In Canada, the transport industry is huge and that is why you can easily immigrate to Canada as a manager in transportation. For instance, think through that there is 6 000 km of road from one shore to another. As a result, both people and goods must be transported from one end of each shore to another.
One of the reasons thousands of jobs emanate in the transport industry is because there is a need to make sure people’s movements are not hindered, delayed or cut short, making them lose their precious time and money.
And so, if you have a penchant for the transportation industry and have what it takes to immigrate to Canada as a manager in transportation, then, we have good news for you.
Meanwhile, the country has employed over 13 million people, from driving buses to building cars to maintaining railways and ports.
We can do better on this subject matter by taking a closer look at it. Considerably, we will look at the duties, examples and qualifications you need to possess before immigrating to Canada as a transport manager. That is, in addition to the best possible ways you can easily do so. Have fun reading.
In this article
- Who is a Manager in Transportation?
- What are the main duties of managers in transportation?
- What are the requirements to work in Canada as a Manager in transportation?
- Requirements to Immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Transportation
- General Requirements to Work in Canada as a manager in transportation
- Pathways to Immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Transportation
- Express Entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- Job Offer
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Transportation
- Step 1: Apply for Express Entry
- Step 2: Choose a Program
- Step 3: Get a job
- Step 4: Receive an invitation to apply
- Step 5: Apply for a work permit
- Frequently Asked Question
Who is a Manager in Transportation?
Managers in transportation settings plan, establish, direct, control and appraise the set-ups of transportation companies including railways, airlines, bus lines, municipal transit systems, shipping lines and truck companies under the direction of a general manager or senior manager.
What are the main duties of managers in transportation?
Managers in transportation operations carry out some or all of the duties listed below:
Plan, establish, direct, control and appraise the tasks of a transport company
- Establish strategies and ethics, such as determining the safety measures for the handling of dangerous goods as well as making certain there is compliance with the transport code of practice
- Supervise dispatch of vehicles, vessels and aircraft
- Control the budget of the establishment or department
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the company or department, prepare reports for senior management and plan for changes to schedules.
- Hire staff and see to their training
Managers in transportation freight traffic carry out some or all of the duties listed below:
- Plan, organize, direct, control, evaluate the activities of companies or departments whose duties are to coordinate, arrange and monitor the transportation and movement of goods
- Organize for shipping documentation and oversee the scheduling and dispatching of goods as well as tracking and tracing of goods in transit
- Establish performance goals, supervise the setting of transportation services rates and also monitor revenue
- Develop plans and procedures for the transportation and storage of goods
- Discuss with movers, warehouse workers and insurance company agents for services and special rates
- Control the budget of the department
- Hire staff and see to their training.
What are the requirements to work in Canada as a Manager in transportation?
For managers in transportation operations, the requirements include:
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or engineering
- Some years of experience in transportation operations
- More experience as a supervisor and operator in a transport mode like a pilot, train engineer, vessel master or truck driver. Moreover, this may substitute for formal education
- Certification as an operator of a particular mode of transportation.
Also, for managers in transportation freight, the requirements include:
- Completion of secondary education
- A university degree or college diploma in business or transport management or administration
- Many years of clerical, operational or administrative experience relevant to freight traffic.
- #1 There is little or no flexibility between transportation managers and managers in transportation freight traffic.
- #2 There is little or no flexibility between transportation managers of land, sea and air transportation operations.
- Examples of jobs under the Manager in Transportation (0731)
As long as you qualify to immigrate to Canada under the NOC code 0731 managers in transportation, you can get so many jobs under the following titles and more:
- Airfreight manager
- Airline division manager
- Assistant general agent – railway
- Airline division superintendent
- Airline express manager
- Assistant superintendent – railway
- Airline fleet operations manager
- Airline manager
- Assistant traffic manager – transportation
- Airline superintendent
- Assistant transportation manager
- Bus company manager
- Cartage company manager
- Corporate traffic manager – transportation
- Corporate transportation manager
- Cruise ship line manager
- Current schedule planning manager – airline
- Director of logistics – transportation
- Director of transportation
- Distribution manager – logistics
- Distribution operations manager – logistics
- Ferry operations manager
- Flight operations director
- Flight schedulers manager
- Freight company manager
- Freight division manager, etc.
