Are you planning to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer? if yes, then you are in luck.
The manufacturing industry is one if the most important sector in the Canadian economy, there are lots of employment opportunities for foreign workers in the manufacturing industry, especially for Industrial Engineers who are qualified.
Furthermore, one of the best and easiest way to immigrate to Canada is by applying for available jobs that are in high-demand, and Industrial Engineers are one of the in-demand occupations in Canada.
However, Industrial Engineers have been included in the National Occupational Classification list due to the in demand of jobs, and the code for Industrial engineers is 2141.
In this article, we will cover in detail all you need to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer and the employment requirement needed.
In addition, you will learn the possible pathways and steps you need to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer and also the main duties and the examples of jobs title available for you as an Industrial Engineer.
In this article
- What does an Industrial Engineer do in Canada
- Duties and responsibility of an Industrial Engineer
- Examples of jobs under NOC 2141
- Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer
- General requirements to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer
- Express Entry
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Quebec Experience Class
- In-demand jobs
- Job offer
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer
- STEP 1: Create Express Entry profile online
- STEP 2: Select a pathway and apply
- STEP 3: Receive ITA and apply for permanent residency
- STEP 4: Move to Canada
- Frequently Asked Questions
What does an Industrial Engineer do in Canada
Generally, Industrial Engineers work independently or provide technical support and services in the development of production methods, facilities and systems.
Also, they plan, estimate, measure and schedule work. They are employed by manufacturing and insurance companies, government departments, and establishments in other industries.
Duties and responsibility of an Industrial Engineer
Industrial Engineer performs some or all the following duties.
- Develop and conduct production, inventory and quality assurance programs in manufacturing or in other industries
- Design plant layouts and production facilities
- Conduct and carry out work study and related programs
- Carry out industrial health, safety and fire prevention plans and programs and conduct safety training programs
- Develop applications using CAD/CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) for the control of robots, computer numerical control (CNC) machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
- Conduct work measurement or other studies
- Develop manufacturing and processing procedures and variables, set machine or equipment controls, oversee production and inspect processes.
Examples of jobs under NOC 2141
The following are your job prospects when you immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer.
- computer integrated manufacturing (CIM) engineer
- consulting industrial engineer
- cost engineer
- efficiency engineer
- fire prevention engineer
- industrial engineer
- industrial safety engineer
- manufacturing engineer
- methods engineer
- plant engineer
- production engineer
- QA (quality assurance) engineer
- quality assurance (QA) engineer
- quality control engineer
- industrial efficiency engineer
- safety engineer
- systems engineer – manufacturing
- time-study engineer
- work measurement engineer
- computer integrated manufacturing (CIM) engineer
- Machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades (See 723 Machining, metal forming, shaping and erecting trades)
- Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade (See 6221 Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade)
- Textile technologists/technicians working in support of chemical dyeing and finishing and quality control technologists/technicians in food or chemical industries or laboratories (See 2211 Chemical technologists and technicians)
Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer
The following are the requirements you need to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer.
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program or equivalent in industrial engineering technology, pulp and paper technology, plastics technology, textile technology, manufacturing technology or a related discipline is usually required for industrial engineering or manufacturing technologists.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college program in industrial engineering technology or in a related discipline is usually required for industrial engineering or manufacturing technicians.
- Certification in industrial engineering or manufacturing technology or in a related field is available through provincial or territorial associations of engineering/applied science technologists and technicians and may be required for some positions.
- A period of supervised work experience, usually two years, is required before certification.
- A college diploma in manufacturing technology and/or trade certification and experience in machining and tooling or metalworking is required for CAD-CAM/CNC programmers.
- In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body is required to use the title “Professional Technologist.”
- There is mobility to related fields such as technical sales.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.
General requirements to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer
As a foreigner that wants to immigrate to Canada and work, there are general requirements you need to meet aside the specific requirements mention above. these general requirements are;
To work in Canada, you must provide a language proficiency test. For sure, it is proof that you can speak, listen, read and write either or both of the Canadian official languages which are English or French. Moreover, the two major acceptable languages are IELTS and TOEFL.
Additionally, for you to immigrate to Canada as a worker, you must be between 18 and 35 years.
precisely, the first educational requirement is your proof of secondary education. You also need a report from ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) to certify that your credentials are valid and meet the standards of those of Canada.
#4. Arranged employment
Decisively, with an arranged employment, you will score better points in the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System). And so, what this means is that if you have the opportunity of getting a job offer from a Canadian employer, you have a good chance of immigrating to Canada.
It is important to note that you must show proof that you can adapt to the Canadian weather and this must be medically ascertained.
#6. Work experience
At least one year of previous work experience will enable you to immigrate to Canada and work with no stress at all.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer
Interestingly, there are several pathways to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial engineer. This pathways are;
Basically, this is the easiest way to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial engineer. In addition, it offers different programs for you to make a healthy choice. The programs are:
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program
Therefore, you can make your choice based on your experience and qualifications.
Provincial Nominee Program
Each province in Canada has a provincial program to enable foreign workers to immigrate to the province. Similarly, each province has its own specific conditions that you must meet. You must also have in mind that you will live and work in the province for a few years before you can decide to live elsewhere.
Quebec Experience Class
This is specifically for those who wish to live in just Quebec. However, because Quebec is a French-speaking province, you must provide your proficiency in the French language.
Many of the jobs in Canada are classified as in-demand jobs. Interestingly, it means that there are eligible to get a job in Canada as a senior manager in financial services. As a result of this in demand jobs, employers are seeking foreign workers to fill the vacant positions.
This is the fastest means for you to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer. If you have a job offer, therefore, you can use it as a pathway to easily move to Canada. Consequently, your employer must prove that you are equal to the task.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer
STEP 1: Create Express Entry profile online
You need to complete an online form on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)’s website.
Undoubtedly, filling out this online form makes it possible for you to create an Express Entry profile.
STEP 2: Select a pathway and apply
In addition, you must choose an immigration pathway between Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).
Regardless of your immigration pathway, it is vital for you to update and submit your Express Entry profile on time.
If Provincial Nominee Program is your chosen pathway, you need to request for nomination from your preferred province or territory in Canada and update its information on your Express Entry profile upon acceptance.
STEP 3: Receive ITA and apply for permanent residency
Subsequent to submitting your Express Entry profile, you need to wait until you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residency (PR) to Canada.
Therefore, you must apply for your PR within 60 days of recovering the invitation.
Besides, your permanent residency application must contain certain documents.
These include medical exams report, proof of fund(s), police clearance certificate, birth certificate, marriage certificate/divorce certificate, among others.
STEP 4: Move to Canada
Once you followed all this steps mention, then you are free to immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Utility Companies.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the NOC code for Industrial Engineers in Canada?
Due to demand for industrial engineers in Canada, they have been included in the Canadian NOC list. The NOC code for Industrial engineers in Canada is 2141.
Can i immigrate to Canada as an Industrial Engineer?
The answer is a yes, providing you have a reasonable total CRS score on your Express Entry application and can meet the 67 immigration point threshold for your Canada Federal Skilled Trades Visa.
Immigrating to Canada as an Industrial Engineer, you stand a chance of enjoying a good standard of living and the opportunity of becoming a permanent citizen of Canada.