Most foreign nationals who desire to move to Canada as a manager in social community service always have good news because Canada is one of the best countries to work and live in.
As a manager in social community services you can immigrate to Canada if you meet the necessary requirement and also you can as well grab the opportunity of securing for yourself a Canadian permanent resident visa.
This article will guide you through all the necessary things you need in order to immigrate to Canada as a manager in social community services.
You will learn what managers in social community do, you will learn about the necessary steps and pathways involve to immigrate to Canada as a manager in social community services as well as the general and specific requirements needed.
In addition, you will also learn about the duties and responsibility of a manager in social community services.
Table of Contents
- What do managers in social community services do?
- Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a manager in social community services
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a manager in social community services
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a manger in social community services
- Frequently Asked Questions
Managers in social community services carries out activities of planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the programs and activities of social service and community agencies, correctional institutions, counselling departments, labour organizations, professional associations, political parties and non-governmental organizations.
Managers in social community and correctional services are employed under many job titles and positions. So, to qualify under the code of Manager in social community and correctional services, you can be employed or work as any of these job titles or position descriptions.
Every occupation on the Canadian NOC List is assigned a code and the code for those looking to migrate to Canada as a Manager in social community services is 0423.
Below are examples of job titles and positions you can work under the NOC code 0423 as a manager in social community services.
Managers in social community services who wants to immigrate to Canada under the NOC code 0423 can be employed under any of this job titles below;
- Aboriginal center manager
- Association director
- Association manager
- Bilateral relations manager – social services
- Chamber of Commerce administrator
- Child welfare services administrator
- Child-care centre administrator
- Children’s aid society director
- Community arts co-ordinator
- Community centre director
- Community centre manager
- Community programs director
- Community services director
- Consumer information director
- Correctional institution director
- Correctional rehabilitation society director
- Correctional services director
- Correctional treatment and training director
- Counselling services director
- Counselling services manager
- Detention center director
- Director of counselling
- Director of guidance services
- Director of operations – housing department
- Director of public welfare
- Environmental group director
- Family resources director
- Family services area manager
- Group home manager
- Guidance director
- Guidance services director
- Halfway house manager
- Homemaker services director – social services
- House of Commons chief clerk
- Income maintenance director
- International program director – cooperative
- Labour organization manager
- Legislative assembly clerk
- Government managers – health and social policy development and program administration (See 0411 Government managers – health and social policy development and program administration)
- Senior managers – health, education, social and community services and membership organizations (See 0014 Senior managers – health, education, social and community services and membership organizations)
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Managers in social community services Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the delivery of social and community service programs such as income maintenance, children’s aid and emergency housing services
- They manage the operations and activities of social and community centers, correctional facilities and detention centers
- Administer the programs of non-governmental organizations involved with social issues such as health care, human rights, consumer protection, international development and environmental protection
- Administer programs of membership organizations such as political parties, labour organizations, business and professional associations
- Establish administrative procedures to meet objectives set by board of directors or senior management
- Direct and advise professional and non-professional staff delivering services and programs to the general public and to the organization or association membership
- Plan, administer and control budgets for programs, equipment and support services
- Represent their respective organizations for the purpose of government liaison and media relations
- Participate in policy development by preparing reports and briefs for management committees and working groups
- Hire and provide training for professional and non-professional staff.
To immigrate to Canada as a manager in social community services you need to meet up with some or all of general and specific requirements before you can work in Canada as a manager in social community services.
General requirements to work in Canada
These are the requirements every intending immigrants to Canada must meet to work in Canada including managers in social community services;
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Work experience
- Your partner’s ability
In order to immigrate to Canada as a manager in social community services, you must prove that you have a working knowledge of the English language. To show this, you will take an exam for English proficiency test and reach a required Canadian language mark.
There is a certain age you must reach before you can immigrate to work in Canada. The minimum age to get a working permit in Canada is 18 years.
The minimum educational qualification required while immigrating to Canada as a manager in social community services is Completion of secondary school, additional qualification will give you placement.
It is very important that you are physically and mentally fit such that you can adapt to the weather, general environmental factor and working conditions while immigrating to Canada as a manager in social community services. Your medical fitness certificate will be required to authenticate this.
