Good news, if you wish to Immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner, you can start making preparations. There are demands in Canada right now!
Interestingly, there are about 6,000 insurance companies in Canada, and almost all families and individuals in Canada have insurance from one property to the other. This insurance ranges from health insurance, to car insurance, to life insurance, to work insurance, etc.
Therefore, there is a need for insurance workers to immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner to review claims and see whether the insurance costs stated are reasonable. Afterwards, they authorize appropriate payments, review claims to an investigation, or deny claims.
In this article, you will be enlightened on who insurance claims examiners are, what they do, and how to immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner.
Table of Contents
- Who is an insurance claim examiner?
- Requirements to work in Canada as an insurance claims examiner
- Requirements to immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as an Insurance claims examiner
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as an Insurance claims examiner
- Frequently Asked Questions
Who is an insurance claim examiner?
First and foremost, an insurance claim examiner or adjuster is an individual who investigates insurance claims, to determine the number of damages or losses covered by insurance policies.
Oftentimes, they are employed as an independent adjuster or in the claims department of insurance companies. Likewise, they can be employed at branches or head offices of insurance companies.
Certainly, claim examiners review claims after submission to ensure that the adjusters and claimants followed proper guidelines.
Importantly, an examiner who works for insurance companies in the health niché reviews health-related claims to see whether the diagnosis is reasonable with the cost. Once they review the claim, they can either authorize or deny it or refer the claim to an investigator.
Likewise, claim examiners who work for life insurance companies will review the cause of death, then pay attention to accidents particularly. This is because some life insurance companies pay an additional benefit for death that is accidental. Therefore, you will examine applications for life insurance policies to ensure that applicants have no serious illness that will put them at a high risk to insure.
Insurance claims examiner has been assigned a NOC code, hence examiners can immigrate to Canada using the code 1312.Immigrate to Canada as an Air Pilot Flight Engineer
Main duties of an insurance claims examiner
Oh yes! Since you can immigrate to Canada as an Insurance claims examiner, you should get acquainted with the duties and responsibilities you will carry out when you immigrate.
Therefore, we will be discussing the responsibilities of an insurance claim examiner below.
i. Insurance adjusters
- Investigate circumstances that surround insurance claims to validate claims
- Inspect home, automobile, or other property damage
- Also, take statements and consult with claimants, doctors, accident witnesses, and other relevant individuals to examine reports or records.
- Determine the number of damages or losses that are covered by insurance policies.
- Negotiate claims settlements.
- Prepare an adjustment report
ii. Insurance claims examiners
- Calculate, examine, authorize, and review Insurance claims investigated by insurance adjusters.
- Not only do they examine adjusters’ reports but also similar Insurance claims or precedents to determine the extent of insurance coverage.
- Consult doctors, lawyers, or other individuals to discuss Insurance claims.
- Likewise, approve life, automobile, disability, fire, dental, or other insurance claims.
Examples of job prospect of an insurance claims examiner
Without a doubt, there are many job prospects for insurance claims examiner in Canada. So, we will be listing the different job prospects that you will be exposed to when you Immigrate to Canada as an Insurance claims examiner
- Insurance- Adjuster
- Adjuster trainee – insurance
- Automobile claims technical adjuster
- Casualty insurance adjuster
- Claims adjuster – insurance
- Approver – claims insurance
- Consultant- Claims
- Examiner- Claims
- Claims examiner – insurance
- Investigator- Claims
- Claims investigator – insurance
- Representative- Claims
- Representative – claims insurance
- Disability claims examiner – insurance
- Disaster relief claims adjuster – insurance
- Field adjuster – insurance
- Fire insurance adjuster
- Freight adjuster – insurance
- Group life claims examiner – insurance
- Health and dental claims examiner – insurance
- Insurance adjuster
- Insurance inspector
- Liability adjuster – insurance
- Loss examiner – insurance
- Marine claims adjuster – insurance
- Marine insurance adjuster
- Medical claims assessor – insurance
- Motor vehicle claims adjuster – insurance
- Production examiner
- Property adjuster – insurance
- Public adjuster – insurance
- Railroad claims adjuster – insurance
- Settlement management associate
- Settlement specialist
- Staff adjuster – insurance
- Telephone adjuster – insurance
- Trainee adjuster – insurance
Requirements to work in Canada as an insurance claims examiner
You have to meet the working requirement to work in Canada as an insurance claims examiner. They are as follows
- You must have completed secondary education. However, a bachelor’s degree in Secondary Education or college diploma is very important to give you a chance ahead of others.
