Has immigrating to Canada as a Manager in Natural Resources Production been a dream you think will never come through? Let’s explore the kinds of jobs you can get in Canada, the demand for workers in your career path and requirements to immigrate to Canada as a Manager in the Natural Resources Industry.
Getting an approval to move to Canada is something every foreigner long for, and it is also a good news to know that you can immigrate to Canada and work as a manager in natural resources production and you can as well become a permanent resident if you meet up with all the necessary requirements.
Moreover, despite the large number of foreigners moving to Canada in the past few years to seek for jobs in the manufacturing and production industries, mangers in natural resources production are still in high demand across Canada both within private and public employers of labor.
So, in this article, we will provide in detail every thing you need to know about immigrating to Canada as a manager in natural resources production, as well as examples of jobs titles and description under the NOC code 0811 for Managers in natural resources production.
There are basic requirements, steps and pathways programs that you need to meet up with before you can receive invitation to apply for permanent residence in Canada as a manager in mineral resources production and many more.
Who is a manager in natural resources production?
A manager in natural resources production is an employee who performs the responsibilities of organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the operations of establishments in forestry and logging, mining and quarrying.
They also oversee and govern the duties of oil and gas drilling, production and servicing operations, and commercial fishing.
Managers in natural resources productions are mostly employed by manufacturing, mining, forestry drilling and production industries etc.
In Canada, every job is assigned a code in the National Occupation Classification System, and the code for managers in natural resources is 0811.
Main duties of managers in natural resources production
Just like other managerial jobs, there are duties and responsibilities performed by managers in natural resources production; which are:
- Oversee and analyze operations in forestry, logging, mining, quarrying, or oil and gas. operations or in services to logging, mining and oil and gas industries, or in commercial fishing.
- Recommend operational changes to senior management when necessary to ensure that production quotas and procedures are met.
- Prepare production reports for review by senior management.
- Confer with other managers to set production quotas, to plan extraction sites and to develop policies for the removal of raw materials.
- Evaluate efficiency of production sites to determine adequacy of personnel, equipment and technologies used, and make changes to work schedule or equipment when necessary
- Ensure adherence to safety regulations.
- Hire personnel and oversee training needs of staff.
- May direct peripheral activities such as the construction of access roads or temporary living quarters.
Example of jobs under the managers in natural resources production
As a qualified Manager in natural resources production, there are chances that you can get employed under any of this job titles mention below;
- Director of mining
- Director of mining operations
- Drilling operations manager
- Fishing operations manager
- Forestry and logging manager
- Forestry operations manager
- Gas field operations manager
- Logging production manager
- Manager of mining operations
- Mine manager
- Mine superintendent
- Mining operations director
- Mining operations manager
- Oil or gas drilling superintendent
- Gas and Oil fields production manager
- Oil well drilling manager
- Oil well servicing manager
- Peat bog manager
- Production manager – coal mining
- Quarry manager
- Quarrying manager
- Quarrying operations manager
- Raw materials production manager
- Shore captain – fishing
- Underground mine superintendent
- Underground mining superintendent
- Woodlands manager
- Woods superintendent
Requirements to work in Canada as a manager in natural resources production
To immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production, there are requirements you need to meet up with, these requirement are divided into the 2, the general requirement to work in Canada and the specific requirements to work in Canada as a manager in natural resources production.
General requirement to work in Canada
Generally, as a foreigner who wants to work in Canada, you must meet up with these general requirements;
The requirements includes:
- Language proficiency
- Educational qualifications
- Work experience
#1. Language proficiency
language proficiency is one of the major requirements for those who wish to immigrate to Canada for employment.
Therefore, if you want to immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production, you must be good in speaking English or French which are the official languages of Canada.
However, the proficiency in language can be proved through many many language test examinations available.
#2. Educational qualifications
Education qualification is a basic requirements for anyone who wants to Immigrate to Canada.
