In order to build child self-confidence and acquire problem-solving skills through the systematic support of the kindergarten teacher have made Canada give room for people to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher.
On the other hand, education at all levels has been one of the central focuses of the Canadian government. In trying to make a world difference educationally, children at preschool level are not left out, hence the need for kindergarten teachers in Canada.
Moreover, a good number of the Canadian population are working class people who need kindergarten teachers to take care of their children while learning psychomotor skills.
Therefore, this high rate of need that is placed for kindergarten teachers in Canada have made this occupation fall under in-demand jobs in Canada. Hence making many to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher.
Despite the fact that many people want to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher, not all of them know how to go about making their aim come through.
With this regard, this article is organized to help you out and properly handle your questions and confusion. Therefore, as you read through this article, you will know the necessary steps to follow and requirements you will need to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher.
Table of Contents
- What does a kindergarten teacher do in Canada?
- Examples of kindergarten teacher works under NOC 4032
- Main duties of a kindergarten teacher in Canada
- Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher
- Frequently Asked Questions
What does a kindergarten teacher do in Canada?
The job for which people immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher is this: Kindergarten teachers teach basic subjects such as reading, writing and arithmetic or specialized subjects such as English or French as a second language at public and private elementary schools.
Examples of kindergarten teacher works under NOC 4032
All occupations in Canada are in NOC code, so the kindergarten teacher works are in NOC 4032.
Therefore, people immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher to be any of the below as a kindergarten teacher in Canada.
- Aboriginal school teacher – elementary school
- Art teacher – elementary school
- Cooking teacher – elementary school
- Correspondence teacher – elementary school
- Elementary school teacher
- Crafts teacher – elementary school
- Early childhood services teacher – elementary school
- Elementary school substitute teacher
- English as a second language elementary school teacher
- French as a second language elementary school teacher
- English as a second language teacher – elementary school
- French as a second language teacher – elementary school
- Grade school teacher
- Elementary school supply teacher
- French immersion teacher – elementary school
- Industrial arts teacher – elementary school
- French teacher – elementary school
- English teacher – elementary school
- Home economics teacher – elementary school
- Junior high school teacher
- Kindergarten teacher
- Language teacher – elementary school
- Music teacher – elementary school
- Nature study teacher – elementary school
- Physical education teacher – elementary school
- Primary school teacher
- Remedial teacher – elementary school
- Special education teacher – elementary school
- Sewing teacher – elementary school
- Special education teacher – primary school
- Teacher-librarian – elementary school
- Special needs teacher – elementary school
- Teacher – junior kindergarten
- Substitute teacher – elementary school
- Supply teacher – elementary school
- Visiting teacher – elementary school
Job Exclusions from kindergarten teacher
Nevertheless, some related jobs are not in this group of kindergarten teacher work. Therefore, if you immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher, you don’t engage in these jobs as they are not under this NOC Code 4032. Therefore, the following are the excluded jobs:
- Early childhood educators and assistants (See 4214 Early childhood educators and assistants)
- Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (See 4413 Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants)
- Psychoeducators (See 4153 Family, marriage and other related counsellors)
- Elementary school librarians (See 5211 Library and public archive technicians)
- School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education (See 0422 School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education)
- Secondary school teachers (See 4031 Secondary school teachers)
- Teachers of persons with developmental disabilities (See 4215 Instructors of persons with disabilities)
Main duties of a kindergarten teacher in Canada
When you immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher, you are going to engage in these duties as your main duty. The duties are:
- Firstly, you will prepare courses for presentation to students according to approved curriculum
- Secondly, you will teach students using a systematic plan of lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips
- Thirdly, you will lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Fourthly, you will assign and correct homework
- Fifthly, you will prepare, administer and correct tests
- In addition, you will evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- furthermore, you will identify children’s individual learning needs
- Also, you will prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Lastly, you will participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher
If you want to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher or as a foreign worker, you will have to meet two categories of requirements which are general and specific requirements.
Therefore, the general requirements every immigrant in Canada must meet are:
General requirements to work in Canada
Every immigrant who wants to work in Canada must meet these general requirements in order to immigrate to Canada. Therefore, general requirements to immigrate to Canada are:
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Arranged employment
- Work experience
- Your partner’s ability
Generally, language is one of the requirements to Immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher.
So to Immigrate to Canada, you must provide language proficiency proof.
However, this is achieved through taking the language proficiency test or exam and presenting your score.
Therefore, the following are the language test categories as established by the Canadian government of which immigrants can take to qualify entry.
