Absolutely, your journey to immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor is about to suffice in this guide.
Yeah! Foreigners are currently trooping to Canada because Canada is welcoming, providing an avenue for foreigners to comfortably work and establish a career in Canada.
Most especially, workers involved in general services. In essence, you can immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor.
General services supervisors carry out coordination and supervision activities in various establishments both in the private and public sectors. Averagely, you can earn up to $68,875 as a general services supervisor in Canada.
Therefore, in this article, we will talk about who general services supervisors are, what they do in Canada, and the requirements involved to work in Canada. Not only will we talk about the working requirement but also the requirements to immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor.
Who is a general services supervisor?
Without a doubt, general services supervisor is an individual that coordinates and supervises the activities of laundry, ironing, dry cleaning, theatre ushers and attendants, pressing and finishing workers, commissionaires, sport, and recreation club workers, service workers, and security guards. Majorly, they oversee activities carried out in those categories of work.
Oftentimes, you will be employed by various establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
Good news! The general services supervisor has been assigned a NOC code. Hence, you can immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor. So, the NOC code for you to immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor is 6316.
Main duties of a general services supervisor
Undoubtedly, when you immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor you will carry out some specific job responsibilities and tasks. Here are some of the duties you carry out when you gain employment in Canada.
- Firstly, you will assign, review, and coordinate the work of dry cleaning, ironing, pressing, and finishing workers, laundry, sports, and recreation club workers, theatre ushers and attendants, security guards, commissionaires, and some other service workers.
- Secondly, you will establish work procedures and schedules and also coordinate activities with other work departments or units.
- Thirdly, you will have to resolve work-related problems. Likewise, submit and prepare progress and other reports.
- Also, you will train and hire staff in job duties company policies, and safety procedures
- In addition, you will ensure that there is a smooth operation of computer systems equipment and machinery. Likewise, repair work and arrange for maintenance.
- Indeed, you will requisite for supplies and materials
- Monitor production and quality levels
- Lastly, you may perform the same duties as the workers you supervise.
Examples of a general services supervisor Jobs
Verily, under the NOC code 6316, there are various job prospects for you when you immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor. Some of which are
- Apparel-service and furnishings-service workers supervisor
- Athletic club attendant supervisor
- Billiard parlor supervisor
- Bingo games supervisor
- Campground supervisor
- Chief security guard
- Clubhouse attendants supervisor
- Commercial security officers supervisor
- Commissionaire supervisor
- Dry cleaner supervisor
- Production supervisor- Dry cleaning
- Dry cleaning supervisor
- Foreman/woman – laundry and dry cleaning
- Fur cleaning supervisor
- Ice rink supervisor
- Launderers supervisor
- Dry cleaning and laundry foreman/woman
- Laundry and dry-cleaning workers and press operators foreman/woman
- Production supervisor- Laundry
- Laundry supervisor
- Lift operation supervisor
- Movie theatre attendants supervisor
- Park supervisor
- Parking lot supervisor
- Pool parlor supervisor
- Racetrack betting supervisor
- Racetrack clerk supervisor
- Rink supervisor
- Rug cleaning foreman/woman – dry cleaning
- Security guard supervisor
- Supervisor- Ski area
- Ski lift attendant supervisor
- Ski lift supervisor
- Surveillance supervisor – casino
- Theatre attendant supervisor
- Ticket clerk supervisor
Requirements to work in Canada as a general services supervisor
Unfailingly, individuals who want to work and immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor must meet all the working requirements to be a staff in any organization in Canada. These working requirements are important and must be taken seriously by prospective Canadian immigrants who want to be general services supervisors in Canada.
- First and foremost, you must be educated. The minimum educational grade or qualifications you must have to be a Supervisor in general services is secondary school education. However, since there is usually competition with that position, you should have a bachelor’s degree or even a master’s degree to stand more chance
- Definitely, you must possess a language proficiency test result.
- Likewise been a general services supervisor means you will be working with a lot of people. Hence, you must have a good interpersonal communication skill
- Lastly, you must be within the Canadian working age, i.e between 18-44.
The following is the list of job prospects that are excluded from the NOC code 6316.
- Firstly, Cleaning supervisors (See 6315 Cleaning supervisors)
- Secondly, Executive housekeepers (See 6312 Executive housekeepers)
- Thirdly, Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c. (See 0651 Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c.)
- Lastly, Retail sales supervisors (See 6211 Retail sales supervisors)
Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor
In a nutshell, since the requirement to work in Canada has been explained. Then, we will talk about the requirements to immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor. Note that these requirements are general and specific.
General requirements immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor
Importantly, you must ensure that you meet these general requirements to immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor. As this is a prerequisite to getting a maximum result.
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Language requirements
- Work experience
Starting with this, your age will determine if you can immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor or not. Owing to the fact that you can only work in Canada if you are 18 years and above and also not more than 45 years. This is because your role as a supervisor requires that you are of a mature mind and quite energetic.
Ideally, with a secondary school certificate or education, you can immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor. However, having a master’s or bachelor’s degree will enable you to beat your competition.
Obviously, communication is important in any establishment or organization. So, as a supervisor working with people in Canada, you need to meet the Canadian language requirements. Meeting a benchmark in English or French will enable you to have a cordial relationship and communication with other workers.
Also, supervision in general services entails that you have adequate work experience in that particular unit you are supervising. This will enable you to carry out your activities effectively. The minimum work qualification you can have to immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor is one year of full-time experience or part-time work experience that is equivalent to one year
In addition, survival and adaptability are key!. Therefore, you have to tender a medical fitness certificate or results to prove that you can adapt to any weather change or climate condition in Canada.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor
The following are the specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor
- Firstly, you may be required to complete a college course that is related to the area you are supervising.
- Secondly, you may have to tender a license or certification for some occupation in the following groups (supervisors of commissionaires or security guards).
- In conclusion, you may progress to a managerial position if you have additional experience or training.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor
Certainly, there are different pathways to immigrating to Canada. But for this job description, here are the pathways for you to immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor.
- Express entry
- Province nominee program
- Job offer
#1 Express entry
Overtime, Express entry is undoubtedly one of the fastest and most common routes to immigrate to Canada as a general service supervisor. However, you have to create your Express entry profile using any program from the following: Canada experience class, federal skilled worker program, and federal skilled trades program
#2 Province nominee Program
With the province nominee program, you can immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor in any province of your choice. However, you will have to apply for the province nominee program in the province you choose to work and live in. If you got elected by that province, you are lucky to be successful
#3 Job offer
Likewise, when you get a job offer in any supervising company, you can use this pathway to Immigrate to Canada. This is also a common pathway to which people immigrate to Canada as a supervisor
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor
Follow the step-by-step guide to apply for immigration, ensure not to miss a step!
Firstly, Create an Express entry account through the official IRCC website. Note that you have to input valid information
Thirdly, you will get an invitation to apply for permanent residence if your application is successful. Therefore, apply on time. You have 60 days to respond to your invitation
Fourthly, submit all application documents. Get ready to pay a sum of CAD 150 application fees.
Frequently asked questions
Which province in Canada is best for their services supervision occupation?
Saskatoon, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal, Vancouver, Victoria, Lethbridge, and Edmonton are best for general services supervision
You may be the next lucky one to own a job in Canada because there’s a high demand of supervisors to immigrate to Canada as a general services supervisor.