: Work experience
Your work experience is also necessary for immigration to Canada as a forestry technologist. Thus, if you have any previous work experience, you can use it for immigration purposes. This experience shows that you have the requirements for the job. This means that you can do the job very well.
#7: Your partner’s skills
Your partner’s skills, experience and qualifications can help you to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist. In addition to these, the age of the partner can also determine your score in the comprehensive ranking system.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist
In addition to the general requirements mentioned above, there are other specific requirements you must fulfill before you can immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist. They include:
- You must have completed a one to three year college program in forestry technology or in a renewable resource program or forest ranger program.
- Also, you must be registered with a regulatory body for forestry technologists or technicians in all provinces except Prince Edward Island and Manitoba.
- You will also need certification or licensing as a scaler is required for some positions.
- Finally, for workers in Quebec, membership in the regulatory body for professional technologists is required to use the title “Professional Technologist.”
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist
You can use any of the following programs in your journey to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist. They include:
- Express entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Job offer
1: Express entry
The express entry system allows you to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist easily using one of the programs under. However, before you can use the system, you must create a profile using the IRCC official website. Meanwhile, each program has specific requirements which must be fulfilled. The programs include:
2: Provincial Nominee Program
For individuals who want to work in a particular province, the best program for them is provincial nominee program. However, you will decide to live in that particular province. In addition to living in the province, you must meet the requirements for working in that province.
3: Job offer
With a valid job offer, you have a good opportunity to immigrate to Canada as a foreign worker. Of course, before you can get a job from a Canadian employer, you must meet the requirements for the job. In addition to that, your employer must be cleared by the LMIA.
4: In-demand jobs
Once a job suffers from scarcity of employees, the Canadian authorities normally place the job among the in-demand jobs. With this, employers in that job can use foreign workers to fill vacant positions. Therefore, if your job is in this category, you can immigrate to Canada very easily.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist
Using the steps below, you can immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist easily. However, before you can use them, you must meet the requirements. They include:
Step 1 : Create an express entry account
The first and most important step is to create an express entry profile. Without this, you cannot immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist. This is because this is the only medium to receive information from the IRCC. However, while opening this account, you must be careful of the information you give since it will be used when processing your application.
Step 2: Enter a program
Once you finish creating your express entry profile, the next step is to select a program. This step is equally important because the program you select will determine your success. Therefore, you must consider many things while selecting a program. For instance, if you do not have enough experience, you cannot use the Canada experience class. The programs in the express entry system include:
- Canada Experience Class
- Federal skilled trade program
- Federal skilled worker program
- Provincial Nominee programs
- Quebec Experience Class
- Quebec skilled worker program
Step 3: Find a job in Canada
The third step is to find a job in Canada. With a valid job offer, you can immigrate to Canada easily. So, if you have the opportunity of finding a job in Canada, it is a good step to take.
However, before you dream of having a job in Canada, you must meet the basic requirements for the job. This means that you have to check very well about the job requirements. In addition to that, your employer must get a clearance from the LMIA showing that he is allowed to employ foreign workers.
Step 4: Receive an invitation to apply
The fourth step is to get an invitation to apply. All candidates with the highest CRS scores will receive an invitation to apply. However, only the best candidates will get this invitation. Therefore, if you do not get this, it means that you didn’t get the required score for immigration to Canada as a forestry technologist.
Step 5: Submit your application with supporting documents
The fifth step is to submit your application with the supporting documents. Since, you have only 60 days to submit your application along with the accompanying documents. Of course, you must include an application fee of CAD $150.
Note that if any of these documents is missing, that your application will not be processed. This also includes the application fee.
Step 6: Get your work permit
The sixth step is to get your work permit. However, you will only get a reply from the IRCC that your permit is ready. Therefore, you can begin to prepare for your flight into Canada. Generally, you will get this reply within 28 days of submitting your application.
Step 7: Arrive in Canada
The seventh and final step is to arrive in Canada. Congratulations. However, once you arrive in Canada, you must remember to collect your work permit. Without a work permit in Canada, you cannot work in Canada. Therefore, this is something that you must take seriously.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a job offer to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist?
No, a job is not a compulsory requirement to immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist. However, if you can get a valid job offer, it will help yo to immigrate to Canada easily.
What is the processing time for a work visa to enter Canada as a forestry technologist?
For a Canadian work permit, it takes about 3 to 6 months to process. However, sometimes due to certain conditions like false information, it can take longer.
What is the NOC code number for forestry technologists in Canada?
The NOC code for forestry experts in Canada is 2223.
In summary, you can immigrate to Canada as a forestry technologist following the steps above.