- International English language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as Foreign language (TOEFL)
- Canadian English language proficiency index program
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- The Canadian test of English for scholars and trainees
- Test de connaissance du Français Canada (TCF).
Before immigrating to Canada as a kindergarten teacher, you must attain a certain age. Therefore, if you have not reached the Canadian working age, you cannot work in Canada. Generally, the working age in Canada is 18 years.
Another requirement is education requirements. For you to work in Canada, you must at least have high school certificate or its equivalent in order to qualify as a Canadian worker.
#4: Arranged employment
If you can arrange employment with a Canadian employer, it becomes easy for you to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher.
However, your employer must get a certification from the Labour Market Impact Assessment. In addition to that, you must also be the best candidate for the job.
Your adaptability to the Canadian weather can also help you while immigrating to work in Canada. Apart from that, you must be able to adapt to the demands of the job.
Therefore, before you can move to Canada as a kindergarten teacher, you must have a medical checkup to determine your fitness.
#6: Work experience
You need work experience as it is basically needed if you want to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher.
This is because you will prove your competency and expertise in handling children.
Moreover, if you don’t prove your competency you may not be able to get an opportunity to be employed.
#7: Your partner’s skills
Moreover, your partner’s skills are also necessary to boost your comprehensive ranking system(CRS) score. Moreover, your partner’s skills also matter to your immigration success.
Therefore, your partner’s age, education, and other qualifications are needed to qualify you.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher
Regardless of the general requirements, there are specific requirements you must meet to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher. Therefore, you must meet the requirements below:
- A bachelor’s degree in education is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in child development may be required.
- Additional training is required to specialize in special education or second language instruction.
- A provincial teaching certificate is required. Additional certification is required to teach English or French as a second language.
- Membership in a provincial or territorial teachers’ association or federation is usually required.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher
You have many pathway programs you can use to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher. However, this program has five options which are:
- Express entry program
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Job offer
- Quebec Experience Class
1: Express entry
This program is the most common and easiest pathway to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher. Moreover, the express entry program has three other programs under it. And each of these three programs under it has requirements.
However, you must meet the requirements for whichever program you choose among the three programs available in this entry.
Therefore, before you select any program, check to know if you meet the program requirements. Meanwhile, the three programs under the express entry system are:
- Federal skilled trades program
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
2: Provincial Nominee Program
If you do not want to use the express entry, you can use the PNP. This is equivalent to the express entry. However, this program is managed by the provincial governments. Therefore, if you meet the requirements for this program, you can apply for it.
However, you must be ready to live and work in the province that nominates you. In addition to that, you must be ready to adapt to the weather and work conditions of the province.
3: Job offer
Moreover, immigrating to Canada as a kindergarten teacher may not be easy but with a valid job offer, you can now move to Canada easily. However, before you can use this pathway, there are certain conditions your employer must fulfill.
First of all, the Canadian employer must get a clearance from the LMIA. Secondly, the employer must prove that you are the best candidate for the job. In addition, you must meet all the requirements for the job.
4: In-demand jobs
Since kindergarten teacher is an in-demand job in Canada. It is easy to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher using an in-demand program.
5: Quebec Experience Class
Also you can use this program to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher if you wish to settle in Quebec. Therefore, when you plan to live and be working in Quebec, then, this program is for you.
However, there are specific requirements you must meet before using this program. For instance, you must prove your proficiency in French language.
Secondly, you must meet the requirements for working in Quebec. Then, you must be able to adapt to the weather conditions of Quebec.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher
Immediately you know the steps required to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher it would be less difficult for you to encounter challenges on the way.
Therefore, below are the steps to guide you on how you can begin processing to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher
- At first, you are expected to check your eligibility for Canada’s express entry.
- Secondly, you need to create an express entry profile account and submit an express entry required documents in your profile online.
- Thirdly, you are required to apply for Canada’s working visa permit as soon as you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
- Then you must send your application within sixty days.
- Thereafter, you wait until your application is approved or declined. This often takes about six months.
- If your application gets approval, you can start preparing to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the application fee cost?
Your application fee cost is $150
Must I use only a job offer to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher?
No. There are other entry options you can use outside job offers to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher.
What is the average salary of a kindergarten teacher?
The average salary for a kindergarten teacher is $50,469 per year in Canada
What is the processing time for a work visa to enter Canada as a kindergarten teacher?
The processing time for a Canadian work visa is a minimum of 3 months.
Education is the answer in Canada hence people are welcomed to immigrate to Canada as a kindergarten teacher when they carefully follow the stated procedure.