Under the National Classification Code 8241(NOC) one can immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator.
Similarly, those who operate cable yarding system mechanical harvesters and mechanical tree processors can immigrate to Canada as logging machinery operators.
Having known this, Canadian government has recognized the importance of this job and other related occupations
Also, this group can work in so many places in Canada, even under logging companies and private contractors
People who wish to immigrate to Canada as logging machinery operators have a better opportunity of security, good income.
Some workers from different parts of the world have been moving to Canada as logging machinery operators with their family.
Despite that, there is an increase in the demand of workers who which to immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operators and there are so many vacuum to be filled up by this group
Vividly, this article describes in detail the whole things you will need to know about immigrating to Canada as a logging machinery operator like, the examples of jobs under the same category,their main duties, the requirements, the pathway programs and steps for immigrating to Canada as a logging machinery operator and others.
In this article
- What logging machinery operators do In Canada
- Examples of jobs under NOC Code 8241- logging machinery operator
- Main duties of a logging machinery operator in Canada
- Requirements for immigrating to Canada as a logging machinery operator
- Specific or employment requirements
- General Requirements
- Pathway pathway programs for immigrating to Canada as a logging machinery operator
- Express entry program
- Provincial nominee program
- In-demand jobs
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator
- Frequently Asked Questions
What logging machinery operators do In Canada
In your preparation to immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator, there is a need for you to know what you are likely to do in Canada.
With the NOC Code 8241, logging machinery operators operate cable yarding Systems, mechanical harvesters and forwarders and mechanical tree processors and loaders to fell, yard and process tree at logging sites
They are employed by logging companies and contractors
Examples of jobs under NOC Code 8241- logging machinery operator
There are jobs which have the same description as logging machinery operators.
However, if you immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator, you can also consider these following jobs:
- bunk skidder operator
- cable yarding operator
- chipping machine operator
- delimber operator
- cable yarding system operator
- chipping machine operator – logging
- crane and claw operator – logging
- delimber and buncher operator
- feller buncher operator
- grapple loader operator – logging
- feller forwarder operator
- forwarder operator – logging
- grapple operator – logging
- grapple yarder operator – logging
- linehorse operator
- loader operator – logging
- log loader operator
- feller delimber operator
- log loading machine operator
- mechanical harvester and forwarder operator
- log process operator
- log processor operator
- tree length forwarder operator
- logging crane operator
- mobile chipper operator – logging
- logging machinery operator
- tree harvester operator
- logging truck loader
- mechanical tree processor and
- loader operator
- mechanical tree processor operator – logging
- pulpwood harvester operator
- mobile whole tree chipper – logging
- rigging slinger – logging
- shortwood harvester operator
- slasher loader operator
- yarding engineer – logging
- mechanical harvester operator – logging
- slasher operator – logging
- picker truck operator
- slasher saw operator – logging
- tree processor operator – logging
- slasher sawyer operator – logging
- yarder operator – logging
- steel spar operator – logging
- tree-length harvester operator
Some closely related occupations are excluded on the list of logging machinery operators category.
Therefore, you cannot be employed on the below jobs with NOC code 8241 :
- Chain saw and skidder operators ( 8421 Chain saw and skidder operators)
- Heavy equipment operators (except crane) ( 7521 Heavy equipment operators (except crane))
- Silviculture and forestry workers (8422 Silviculture and forestry workers)
- Supervisors, logging and forestry ( 8211 Supervisors, logging and forestry)
- Transport truck drivers ( 7511 Transport truck drivers)
Main duties of a logging machinery operator in Canada
Planning to immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator must also go with the adequate knowledge of the major duties and functions of the workers under this group
However, under NOC Code 8241 logging machinery Operators performs the following functions:
- Operate machines to transport trees from logging areas to landing or log loading sites in mountainous terrain in western Canada.
Mechanical harvester and forwarder operators perform the following:
- Assess site and terrain and drive heavy equipment to perform a combination of felling, slashing, bucking, bunching and forwarding operations at logging areas.
- Mechanical tree processor and loader operators
- Operate a variety of machines which perform a combination of slashing, bucking, chipping, sorting and loading logs or trees at landing sites.
Requirements for immigrating to Canada as a logging machinery operator
Obviously, there are certain requirements for you to meet up with when you are aspiring to immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator.
However, these requirements are divided into two which are the specific requirements and the general requirements.
Specific or employment requirements
These requirements are peculiar to the immigrants who aspire to work as a logging machinery operator. This requirements includes:
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- On-the-job training from three to 16 months is provided, depending on the complexity of machinery operated and the type of woodland operation.
- Experience requirements vary depending on the complexity of machinery operated.