Work experience is very important while immigrating to Canada as a manager in social community services, it determines if your placement will be on entry level, part time and full time basis. Minimum of 1 year experience is usually required.
- Managers in social community services usually require a master’s degree in a social science or administrative discipline and Several years of experience in a related occupation, such as a community and social service worker, social or health policy researcher, consultant or program officer, probation or parole officer, or social worker.
- Managers of associations and membership organizations require extensive experience in a related occupation, trade or industry.
- Progression to senior management positions in social, community and correctional services is possible with additional training and experience.
To immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager, you will have to follow the important steps mention below;
Step 1 : Open an express entry profile
The first step towards immigrating to Canada as a manager in social community services is to open an express entry profile account. To do this you have to visit the IRCC website. Your account opening is free, however, you will have to pay an application fee of C$150
Step 2: Choose a program
When opening your express entry profile, you must have in mind the particular program you want to apply under. There are many options to choose from. The programs include:
- Canada Express entry
- Federal skilled worker program
- Provincial Nominee programs
- Federal skilled trade program
Step 3: Get a job offer from a Canadian employer
The next step to take as you want to immigrate to Canada a manager in social community services is to find a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. Your employer will have to get permission from the Labour Market Impact Assessment.
Step 4: Get an invitation to apply(ITA)
You will get an invitation to apply if you qualify for any program under the express entry system. You will be judged based on the Comprehensive Ranking System.
The CRS considers factors including age, language, work experience etc. You must keep your documents and application ready. This is because you have to apply within 60 days of receiving an invitation to apply.
Step 5: Submit your application with supporting documents
Once you have received an invitation to apply, you have only 60 days to submit your application and supporting documents. The supporting documents include a job offer letter, language proficiency test result, identity card, proof of funds which is CA$10,000, and work experience proof.
In addition to that, you must pay an application fee of CAD $150.
Step 6: Get your work permit
It takes about 2 weeks to process your work permit to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager.
So, prepare to enter Canada once you receive an email showing that your visa has been approved. You will get your work permit at a Canadian port of entry.
Step 7: Welcome to Canada
Finally, you can enter Canada once your application has been approved. Make sure to collect your work permit at a Canadian port of entry. Without this, you will not be permitted to work in Canada.
However, if your visa is not ready when you arrive in Canada, the officer at the port of entry will give you the date to come and collect it.
Therefore, once you have completed all the steps mention above, then you are ready to immigrate to Canada as a manager in social community services.
There are special immigration pathways or programs provided for all workers who want to immigrate to Canada. You can take advantage of these to come into Canada. The pathways include:
- Express entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Job offer
This is the easiest and simplest way to enter Canada as a worker. All you have to do is to open an express entry profile account and choose the correct profile. Under this you have three options to choose from. They are
- Federal skilled trades program
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
Though, to immigrate to Canada as an education policy manager, the best option for you is the Federal skilled worker program. With this program, you can get easy access to Canada once you meet the minimum requirements.
Provincial Nominee Program
You can immigrate to Canada as a manager in community services through the provincial nominee program. However, you must decide to live and work in the province that nominates you.
A provincial nominee program is a program organized by Canadian provinces for workers who want to settle in the province. All the provinces in Canada have their own provincial nominee programs.
Certain jobs in Canada are grouped as In-demands jobs by NOC. Therefore, you can have special access to immigrate to Canada as a manager in community services under this pathway.
You can check to know if your job is in the NOC lists of in-demand jobs. If it is in the list, then, you can apply to enter Canada as an education policy manager as it is an in demand job.
You can immigrate to Canada as a manager in community services if you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. However, before you can immigrate to Canada using a job offer, the Canadian employer must prove that no Canadian citizen or permanent residents can fill the position.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average salary of a manager in social and community services in Canada?
An entry-level Manager in social community services with less than 5 years of experience can expect to earn an average Salary of around $59000 whilst a Manager in social community services with mid-level experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $92400.
What is the time it takes to process your work visa ?
3 to 6 months is the processing time for a Canadian work visa to be ready.
Considering the availability of jobs in Canada, immigrating to Canada as a manager in social community services wont be a wrong choice to make.