Immigrate to Canada as a Hotel Manager – Full Guide
Hotel Managers are in demand right across Canada, and you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa either with or without a job offer. If you are a Hotel Manager and have been working as a Hotel Manager, you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a hotel manager.
As a qualified new and highly skilled Permanent resident of Canada, you may work full-time from day one. Hotel Manager Jobs in Canada are often better paid than in the UK, Europe, and Asia, and Canadian employment law respects the work-life balance.
Before you can migrate to Canada to work, you must know the available job offers, provinces that will favor you, and steps to apply for immigration as a hotel manager. Canada has a special program for Hotel managers who want to live and work in Canada.
Therefore, in this article, we will discuss the industry’s various jobs, duties, and functions. In addition, you will also learn how to immigrate to Canada as a Hotel manager worker and the steps to immigrate to Canada and work as a Hotel manager worker.
Migrate to Canada as a Hotel Manager
Every occupation on the Canada NOC List is assigned an immigration code for those looking to emigrate to Canada as a Hotel Manager is 0632. This is also known as the NOC Code for Accommodation Service Managers.
You will undoubtedly have read online that having a job offer to move to Canada is a prerequisite to accessing the Express Entry process. Still, as a Hotel Manager, you also have other options to secure your Canada Visa from the start.
For starters, Hotel Managers are eligible to apply for Canada Immigration under the Canadian Government’s Immigration program. Due to the great demand for Hotel Managers in Canada, they have included the occupation on the targeted occupations list, known as the NOC list (National Occupation Code In-Demand List).
Immigrate to Canada as a Cabinet Maker
What Do Hotel Managers In Canada Do?
A hotel manager has a range of supervisory and oversight duties at a hotel. They help hire, train, and manage staff at the facility and maintain standards for the hotel, including maintenance and repairs as necessary.
They will also likely spend time ensuring that bookkeeping is maintained correctly, including processing payments and keeping room invoices up-to-date.
These managers ensure that new employees receive the necessary training for their jobs and provide ongoing instruction and reviews to existing employees.
They are also typically required to achieve monthly or quarterly budgeting goals for hotel operations, including labor costs; properly scheduling and staffing is one of the manager’s most important roles.
Because there are so many functions assigned to a typical hotel manager, many upscale facilities prefer candidates who have both practical experiences as an employee and education dedicated to hospitality management.
Most hotel managers work mornings, days, or evenings, but some hotels also require overnight managers. These managers typically work in an office near the hotel or desk and reception area.
Read also: Immigrate to Canada as a mine laborer.
Primary duties of Hotels Managers in Canada
Hotels managers in Canada perform all the following duties,
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures for the operation of the department or establishment.
- Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses.
- Participate in the development of pricing and promotional strategies.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies.
- Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities for conventions, banquets, receptions, and other functions
- Recruit and supervise staff, oversee training, and set work schedules.
- Resolve customer complaints.
Examples of jobs under aquaculture and marine worker
The following jobs fall under the NOC job code 0632. Therefore, Hotel Managers looking to move to Canada to work under this NOC category 0632 might be employed under work titles including:
- accommodation services manager
- accommodations manager
- bed and breakfast manager
- bed and breakfast operator
- boarding housekeeper
- boarding house manager
- camp manager
- campground manager
- campground operator
- canoe camp operator
- country inn operator
- fishing camp operator
- front desk hotel manager
- front desk manager – accommodation services
- guest services manager
- guest-house operator
- hostel manager
- The hotel assistant manager
- hotel director
- hotel front desk manager
- Front office Hotel manager
- hotel manager
- hotel operator
- hunting and fishing lodge manager
- hunting camp operator
- inn manager
- inn operator
- lodging house manager
- motel manager
- nursing home manager
- recreational campground manager
- reservations manager
- resort campground manager
- resort manager
- retirement home manager
- rooming housekeeper
- rooms division director
- rooms manager – accommodation services
- seasonal resort manager
- ski resort manager
- student residence manager
- tourist home operator
- university residence manager
- youth hostel manager
How to Immigrate to Canada as a Hotel Manager
- The first stage in your Canadian immigration process is calculating your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry using the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System. CRS Points are awarded for Age, Qualifications, English ability, French ability, Your partner’s skills, Work experience
- As well as providing you with important CRS points, Hotel Managers also count towards your overall Immigration Points score, which must equal or exceed a total of 67
- Secondly, take our free online visa assessment for an up-to-date report on whether you have enough points to immigrate to Canada as a Hotel Manager from both an Express Entry and Immigration points perspective.
- Once you receive an ITA (Invitation to apply) from Canadian Immigration as a result of your Express Entry application, you will only have 60 days to lodge a formal application. So, under no circumstances should you lodge an Express Entry application ‘claiming’ to have specific points without having all of your points verified through additional testing, education equivalence certificates, and skilled worker assessments.
- Once you are invited to apply for your Canada Visa, you cannot go back and have these things verified retrospectively. They must be done before you claim any points for them, and given that your express entry profile is only valid for one year, it makes sense to present the best possible case right from the start.
Qualifications required to Immigrate to Canada as a Hotel Manager
To be qualified as a hotel manager in Canada, you need to meet the requirement:
- A university degree or college diploma in hotel management or other related discipline is usually required for managers employed by hotel chains or large accommodation establishments.
- Several years of experience within the accommodation industry are usually required and may substitute for formal educational requirements.
- To immigrate to Canada as a Hotel manager, you must prove that you have a working knowledge of the English language. You will take an exam and reach a required Canadian language benchmark to show this.
Immigrate to Canada as a barber
Ways to immigrate to Canada as a Hotel manager
- Express entry
This is the easiest and simplest way to enter Canada as a worker. All you have to do is open an express entry profile and choose the correct one. Under this, you have three options to choose from. They are
- Canada experience class
- A federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program.
To immigrate to Canada as a Hotel manager, the best option for you is the Federal skilled worker program. This program allows you to access Canada once you meet the minimum requirements easily.
Provincial Nominee ProgramYou can immigrate to Canada as a Hotel manager through the provincial nominee program. First, however, you must decide to live and work in the province.
A provincial nominee program is organized by Canadian provinces for workers who want to settle in the province. All the provinces in Canada have their provincial nominee programs.
- In-Demand occupations
Certain jobs in Canada are grouped as in-demands jobs by NOC. Therefore, you can have special access to immigrate to Canada as a Hotel manager under this pathway. First, you can check if your job is in the NOC lists of in-demand jobs. If it is on the list, you can apply to immigrate to Canada as a Hotel manager.
- Job offer
As a Hotel manager, you can enter Canada if you have a job offer from a Canadian employer. Therefore, if you can find a valid job offer, you can immigrate to Canada as a hotel manager.
However, before you can immigrate to Canada using a job offer, the Canadian employer must prove that no Canadian citizen or permanent resident can fill the position.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I immigrate to Canada as a Hotel Manager without a job offer?
The answer is a resounding yes, providing you have an excellent total CRS score on your Express Entry application and can meet the 67 immigration point threshold for your Canada Federal Skilled Worker Visa.
Technically, no minimum CRS score is required to submit a Hotel Manager Canada Express Entry profile.
Of course, securing a job offer (documented in the right way for immigration purposes, i.e., LMT) will give you an instant CRS boost of 200 points, so it makes sense to start this process as soon as possible.
What is the average salary of a Hotel worker in Canada?
The average salary for a Hotel Manager is CAD 53,450
Finally, once you meet the requirements, you can immigrate to Canada as a Hotel manager.
If you want to immigrate to Canada from South Africa, you should read this.