- Mechanical harvester and forwarder operators may require logging experience as a chain saw and skidder operator.
- Feller buncher operators and cable yarder operators usually require three to five years of logging experience.
- Mechanical tree processor and loader operators usually require one to three years of logging experience.
- Certification as a heavy equipment operator may be required.
- Company certification for mobile logging machinery operation may be required.
- Provincial air brake certification may be required in British Columbia, depending on the type of equipment operated.
- Workplace hazardous materials information system (WHMIS) and first aid certificates may be required.
- Knowledge of tree harvesting regulations is required.
Furthermore, there is some other information you need to know as you aspire to immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator. It involves the following:
- There is some mobility among jobs in this group from the less complex to more complex machinery operation.
- There is some mobility between employers, particularly in similar types of woodland operations.
- Self-employment as a logging contractor is possible with investment in equipment.
- Logging machinery operators may perform minor repairs and maintenance on their equipment.
- Progression to logging and forestry supervisory positions is possible with experience.
There are some Requirements that are generally applicable to any worker who is planning to immigrate to Canada.
Unlike the specific requirements, this general Requirements are not restricted to only the aspirants who immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator but also for all the immigrants.
This general Requirements includes:
- Language proficiency
- Educational qualifications
- Work experience and
- Partner’s skills
Pathway pathway programs for immigrating to Canada as a logging machinery operator
There are some pathway programs established for immigrants who are planning to immigrate to Canada as logging machinery Operators or any other occupation.
However,the pathway programs which is a Canadian government establishment includes the following:
- Express entry program
- Provincial nominee program
- In-demand occupations
- Job offers
Express entry program
This program is an establishment of the Canadian government as an easy pathway to people who seek to Immigrate to Canada for employment purpose
Generally,this program is divided into three (3) which includes
- Federal Skilled Worker program
- Federal Skilled trades program
- Canada experience class
In addition, Express entry program is the easiest and most common pathway to immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator. But most importantly, you must endeavour to choose the correct program that will suit your Job category.
The IRCC, will grant you immigration request once you meet the necessary requirements
Provincial nominee program
Provincial Nominee program is an establishment of provinces in Canada to assist workers who would like to work or live in a particular Canadian province
However, different provinces in Canada has their own Provincial nominee program as the requirements differ in each Province
Note that, once you immigrate to Canada through a Provincial nominee program, you will live and work in that province.
Moreover, if you want to immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator through Provincial nominee program, you should consider any of the following Provincial programs below:
- Northwest Territories nominee program (NTNP)
- Alberta immigration nominee program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial nominee program (MPNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial nominee program(NBPNP)
- New founded Labrador provincial nominee program (NLNP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial nominee program (NSNP)
- Ontario Provincial nominee program (OINP)
- Prince Edward Island provincial nominee program (PEI PNP)
- Yukon nominee program (YNP)
- Saskatchewan immigration nominee program (SINP)
In a similar way, you can immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator through in-demand jobs.
According to the National occupation classification (NOC), some jobs are grouped into a code to be easily assessed by workers who wish to immigrate to Canada for employment.
Therefore, if you want to immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator, you can check the NOC Code of your occupation and if you find it among in-demand jobs, you can apply directly.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator
Gradually, you will have to follow some Systematic steps for you to immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator.
In order to immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator, you will follow the following steps one by one:
First of all,you will open an Express entry profile. This opening will not cost you money when you visit the IRCC official website
Secondly, after opening the Express entry profile, you will have to choose a program
Note that the program you choose must match your job category.
Thirdly, get a job offer. There is a need for you to get a job offer from a Canadian employer
However, your employer will assist you in your immigration process and make things easier for you.
Fourthly, get an invitation to apply. When you get an invitation to apply, it is also a sign that your request has been granted, you will put all your documents together and apply on the stipulated period of time.
Additionally, you will also attach other documents such as identity card,work experience proof, language proficiency proof test and so on.
Then, you may be asked to pay CAD$150 for your application letter.
Lastly, get your work permit. At this last stage, you will have to apply and get your work permit for you to immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator, you may get your work permit at the Canadian Port of entry when you arrive in Canada.Immigrate to Canada as a Personal Assistant
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum qualification for immigrating to Canada as a logging machinery operator?
Completion of secondary school education is the minimum educational Requirement
How many hours do logging machinery operators work?
Generally, Logging machinery operators work thirty-six to forty hours a week
Though, in some parts of Canada logging is a seasonal activities therefore, logging machinery operators may move or find something else to do for the rest of the year
You can make a lot of money if you immigrate to Canada as a logging machinery operator.
In addition, this article compiled everything that will help you to achieve your dream.