Besides, the employment outlook will be fair on managers in transportation with NOC 0721
Exclusions under immigrate to Canada as a managers in transportation
Although there are numerous job titles under the manager in transportation, there are other jobs that are excluded from the title. This means, if you emigrate to Canada as a manager in transportation, you cannot work in these areas using the same NOC code. Hence, the following are excluded:
- Airport managers, harbor masters and other managers in transport facilities (in 0714 Facility operations and maintenance managers)
- Senior transportation managers (in 0016 Senior managers – construction, transportation, production and utilities).
Requirements to Immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Transportation
As a foreigner who wants to emigrate to Canada as a manager in transportation, you must meet both the general and specific conditions. Meanwhile, the specific conditions have been listed above. Nevertheless, the general requirements are outlined and explained below in detail.
General Requirements to Work in Canada as a manager in transportation
Without a doubt, you must meet some basic requirements before you can be allowed to live and work in Canada. And they are:
- Arranged employment
- Educational requirements
- Work experience
- Your partner’s ability
Basically, you need proof of language proficiency for you to successfully live anywhere in Canada. What’s more, you must be able to communicate in English or French. As a result, you must pass one of the following language proficiency tests:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test de Connaissance du Français (TCF) Canada
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Test d’Evaluation de Français (TEF) Canada.
Also, your age has an influence on your immigration to Canada as a manager in transportation. Majorly, you must be up to 18 to qualify for a job in Canada. However, your employer’s age requirement may vary.
Arranged employment means that you have already arranged for a job position and gotten an offer to work in Canada.
Although gaining employment as a manager in the transportation industry does not involve much educational qualification, having work experience is compulsory. Essentially, the minimum work experience is one year, full-time experience in relevant fields.
Expectedly, you must know that the weather in Canada is different from your home country. Therefore, you must show a certificate of medical fitness to adapt to the Canadian weather.
Unarguably, the least educational requirement you can immigrate to Canada to work as a manager in transportation is a secondary school certificate. However, a bachelor’s or master’s degree will improve your CRS points.Immigrate to Canada as a Metal Products Machine Operator
Pathways to Immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Transportation
Interestingly, the Canadian government did not just provide massive employment to foreigners to live and work in the country, it provided the pathway to make it happen. For that reason, the following are different pathways you can immigrate to Canada as a manager in transportation:
This is the most common pathway that you can immigrate to Canada as a manager in transportation. Most decisively, immigration through express entry entails that you must meet every requirement we have earlier stipulated.
Hence, you must meet them all to qualify for the Express Entry system. However, the following programs are valid under the Express Entry system:
- Trades program
- Canada experience class
- A federal skilled worker
Provincial Nominee Programs
On the overall, each province in Canada is in charge of the provincial nomination of their respective provinces. Yet, you must meet their requirements for you to qualify for nomination.
If you meet the qualifications and the province nominates you, you are one step closer to your dream to immigrate to Canada as a manager in transportation.
Primarily, if you have received a job in any industry in Canada, you can immigrate to Canada as a manager in transportation. Not to forget, you must show your employment letter.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Transportation
Hopefully, to easily emigrate to Canada as a manager in transportation, you should check through these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Express Entry
Firstly, you will need to open an Express Entry account to enable you to receive updates on the program. On the other hand, you can visit the official website of IRCC to do so. Never mind, it is free.
Step 2: Choose a Program
Next, you will choose a program to help you immigrate to Canada as a manager in transportation. Most importantly, it must be a program in line with your job.
Step 3: Get a job
Thirdly, you will need to get a job offer from a Canadian employer. At this point, your employer will prove beyond reasonable doubt that you are equal to the task.
Step 4: Receive an invitation to apply
At this juncture, you will receive an invitation to apply for your immigration to Canada. This, you must do before the end of 60 days. Meanwhile, the application fee is CAD 150
Step 5: Apply for a work permit
Finally, you can apply for your work permit. Concernedly, you can get this in your home country or Canada.
Frequently Asked Question
What is the best province for managers in transportation to easily get a job offer?
To easily get a job offer as a manager in transportation, one of the strongest economies in Canada is Ontario.
Summarily, managers in transportation usually receive job offers under numerous job titles. Thus, to simply immigrate to Canada as a manager in transportation, just follow the information and steps we have put down for you.