Have you been wondering if you can immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker? The answer is yes. Persons who work as nursery greenhouse workers and other related job descriptions can immigrate to Canada.
No doubt, Canada being one of the biggest economic and industrial country in the world needs labor to help maintain its standards, and by so doing it creates employment opportunity for eligible workers around the world that wants to move to Canada as nursery greenhouse worker.
So, if you know you are qualified and capable to work and assist in textile processing then you are welcome to relocate to Canada and start a new life. You can as well become a permanent resident if you meet up all the requirements needed.
Therefore, this article will enlighten you on everything you need to know about immigrating to Canada, you will learn what nursery greenhouse workers do, as well as their main duties and requirements.
Also, you will learn about the steps and pathways involved to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker.
In this article
- What do nursery greenhouse workers do?
- Main duties of a nursery greenhouse worker
- Examples of jobs under nursery greenhouse worker
- Requirements to work in Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker
- Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker
- General Requirements
- Specific requirements
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker
- 1. Express entry
- 2. Provincial Nominee Program
- 3. In-demand jobs
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker
- Step 1. Open an express entry account
- Step 2. Choose a program
- Step 3. Find a job in Canada
- Step 4. Receive an invitation to apply
- Step 5. Submit your application with supporting documents
- Step 6. Get your work permit
- Step 7: Welcome to Canada
- Frequently Asked Questions
What do nursery greenhouse workers do?
Nursery and greenhouse workers plant, cultivate and harvest trees, shrubs, flowers, and plants, and serve nursery and greenhouse customers. Moreover, every occupation on the Canadian National code (NOC) list code, and the code for those looking to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker is 8432. They are employed in indoor and outdoor nurseries and greenhouses.
Main duties of a nursery greenhouse worker
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare soil; plant bulbs, seeds, and cuttings; graft and bud plants; and transplant seedlings and rooted cuttings
- Monitor plants for healthy growth and potential weed, insect, disease, and fertilizer problems in greenhouse crops
- Spray trees, shrubs, flowers, and plants to prevent disease and pests
- Position and regulate greenhouse and outdoor irrigation systems to water plants and fields
- Dig, cut, and transplant trees, shrubs, flowers, and plants and prepare them for sale
- Provide information to customers on gardening, the use of various garden tools and products, and the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants, and lawns
- May operate tractors and other machinery and equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest, and spray fields and plants
- Maintain inventory and order materials as required
- Clean working areas.
Examples of jobs under nursery greenhouse worker
- cannabis trim worker
- cannabis trimmer
- Christmas tree shearer
- Christmas tree trimmer
- forest assistant nursery
- forest nursery worker
- greenhouse worker
- grower – cannabis
- hand sprayer – greenhouse
- horticulture worker
- horticulturist helper
- hothouse worker
- hydroponics worker
- interior plant-scaper
- nursery worker
- plant propagator – greenhouse or nursery
- tree grafter – nursery
Requirements to work in Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Completion of college courses in horticulture or a related field may be required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- A provincial license to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides, and pesticides may be required.
Exclusions of jobs under nursery greenhouse worker
- Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance, and horticulture services
- General farmworkers
- Harvesting laborers
- Landscaping and grounds maintenance laborers
- Managers in horticulture
- Silviculture and forestry workers
Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker
Various requirements must be met to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker.
Here are some of them:
The following are the general requirements to work in Canada, therefore to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker, you must meet the following requirements. They include:
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Arranged employment/job offer
- Work experience
All immigrants in Canada must have proficiency in the English language. Without this, you cannot work in Canada. Therefore, as a nursery greenhouse worker in Canada, you must show proficiency in the English language.
To get this, you can take an internationally recognized exam. Some of them include IELTS, TOEFL, and Duolingo.
The required age to work in Canada is between 18 and 65 years. Therefore, before immigrating to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker, you must at least be within the age of 18 to 65 years.
Before immigrating to Canada, you must have completed your secondary school or college education. However, for certain jobs, the requirements include college or university education.
