Perchance, you are wondering how to immigrate to Canada as a manager in health care and you don’t know what it will take to get started?
Or, you often hear beautiful stories of families and friends who move to Canada every day. And you often wonder if you could have a similar story to tell.
Stay with us, because we have good news! You, too, can become a manager in healthcare and immigrate to Canada. Not only that, but you will also have the opportunity to share your own story as well.
Interestingly, according to the National Occupation Classification-NOC, skilled workers including managers in health care are in high demand.
However, for you to be eligible to immigrate to Canada as a manager in health care, there are some rules and regulations you must obey to the fullest of which I am going to take you through in this article.
Fortunately, this information has helped thousands of individuals like you who are seeking to immigrate to Canada to scale through the competitive process of selection, and are now residents or bonafide citizens of Canada.
So, all it will take is preparation, patience, and staying informed on your path.
Table of Contents
- What Do Managers in Health care do in Canada?
- Pathways to Immigrate to Canada as a Manager of Health care
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Health Care
- Frequently Asked Question
What Do Managers in Health care do in Canada?
To begin, we took the time to write everything you needed to know about this job in order to dispel any misconceptions you may have had about what managers in health care do in Canada.
Hopefully, this will assist you in determining whether you truly belong to this category of workers or not.
Let me reiterate that health care managers are classified in the Canadian National Occupation code under 0311.
That being said, managers in health care plan and organize, control and direct as well as evaluate the delivery of health care services such as diagnosis and treatment, nursing and therapy, within institutions and other settings that provide health care services. They also work in hospitals, nursing homes, medical clinics, and other health-care facilities.
Furthermore, many of them consult with boards of directors and senior management to maintain and establish standards for health care service delivery.
Examples of work under Managers in Health care
Undoubtedly, health care managers are an important set of workers that perform various supervisory roles. They could be employed under various job titles and positions.
So, if you qualify to be employed under the code of a manager in health care, here are some job titles you can be employed under:
- Assistant administrator for nursing
- Assistant director of nursing
- Assistant director of nursing services
- Assistant nursing services administrator
- Behaviour therapy services director
- Blood bank administrator
- Chief of anesthesia
- Chief of emergency medicine
- Chief of medical staff
- Director of clinical medicine
- director of dietetics
- director of laboratory medicine
- director of nursing – medical services
- director of occupational therapy
- director of physiotherapy
- director of surgery
- home care services director – medical services
- medical clinic director
- mental health residential care program manager
- rehabilitation services director
- Chief of biomedical engineering service
- Chief of cardiology
- Chief of dermatology
- Chief of diagnostic imaging
- Chief of diagnostic radiology
- Chief of emergency medicine
- Chief of endocrinology
- Chief of gastro-enterology
- Chief of hematology
- Chief of housing activities
- Chief of infectious diseases
- Chief of laboratory medicine
- Chief of medical staff
- Chief of medicine
- Chief of nephrology
- Chief of neurology
- Chief of obstetrics and gynecology
- Chief of occupational therapy
- Chief of operating area
- Chief of ophthalmology
- Chief of pathology
- Chief of pediatrics
- Chief of pharmacy
- Chief of physiotherapy
- Chief of psychiatry
- Chief of psychology
- Chief of radiation oncology
- Chief of respirology
- Government managers – health and social policy development and program administration (See 0411 Government managers).
- Senior managers in health, education, social and community services and membership organizations (See 0014 for Senior managers).
Main Duties of Managers of Health care in Canada
Managers of health care perform many duties in Canada depending on the job titles under which they are employed.
So, before you apply for a particular health care manager position, you should know the specific task that you’re going to perform and if you’re capable of effectively handling it.
The following are the general duties of Legislators:
- Typically, healthcare managers plan, organize, control, direct, and evaluate health care service delivery within a department of a health care institution or in other settings where health care services are provided.
- They also consult with boards of directors and senior management to maintain and establish standards for health care service delivery.
- In addition, they create evaluation systems to track the quality of health care provided to patients.
- They monitor the use of diagnostic services, in-patient beds as well as facilities to ensure effective use of resource employment.
- Health care manager create and carry out plans for new programs, special projects, new material and equipment purchases, and future staffing levels in their department or establishment.
- They plan and manage the budget of a department or establishment.
- Also, they attend meetings with government officials, the general public, the media, and other organizations to represent the department or establishment.
- In charge of supervising health care supervisors and professionals.