- You must have several years of experience working as a clerk in the claims department. Otherwise, other general insurance experience.
- Production examiner are included
- Definitely, supervisors, finance and insurance office (See NOC code 1212 Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers)
Requirements to immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner
Assuredly, for you to Immigrate to Canada as an Insurance claims examiner, you must meet the general and specific needs for immigration. These requirements are important as they will determine if you will be able to continue your career in Canada or not.
General requirements to immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner
We will start with the general requirements to immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner. They are language requirements, education requirements, work experience, and age requirements.
You have to be between the youthful age of at least 18 and an adult of not more than 45. However, there is a high chance for you to immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner if you’re between 20-29.
It is no longer news that the official language of Canada is French and English. Hence, you must be able to communicate in both or either language. Since you will be dealing with Canadians.
You must have quality years of work experience to immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner. Oftentimes, you will be required to tender experience proof working as a clerk in the claims department, or other general insurance experience.
The least education requirement you must have to immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner is secondary Education. Although, it is important to have a bachelor’s degree or college diploma.
Specific requirements immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner
Haven satisfied the requirements to immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner, we will now discuss the specific requirements for your immigration. They are;
- Years of on-the-job training. Likewise, the completion of insurance industry courses and training programs.
- Independent adjusters need a provincial license issued by the Superintendent of Insurance in the territory or province of employment.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as an Insurance claims examiner
Generally, there are several pathways for you to immigrate to Canada. But for insurance claims examiner there are three specific ways. The following are the pathways to immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner
- Express Entry
- Job Offer
- Province nominee program
#1 Express Entry
Undoubtedly, Express entry is one of the fastest and direct pathways to immigrate to Canada as an Insurance claims examiner.
Certainly, there is a 1,200 CRS score you have to deal with. So, try to have a score that will qualify you to immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner. However, an invitation to apply will be sent to you if you are part of the selected top candidates with the highest CRS point
#2 Job offer
Assuredly, you can immigrate to Canada as an Insurance claims examiner based on a job offer. So, you can provide proof of an employment letter so that your CRS score will be increased. However, getting a job offer is an indication that you are top-notch.
#3 Province nominee program
Also, when you are nominated by a province in Canada you can then immigrate to Work in that Province. However, you will have to apply for a nomination in that province, and if you’re lucky to be selected your immigration process is becoming easier.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as an Insurance claims examiner
The following are the steps to follow to immigrate Canada as an insurance claims examiner
Step 1: Create an Express Entry profile
Firstly, note that creating an Express Entry profile is the beginning of your immigration process. Therefore, you must create an account with Express entry using any of the program listed above
Step 2: Select a program for your application
Secondly, you should decide on the program you want to apply to. You can either choose a Canadian experience class, federal skilled worker program, provincial nominee, or federal skilled trades program.
Step 3: Secure an insurance job in Canada
As it has been stated earlier that you can immigrate to Canada as an insurance claims examiner with a job offer, Therefore, you can send applications to different insurance companies in Canada to secure a job.
Step 4: Invitation to apply
Then, you will only be invited to apply if your application is a success. However, ensure that your documents are ready by this time of application.
Step 5: Submit documents
Note that, you have approximately 2 months to apply for permanent residency after your invitation. Ensure to apply before the deadline. You must also pay an application fee of $150.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the provinces that are in high demand of insurance claims examiners?
Certainly, the following geographical provinces are in positive demand of insurance claims examiners: Saskatoon, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal, Vancouver, Victoria, Lethbridge, and Edmonton.
In summary, your dreams to move to a better place to establish your career do not have to be stressful. The Canadian government has made everything less easy for foreign individuals. However, you must do your part by meeting all requirements.