Immigrate to Canada as a Fuel Heating Mechanic
With a high school diploma or a certificate from a vocational program, you can come to Canada as a Fuel Heating Mechanic.
Furthermore, given how crucial their services are domestically and economically, Fuel Heating Mechanics are in great demand across Canada’s provinces.
In Canada, an entry-level Fuel Heating Mechanic makes $72,900 per year with a maximum of 30 hours of work each week.
Moreover, every immigrant to Canada is eligible to the permanent resident visa likewise the benefits attached. No doubt you won’t be exempted as you immigrate to Canada as a Fuel Heating Mechanic.
In addition, do you know that applying to immigrate to Canada through the provincial nomination or the Express Entry may be the best choice for you?
This article will discuss in detail, what Fuel Heating Mechanics do, other employment opportunities available, what makes them so important, requirements to immigrate to Canada and the available pathway programs.
Who is a Fuel Heating Mechanic in Canada?
In a simple term, Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics install and maintain oil, coal and wood heating systems in residential and commercial buildings.
Additionally, a Fuel Heating Mechanic in Canada work under the National occupation Code NOC code 7331. This is the NOC you will be using to apply for job on or before you immigrate to Canada as a Fuel Heating Mechanic.
Moreover, they are employed by heating systems installation and service companies especially in the provinces of Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan. These provinces are the top paying for Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics in Canada.
Fuel Heating Mechanic job duties/descriptions
Here are the job descriptions of Fuel Heating Mechanics in Canada listed below:
- Read and interpret drawings or specifications to determine work to be performed
- Lay out oil burner heating system components and assemble components using hand and power tools
- Install oil burner components such as thermostats, motors, piping and safety devices, and connect to fuel supply, ventilation and electrical system
- Test installed unit and adjust controls for proper functioning
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning oil burners, and their components and controls
- Install, maintain and repair coal and wood heating systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on oil and solid fuel heating systems
Examples of jobs under NOC 7331
The following jobs/job titles are related to the job of Fuel Heating Mechanics in Canada, they are under the same NOC code.
- coal furnace installer
- coal furnace installer-mechanic
- forced air furnace installer (except gas)
- furnace installer and repairer (except gas)
- furnace maintenance mechanic (except gas)
- furnace mechanic (except gas)
- furnace repairer (except gas)
- furnace repairman/woman (except gas)
- heating mechanic
- heating service mechanic
- heating system mechanic
- heating systems installer
- heating systems servicer
- heating systems technician
- heating technician
- oil and solid fuel heating mechanic
- oil burner apprentice
- oil burner installer
- oil burner installer and repairer
- oil burner maintainer
- oil burner mechanic
- oil burner mechanic apprentice
- oil burner repairer
- oil burner servicer
- oil burner technician
- oil furnace installer
- residential oil burner installer and servicer
- residential oil burner mechanic
- solid fuel heater installer
- wood burner installer
- wood burner maintainer
- wood furnace installer
- wood-burning system installer
Requirements to work in Canada as fuel heating mechanics
The requirements for the job of fuel heating mechanics in Canada provinces are almost the same except on rare cases. The requirements are stated below:
- You must have completed your Secondary school with vocational training courses.
- You have completed a three- to four-year apprenticeship program
Exclusions under the job fuel heating mechanics in Canada
Notably, the job titles listed below are not listed under the NOC code 7331 therefore you can’t immigrate to Canada as fuel heating mechanics having them in mind.
- Gas fitters (See 7253 Gas fitters)
- Supervisors of oil and solid fuel heating mechanics (See 7301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades)
Requirements to Immigrate to Canada as a fuel heating mechanic
It is very important that you are familiar with the general and specific requirements while planning to immigrate to Canada fuel heating mechanics. They are serious booster to the comprehensive ranking system (CRS) scores during verification and assessments.
Indeed, the categories of requirements are peculiar to every immigrant to Canada. They include:
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Language requirements
- Work experience
Fundamentally, age play a significant role while immigrating to Canada as a fuel heating mechanic, if you are below 18 years or above 42 years, it most likely that you won’t be able to immigrate to Canada.
The ideal age is between 18 years to 42 years for prospective immigrant to Canada.