- Recruit department or establishment health care personnel.
Employment Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Health care
Basically, for you to be qualified to immigrate to Canada as a manager in health care, there are general and specific requirements that are very mandatory for you meet. The basic requirement are as listed below
- Administrators of departments such as surgery, laboratory medicine, or clinical medicine are usually required to have the education and training of a specialist physician.
- Administrators of other departments, such as nursing, physiotherapy, or dietetics are usually required to have the education and training of the medical professionals in that department.
- Many years of experience in a relevant profession, including supervisory experience, is also a requirement
- Certification in a relevant profession is usually required
- There is little or no movement between departments in various medical specializations.With experience, it is possible to advance to senior management positions in health care services.
So, let us say you have your certificates and other necessary documents ready at hand, and they are all complete and updated, you’re off to a great start.
However, there are other general requirements that are necessary which you must have before you land that job.
Moreover, only your education is not enough for you to qualify for work in Canada.
So, below are the general requriement you need to immigrate to Canada as a health care manager:
- Educational qualification
- Language ability (English or French)
- Work experience (if any)
- Job offer or arranged employment
- Partner’s skills ( not compulsory)
- Adaptability ( adapt to a new environment)
- Minimum work experience for legislator
Pathways to Immigrate to Canada as a Manager of Health care
Are you confused on choosing the best pathway to immigrate to Canada as a Manager in health care? Never mind, we are here for you!
In deed, the Canadian immigration system has more than 100 diverse immigration options you can choose from.
So, let me help you make a suitable choice.
Interestingly, the express entry system not only prove to be the quickest and fastest, but it also has a processing time of as little as six months.
As an health care manager, you can either apply through the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Canadian Experience Class. That is, if you have Canadian work experience
Furthermore, the Express Entry system is a point-based system that will score you based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) on factors such as your age, qualification, work experience, language skills and ability to adapt to the kind of life in Canada.
Besides, if you create a valid Entry Express profile, you will receive ranking against your competitors in a forthnight draw.
Here, only the highest-ranking person will receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) for permanent residency in Canada.
By any chance, you did not make it through the Express Entry, you may still have the opportunity to receive a Provincial Nomination (PN).
However, the provincial nominee is worth over 600 extra CRS points. Equally important, to receive a provincial nominee, you will need to have a job offer that is effective for at least one year’s full-time job.
Firstly, you will need to express your interest in a particular territory. If you are lucky, you will be offered an invitation to apply for provincial nomination.
Most importantly, the processing time for the provincial nominee varies from province to province.
Currently, there are about Eleven provinces that offer Provincial Nomination Program (PNP).
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSPNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee program (BCPNP)
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NWTNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial nominee Program (PEIPNP)
- Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP)
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
- Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
Similarly, you can emigrate to Canada as a manager in health care via the National Occupation Classification (NOC) code list.
In the same vein, if your career appears on the NOC code list, it is an indication that you can apply directly to immigrate to Canada as a healthcare manager.
Consequently, the manager on helath care is on the list of jobs in demand in Canada under code 0311.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Health Care
Now, to immigrate to Canada as a manager in health care, you need to go through the following steps:
Firstly, you will need to open an Express Entry profile. Normally, you need to visit the IRCC official website to be able to do so. Moreover, it is free.
Next, you will choose a program to enable you to emigrate to Canada as a manager in health care. Notably, it must be a program that is in line with your job.
Thirdly, you will need to get a job offer from a Canadian employer. Interestingly, for your employer to get you across, they must prove to the labor market impact assessment that no one in Canada is qualified for that job role.
Fourthly, you will receive and an invitation to apply and you must submit that within the next 60 days. But then,, the application fee is around CAD 150.
Finally, apply for your work permit. Similarly, you can get your work permit when you get to Canada.
Frequently Asked Question
What Express Entry documentation is required for a health-care manager to immigrate to Canada?
To begin, an Educational Credential Assessment must be completed to verify your educational certificates. Your educational history must be legally confirmed before you may claim education points on your Express Entry profile.
Secondly, you will have to take an internationally recognized English or French test while your educational paperwork is being confirmed.
In addition, you will need to begin your application to the Manager in Health Care Regulatory Body in Canada in order to successfully immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Health Care.
Summarily, managers in health care are normally employed under many job titles and positions.
So, if you wish to immigrate to Canada as a health care manager, you have to apply under the code for Manager in health care, to be employed to work in Canada.