It is quite interesting to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker with your high school certificate. Since the work of mail postal workers does not require much educational qualification in Canada, you can immigrate with at least your secondary school certificate and still be employed.
Therefore, it is easy to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker. So the only things you need to know are the duties of a mail postal worker in Canada, the steps, and the requirements to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker.
Due to this, this article is prepared to properly guide you to know the necessary procedure, steps, and requirements to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker. You will, as well, know the main duties of a mail postal worker as well as the average salary of a mail postal worker in Canada.
In this article
- What does a mail postal worker do in Canada?
- Examples of mail postal works under NOC 1511
- Main duties of a mail postal worker in Canada
- Postal workers
- Mail sorters
- Mailroom clerks
- Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker
- General requirements to work in Canada
- Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker
- 1: Express entry
- 2: Provincial Nominee Program
- 3: Job offer
- 4: In-demand jobs
- 5: Quebec Experience Class
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker
- Frequently Asked Questions
What does a mail postal worker do in Canada?
The actual reason why people immigrate to Canada as mail postal workers are to process and sort mail and parcels in post offices, mail processing plants, and internal mailrooms, and clerks who serve customers and record transactions at sales counters and postal wickets.
Moreover, they are employed by Canada Post Corporation, courier and parcel express companies, and establishments throughout the public and private sectors.
Examples of mail postal works under NOC 1511
Immigrating to Canada as a mail postal worker under the NOC code 1511 is for the purpose of being any of the following below:
- Addressing machine operator – mail and postal services
- Mailing machine operator
- Express mail service clerk
- Address-labelling machine tender
- Mail clerk – railway transport
- Address-plate inserter
- Bursting machine tender
- Bus parcel express clerk
- Counter clerk – mail and postal services
- Mail tracing clerk
- Envelope-sealing and envelope-imprinting machine tender
- Mail room assistant
- Express service clerk – railway
- Inserting machine tender – mail and postal services
- Mail filing clerk
- Letter sorting clerk
- Lost postal package search clerk
- Mail-sorting system operator
- Management services clerk – mail and postal services
- Mail clerk
- Messenger service representative
- Parcel post clerk
- Mail counter clerk
- Post office clerk
- Mail processing clerk
- Postal clerk
- Mail sorter
- Postal counter clerk
- Mail distribution clerk
- Postal services wicket clerk
- Mail handler
- Postal wicket clerk
- Mailroom clerk
- Railway mail clerk
- Registered mail clerk
- Routing clerk
- Railway station mail clerk
Job Exclusions from mail postal worker
Nevertheless, some jobs are related but excluded from the mail postal worker work. Therefore, if you immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker, you don’t go for the following jobs below. in
- Couriers, messengers, and door-to-door distributors (See 1513 Couriers, messengers, and door-to-door distributors)
- Letter carriers (See 1512 Letter carriers)
- Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations (See 1214 Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations)
Main duties of a mail postal worker in Canada
When you immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker, you are going to do any of the following works below as your main duty.
Calculate and affix the correct postage on letters, parcels, and registered mail and receive payment from customers; sell stamps, prepaid mail, and courier envelopes and money orders; route mail to the proper delivery stream; sign or obtain signatures from recipients for registered or special delivery mail and keep records; answer inquiries and complete forms regarding change of address, theft or loss of mail; and record and balance daily transactions.
Sort mail according to destination; bundle, label, bag, and route sorted mail to the proper delivery stream; and search directories to find the correct address for redirected mail.
Receive, process, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, messages, and courier packages manually or electronically; maintain address databases and produce personalized mailings; print and photocopy material, and address and stuff envelopes; weigh outgoing mail, calculate and affix proper postage, and bundle by postal code; and may operate and maintain print shop and mailing house equipment
Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker
If you want to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker or as a foreign worker, you will have to meet two categories of requirements which are general and specific requirements. Therefore, the general requirements every immigrant in Canada must meet are:
General requirements to work in Canada
Every immigrant who wants to work in Canada must meet these general requirements in order to immigrate to Canada. Therefore, general requirements to immigrate to Canada are:
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Arranged employment
- Work experience
- Your partner’s ability
Proof of your language proficiency is required therefore, language is one of the requirements to Immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker.
Moreover, you can take any of the language proficiency tests below in order to immigrate to Canada as a mail, postal worker.