Basically, having your secondary school certificate and added vocational training you will be fully qualified or eligible to immigrate to Canada as a fuel heating mechanic.
Officially, English and French are the languages for both verbal and written communication. It is impossible to immigrate to Canada as a fuel heating mechanic if you can’t speak, read nor write in these official languages.
To prove you are up to the take you will need to provide a language proficiency results from the proficiency tests below:
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Canadian English language proficiency index program
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
Having years of experience from 5 years and above will be a big plus because you will earn higher income with other benefits attached.
However, the opportunity is there to immigrate to Canada as a fuel heating mechanic with your one year experience.
Compulsory, you make available your medical fitness certificate and ensure you body system will be compatible to Canada weather conditions. You can do this by reading about the different seasons and characteristics in comparison to your current location.
Specific requirements to work in Canada as a fuel heating mechanic
Specifically, you are expected to meet the following requirements to be a able to immigrate as a fuel heating mechanic successfully.
- Trade certification from Oil heat system technicians in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick but voluntary in Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Red Seal endorsement, this is obtained after successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a fuel heating mechanic
The three pathway programs has carefully selected from the different pathway programs in Canada. You will immigrate as a fuel heating mechanic successfully through any of them. They are:
Averagely you should be able to immigrate successfully through the federal skilled trader’s program option in six months or less.
Federal skilled traders program is proffered to federal skilled workers program and Canada experience Class considering the nature of the job roles and it requirements.
Furthermore, your Comprehensive Ranking System score must be 1200 points or above before you immigrate with this pathway.
Provincial Nomination Program
Alternatively, you will be able to immigrate to Canada as a fuel heating mechanic with this program.
You will need to express your nomination interest through the Emigrate Canada consult for further action while you wait for your invitation to apply notification.
However, the provincial nominee program is worth over 600 extra CRS points.
Currently, the 10 provinces in Canada offer Provincial Nomination Program (PNP).
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSPNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP)
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NWTNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP)
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
Job offer Program
Having a job offer will make your application much faster; this is the easiest way to immigrate to Canada fuel heating mechanic. This can be achieved if you constantly check for jobs and apply as many as you can before you apply to immigrate to Canada.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a fuel heating mechanic
Certainly, if the steps listed below are adhered to strictly, you will immigrate to Canada as a fuel heating mechanic successfully.
Step 1: Create an Express entry account
Basically, the first thing you need to do is to create an Express Entry profile at the official IRCC website.
This profile will use to verify and asses your details and other relevant documents you upload. Ensure you make yours richer and sequential to boost your CRS points,
Step 2: Choose a program
Canada Express entry, federal skilled worker program, federal skilled trade programs, provincial nominee program, or Quebec experience classes are the common programs for foreigners.
Advisably, federal skilled traders program or provincial Nomination program are the best pathway program so you work towards immigrating through either of them.
Step 3: Find a job in Canada
This step require you personally search for jobs, if you are lucky to find one and your employ get approval from labour organization, you attach the offer letter to fast track your application process.
Step 4: Get an invitation to apply
Meanwhile, an invitation to apply will only be sent to qualified candidates. Therefore, if you are qualified you will be invited to apply for permanent residency of which you must do so within 60 days.
Step 5: Submit supporting documents
After you have been invited to apply, you must provide all supporting documents such as your date of birth certificate, statement of account, medical report, police report etc.
Step 6: Get your work permit
Another step is to get your work permit. However, you will get this only when you arrive in Canada.
Therefore, once you receive the message that your application has been processed, you can begin to prepare to move to Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the salary the same across the provinces and territories for fuel heating mechanic?
No, provinces like Saskatoon, Calgary, Toronto and Montréal pay up to 30% higher than others.
If am immigrating to Canada as a fuel heating mechanic with 10 years how much do I earn as income?
You will earn close to $223,776 annually as your total income.
Can I immigrate with my family as a fuel heating mechanic?
Provided you include your family members as dependents while applying for immigration, they can accompany you to Canada upon a successful application
In conclusion, the requirements to immigrate to Canada as a fuel heating mechanics are easy to meet up. Take a step today to move to Canada for better life.
If you find this article helpful, you can share it to enable those in search for this information to easily access it. You can also drop your comment below.