Therefore, if you are dreaming of immigrating to Canada as a manager in natural resources production, you must meet the educational Requirements.
However, the requirements include completing Secondary school education or diploma in a high school.
Basically, It is required to be up to 18 years and above for you to immigrate to Canada as a worker.
#4. Work experience
Normally, work experience is required as one of the basics
If you want to immigrate to Canada as a manager in mineral resources production, you must prove you have what it takes to be employed.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production
- Forestry managers usually require a bachelor’s degree in forestry science or forest engineering.
- Mining and quarrying managers usually require a bachelor’s degree in mining engineering or earth sciences.
- Oil and gas managers usually require a bachelor’s degree in geology, earth sciences or petroleum engineering.
- Several years of experience in a supervisory occupation in the particular industry are usually required and may substitute for formal education requirements.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as manager in natural resources production
These are pathway programs which will help you to immigrate to Canada as a manager in mineral resources production.
However, these programs are the options to go through according to your choice of occupation and purpose.
The following are the pathway programs to immigrate to Canada:
A. Express entry program
Express entry program is a common pathway to immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production.
However, you must choose the best program among the option in the express entry program which involves:
- Federal Skilled Worker program
- Federal Skilled trades program and
- Canada experience class
Definitely, Express entry program is definitely the easiest pathway to immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production.
In order to immigrate to Canada through this program, you must be able to choose the correct option that goes in line with your occupation.
Your request may be considered by IRCC once you meet up with the requirements
Additionally, the Express entry program is the fastest way to immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production, this is because it doesn’t take much time to process.
B. Provinces Nominee programs
Provincial Nominee program is an organized program established by a province, all these provinces have their qualification for immigrants who want to work in their Province.
However, if you immigrate to Canada through this program, have it in mind that you must live and work in the Province
Hopefully, you can easily apply for a permanent residency through the Provincial nominee programs (PNPs).
Below are the examples of provincial nominee programs:
- Alberta immigration nominee program (AINP).
- British Columbia Provincial nominee program (MPNP).
- New founded Labrador provincial nominee program (NLNP).
- Northwest Territories nominee program (NTNP).
- Nova Scotia Provincial nominee program (NSNP).
- Prince Edward Island provincial nominee program (PEI PNP).
- Yukon nominee program (YNP).
- Saskatchewan immigration nominee program (SINP)
C. In-demand jobs
Similarly, you can as well immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production through National occupational classification (NOC) code.
However, if you find your job in the NOC code of in-demand occupations in Canada, you can apply directly to Immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production
There are different steps to follow when you want to immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production.
Step 1: Express entry
To immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production, you will open an Express entry profile/account.
Normally, if you want to open this account, you will visit the IRCC official website to assist you and do it
Step 2: Choose a program
You will choose a program for you to immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production.
You must choose a program that matches your occupation as a manager in natural resources production.
Step 3: Job offer
Get a job offer from a Canadian employer if you want to immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production.
You employer will help you out with other necessary information’s
Step 4: Invitation to apply(ITA)
You will get an invitation to apply. Once more, for you to immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production you must succeed from your requirements.
This application must be submitted within 60 days from the day you were invited to apply
Furthermore, you will submit the application with other supporting documents. If you get the notification to apply, you should try to submit it on time
You will attach other documents such as identity card, work experience proof, language proficiency exam score and others.
Consequently, the application letter may cost nothing more than CAD$150.
Step 5: Get you work permit
Apply and get your work permit as the last step to move to Canada as a manager in natural resources production.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a job offer to immigrate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production?
No, a job offer is not a compulsory requirement to relocate to Canada as a manager in natural resources production.
What is the processing time for a work visa to enter Canada as a manager in natural resources production
For a Canadian work permit, it takes about 3 to 6 months to process. However, sometimes due to certain conditions like false or incorrect information, it can take longer time.
Finally ,immigrating to Canada as a manager in natural resources production is very simple and easy, all you need is to follow the steps and meet up with the requirements.