Therefore, to be taken to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker, you must check particular education requirements for your job.
4. Arranged employment/job offer
If you can arrange a job or you’re offered a job in Canada, it will make your immigration process easier. But before you can get the job, you must meet the requirements for the job.
Another requirement to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker is that you must prove your adaptability in Canada. To do this, you must provide medical proof that you can adapt to Canadian weather and working culture.
6. Work experience
Your work experience in Canada can so much help you immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker. Therefore, if you’re dreaming of moving to Canada, you can use your work experience in Canada.
There are some specific requirements you must meet if you want to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker. The specific requirements include:
- Completion of college or secondary school education.
- You will need some months or years of on-the-job training to gain some experience in working as a nursery greenhouse worker.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker
There are many programs to use to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker. They include:
- Express entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
1. Express entry
This is one of the easiest pathways to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker, pathway has many programs under it. Therefore, any of these programs can be chosen. However, before choosing a program, you must meet the requirements to be eligible for that program. There are three programs under the express entry. They include:
- Canada experience class
- A federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program
2. Provincial Nominee Program
Aside from the express entry system, you can still go through the provincial nominee program. This program could be organized by any province in Canada. Therefore, if your wish is to live in a particular province, you should enroll in the program organized by that province. However, before using a particular program, you must meet the requirements for that program.
3. In-demand jobs
In-demand jobs in Canada are jobs where employers request foreign workers to fill the vacant positions. Therefore, if you meet the requirements for jobs like that, you can then apply for the job as an in-demand job.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker
Before immigrating to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker, you must follow these steps below:
Step 1. Open an express entry account
This is the first step to immigrating to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker. It involves opening an account with the IRCC. This is known as an express entry profile. Without this account, you cannot receive updates from the IRCC. Therefore, you must have an express entry profile.
Step 2. Choose a program
The second step after creating your profile is to choose the program you want to use. This is very important because the program you choose determines if you will be successful or not. Before choosing a program, make sure you know the requirements. The programs include :
- Canada Experience Class
- Federal skilled trade program
- A federal skilled worker program
- Provincial Nominee programs
- Quebec Experience Class
- Quebec skilled worker program
Step 3. Find a job in Canada
If it is possible, get yourself a job. This job helps you to immigrate to Canada easily. Finding a job is another way of making sure that your immigration process works out smoothly.
Step 4. Receive an invitation to apply
The next step is receiving an invitation to apply from the IRCC. However, this depends on your score in the comprehensive ranking system (CRS). Therefore, if you do not receive an invitation, it means that you are not eligible.
Step 5. Submit your application with supporting documents
If you have received an invitation to apply, it means you have a limited time to send a reply. Therefore, you have to make sure that your application and supporting documents are ready.
This is because you have only 60 days to send this application. In addition to this, you will also have to submit an application fee of CAD 150.
Step 6. Get your work permit
After submitting your application, the next thing is to expect a reply from the IRCC within 28 days. However, this reply does not mean that you will get your work permit immediately. This is because you will only get the permit once you’ve arrived in Canada.
Step 7: Welcome to Canada
Finally, the last step is arriving in Canada. This is the stage where you get your work permit. Therefore, do not forget to collect your work permit from the immigration officer at the Canadian port of entry.Immigrate to Canada as a Science Policy Researcher
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the NOC code for nursery greenhouse workers in Canada?
The NOC code for nursery greenhouse workers in Canada is 8432.
Is it possible for me to work as a nursery greenhouse worker in Canada?
Yes, you certainly can! Nursery greenhouse workers are eligible to move to Canada under code 8432 on the Canadian NOC List.
We hope that our information on how to immigrate to Canada as a nursery greenhouse worker was helpful and that traveling to Canada soon will not be complicated.
Despite the fact that many nursery greenhouse workers have migrated to Canada in recent years, nursery greenhouse workers are still in high demand across Canada, on both a national and provincial level.