Immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Utility Companies
To immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Utility Companies is very easy when you apply using the Express Entry or any of the provincial nominee programs (PNP).
Every Utility company in Canada needs a smart and skillful manager to help direct, organize and make sure every activities in the Company is working accordingly.
Therefore, if you think you have what it takes to work in Canada as a Manager in Utility companies, then hurry up, immigrate to Canada and enjoy this great opportunity.
When you immigrate to Canada as a manager in utility companies, you also have the opportunity to secure a permanent resident visa.
Basically, every occupation in Canada have a National Occupational classification code, and the NOC code for managers in utility companies is 0912.
In this article, we will explain in details all the comprehensive information you need to immigrate to Canada as a manager in utility companies.
You will also learn about the duties and responsibility of manager in utility companies and the examples of job positions or job titles under managers in utility companies.
In addition, you will learn the pathways and steps to follow when you want to immigrate to Canada as a manager in utility companies.
What do Managers in Utility Companies do?
Certainly, Managers in Utility companies plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of utility companies.
The services in which they provide includes treatment of water and waste, distribution of water, electricity, natural gas and heating oil to residential, commercial and industrial consumers. waste disposal and waste recycling.
They are employed in both public and private sector utilities companies in Canada.
Duties of Managers in Utility Companies
The following are the duties of managers in utility companies.
Water supply managers
- They Manage water filtration, purification processes and pumping operations, schedule and oversee the maintenance of plant equipment and prepare reports on water supply and water quality.
Electrical power distribution managers
- Manage the operations of electrical power distribution systems including generating stations, transmission stations and distribution networks. Also, they may also plan and direct the distribution activities of a municipal electrical power establishment.
Natural gas supply managers
- Manage the delivery of gas to consumers, monitor supply inventories and control the recording of injections and withdrawals.
Petroleum product distribution managers
- Plan and direct the distribution of heating oil products to retail distributors and regional storage sites.
Water pollution control managers
- Manage the operations of a sewage treatment plant, schedule and direct maintenance of plant equipment, and prepare reports on water quality.
Waste systems managers
- Manage solid or liquid waste collection and disposal systems, train drivers in how to handle waste and ensure safe operation of disposal facilities.
Examples of jobs under the NOC code 0912 of Managers in Utility Companies
Obviously, there are multiple examples of jobs titles or job positions for Managers in Utility Companies. As a manager in utility company you can be employed under any of this job titles in Canada.
- Director of waste management
- Compost facility manager
- Sewage treatment system director
- Compressor station manager
- Director of water pollution control
- Distribution network director – utilities
- Division manager – petroleum distribution
- generating plant manager
- Electric generating station manager
- power plant manager
- Electric power services manager
- Electrical power transmission operations director
- Gas distribution manager
- supply manager
- Gas supply operations manager
- Hydro-electric power production plant director
- power station director
- Distribution operations manager – utilities
- Irrigation district manager
- Landfill manager
- Liquid waste facility manager
- Nuclear waste manager
- Petroleum distribution manager
- Pipelines operations manager
- Public utilities manager
- Refined petroleum products distribution manager
- Sanitary sewer service manager
- Sewage disposal manager
- Distribution systems director – utilitie
- Sewage plant manager
- Sewage treatment plant manager
- Solid waste processing district manager
- Solid waste processing operations planning manager
- Transmission lines manager
- Transmission operations director – utilities
- Solid waste processing manager
Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Utility Companies
The following are the requirements you need to immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Utility Companies.
- A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in an appropriate discipline is required. For example, electrical engineering is required for managers of transmission lines, and water resource technology for water supply managers.
- Several years of experience as a supervisor in a related utilities operations department are required.
- A professional engineer certification is usually required for managers of utility operations involved in the transmission and distribution of electrical power, and natural gas and heating oil.
- Progression to senior management positions in the utility industry is possible with experience.
General requirements to immigrate to Canada as a worker
As a foreigner that wants to immigrate to Canada and work, there are general requirements you need to meet aside the specific requirements mention above. these general requirements are;
To work in Canada, you must provide a language proficiency test. For sure, it is proof that you can speak, listen, read and write either or both of the Canadian official languages which are English or French. Moreover, the two major acceptable languages are IELTS and TOEFL.
Additionally, for you to immigrate to Canada as a worker, you must be between 18 and 35 years.
precisely, the first educational requirement is your proof of secondary education. You also need a report from ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) to certify that your credentials are valid and meet the standards of those of Canada.
#4. Arranged employment
Decisively, with an arranged employment, you will score better points in the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System). And so, what this means is that if you have the opportunity of getting a job offer from a Canadian employer, you have a good chance of immigrating to Canada.
It is important to note that you must show proof that you can adapt to the Canadian weather and this must be medically ascertained.
#6. Work experience
At least one year of previous work experience will enable you to immigrate to Canada and work with no stress at all.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Utility Companies
However, to immigrate to Canada, there are several pathways to immigrate to Canada as a manager in utility companies. This pathways are;
- Express Entry
- Provincial Nominee Program
- In-demand occupation
- Job offer
Basically, this is the easiest way to immigrate to Canada as a manager in utility companies. In addition, it offers different programs for you to make a healthy choice. The programs are:
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program
Therefore, you can make your choice based on your experience and qualifications.
Provincial Nominee Program
Each province in Canada has a provincial program to enable foreign workers to immigrate to the province. Similarly, each province has its own specific conditions that you must meet. You must also have in mind that you will live and work in the province for a few years before you can decide to live elsewhere.
This is the fastest means for you to immigrate to Canada as a manager in utility companies. If you have a job offer, therefore, you can use it as a pathway to easily move to Canada. Consequently, your employer must prove that you are equal to the task.
Many of the jobs in Canada are classified as in-demand jobs. Interestingly, it means that there are eligible to get a job in Canada as a senior manager in financial services. As a result of this in demand jobs, employers are seeking foreign workers to fill the vacant positions.Immigrate to Canada as a Tool And Die Maker
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Utility Companies
STEP 1: Create Express Entry profile online
You need to complete an online form on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)’s website.
Undoubtedly, filling out this online form makes it possible for you to create an Express Entry profile.
STEP 2: Select a pathway and apply
In addition, you must choose an immigration pathway between Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).
Regardless of your immigration pathway, it is vital for you to update and submit your Express Entry profile on time.
If Provincial Nominee Program is your chosen pathway, you need to request for nomination from your preferred province or territory in Canada and update its information on your Express Entry profile upon acceptance.
STEP 3: Receive ITA and apply for permanent residency
Subsequent to submitting your Express Entry profile, you need to wait until you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residency (PR) to Canada.
Therefore, you must apply for your PR within 60 days of recovering the invitation.
Besides, your permanent residency application must contain certain documents.
These include medical exams report, proof of fund(s), police clearance certificate, birth certificate, marriage certificate/divorce certificate, among others.
STEP 4: Move to Canada
Once you followed all this steps mention, then you are free to immigrate to Canada as a Manager in Utility Companies.
Frequently Asked Question
What is the NOC code for managers in utility companies in Canada?
The NOC code for managers in utility companies in Canada is 0912.
Interestingly, with this full comprehensive guide provided for you, you will be able to immigrate to Canada as a manager in utility companies if you meet up with the requirements.