- International English language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as Foreign language (TOEFL)
- Canadian English language proficiency index program
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- The Canadian test of English for scholars and trainees
- Test de connaissance du Français Canada (TCF).
You should be up to 18 years before you can immigrate to Canada as a worker. So if you have not reached the Canadian working age, you cannot work in Canada. Therefore, the working-age in Canada is 18 years.
Another requirement is education requirements. For you to work in Canada, you must at least have a high school certificate or its equivalent in order to qualify as a Canadian worker.
#4: Arranged employment
If you can arrange employment with a Canadian employer, it becomes easy for you to immigrate to Canada. However, your employer must get a certification from the Labour Market Impact Assessment. In addition to that, you must also be the best candidate for the job.
Your adaptability to the Canadian weather can also help you while immigrating to work in Canada as a mail postal worker. Apart from that, you must be able to adapt to the demands of the job. Therefore, before you can move to Canada as a mail postal worker, you must have a medical checkup to determine your fitness.
#6: Work experience
You need work experience as it is basically needed if you want to immigrate to Canada.
Moreover, if you don’t prove your competency you may not be able to do the work efficiently hence will not get an opportunity to be employed.
#7: Your partner’s skills
Moreover, your partner’s skills are also necessary to boost your comprehensive ranking system CRS score. Moreover, your partner’s skills also matter to your immigration success.
Therefore, your partner’s age, education, and other qualifications are needed to qualify you.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker
Regardless of the general requirements, there is a specific requirement you must meet to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker. Therefore, you must meet this requirement below:
- Completion of secondary school and some college office administration courses may be required.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker
There are many pathway programs you can use to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker. However, this program has five options which are:
- Express entry program
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Job offer
- Quebec Experience Class
1: Express entry
This program is the most common and easiest pathway to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker. Moreover, the express entry program has three other programs under it. And each of these three programs under it has requirements.
However, you must meet the requirements for whichever program you choose among the three programs available in this entry.
Therefore, before you select any program, check to know if you meet the program requirements. Meanwhile, the three programs under the express entry system are:
- Federal skilled trades program
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
2: Provincial Nominee Program
If you do not want to use the express entry, you can use the PNP. This is equivalent to the express entry. However, this program is managed by the provincial governments. Therefore, if you meet the requirements for this program, you can apply for it. However, you must be ready to live and work in the province that nominates you. In addition to that, you must be ready to adapt to the weather and work conditions of the province.
3: Job offer
Moreover, immigrating to Canada as a mail postal worker may not be easy but with a valid job offer, you can now move to Canada easily. However, before you can use this pathway, there are certain conditions your employer must fulfill.
First of all, the Canadian employer must get a clearance from the LMIA. Secondly, the employer must prove that you are the best candidate for the job. In addition, you must meet all the requirements for the job.
4: In-demand jobs
A Postal postal worker is an in-demand job in Canada. It is easy to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker using an in-demand program.
5: Quebec Experience Class
You can use this program immediately in Canada if you wish to settle in Quebec. Therefore, when you plan to live and be working in Quebec, then, this program is for you.
However, there are specific requirements you must meet before using this program. For instance, you must prove your proficiency in the French language. Secondly, you must meet the requirements for working in Quebec. Then, you must be able to adapt to the weather conditions of Quebec.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker
Once you know the steps required to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker it would be easy for you. Therefore, below are the steps to guide you on how you can begin processing to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker
- First of all, you are expected to check your eligibility for Canada’s express entry.
- Secondly, you need to create an express entry profile account and submit an express entry required documents in your profile online.
- Thirdly, you are required to apply for Canada’s working visa permit as soon as you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
- Then you must send your application within sixty days.
- Thereafter, you wait until your application is approved or declined. This often takes about six months.
- If your application gets approved, you can start preparing to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the application fee cost?
Your application fee cost is $150
Must I use only a job offer to immigrate to Canada?
No. There are other entry options you can use outside job offers to immigrate to Canada as a mail postal worker.
What is the average salary of a mail postal worker?
The average salary for a kindergarten teacher is $45,415, per year in Canada
What is the processing time for a work visa to enter Canada as a mail postal worker?
The processing time for a Canadian work visa is a minimum of 3 months.
The service of mail postal workers pays well in Canada even without many requirements. So it will be so nice if you consider immigrating to Canada as a mail postal worker.