With just an apprenticeship program and high school certificate you can immigrate to Canada as a painter. Moreover, many have used In-demand jobs and valid job-offers to immigrate to Canada as a painter.
Therefore, considering to immigrate to Canada as a painter from your country is now very easy with certain Canadian pathway programs
Moreover, the job of a painter in Canada earns you much income with just a few requirements to immigrate to Canada as a painter.
Yet, even if you are not under any employer’s demand in Canada, the unique skills you have as a painter and exhibits at work are enough to make you self employed in Canada. Hence, many foreigners immigrate to Canada as a painter to be self-employed.
However, it won’t be so easy to immigrate to Canada as a painter without knowing the requirements to provide and the steps to follow to achieve your immigration.
For this reason, this article states and explains the requirements and steps to follow and achieve your aim of immigrating to Canada as a painter.
Table of Contents
- What does a painter do in Canada?
- Examples of painter under NOC 7294
- Main duties of a painter in Canada
- Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a painter
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a painter
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a painter
- Frequently Asked Questions
What does a painter do in Canada?
You immigrate to Canada as a painter and decorator to apply paint, wallpaper and other finishes to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings and other structures.
Moreover, they are employed by construction companies, painting contractors and building maintenance contractors, or they may be self-employed.
Examples of painter under NOC 7294
There are some examples of painter’s work titles under NOC 7294 for those who immigrate to Canada as a painter. Those titles are:
- apprentice industrial painter and decorator
- commercial construction painter
- apprentice painter and decorator
- bridge painter
- building painter
- commercial building painter
- construction paper
- house painter
- industrial construction painter
- industrial maintenance painter
- journeyman/woman painter and decorator
- maintenance painter
- painter and decorator apprentice
- painter and decorator
- plant maintenance painter
- residential construction painter
- residential painter
- roof painter
- painter and paperhanger
- rough painter – construction
- specialized painter and decorator
Job Exclusions from painter
Some jobs are related to painter jobs but are excluded from the painter’s work. Therefore, if you immigrate to Canada as a painter, you don’t go for the following jobs below:
- Automotive painters (See 7322 Motor vehicle body repairers)
- Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators (See 9536 Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators)
- Interior decorators (See 5242 Interior designers and interior decorators)
- Painters, sculptors and other visual artists (See 5136 Painters, sculptors and other visual artists)
- Supervisors of painters and decorators (See 7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers)
Main duties of a painter in Canada
When you immigrate to Canada as a painter, you are going to do any of the following works below as your main work
- Read specifications to determine quantities of materials required
- Prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding, sandblasting, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning; remove old wallpaper and loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls; and sandpaper and apply sealer
- Mix and thin paint to obtain desired colour and texture
- Apply paint or other materials, such as stains, lacquer, enamel, oil, varnish, fibreglass, metal coating or fire retardant using brushes, rollers or spray equipment
- May provide cost estimates to clients.
- Measure, cut and apply wallpaper or fabric to walls
- Assemble and erect scaffolding and swing stages
- May advise customer on selection of colour schemes and choice of wall coverings
Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a painter
If you want to immigrate to Canada as a painter or as a foreign worker, you will have to meet two categories of requirements which are general and specific requirements.
General requirements to work in Canada
Every immigrant who wants to work in Canada must meet these general requirements in order to immigrate to Canada. Therefore, general requirements to immigrate to Canada are:
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Arranged employment
- Work experience
- Your partner’s ability
The proof of your language proficiency is required therefore, language is one of the requirements to Immigrate to Canada as a painter.
Moreover, you can take any of the language proficiency tests below in order to immigrate to Canada as a painter.
- International English language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as Foreign language (TOEFL)
- Canadian English language proficiency index program
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- The Canadian test of English for scholars and trainees
- Test de connaissance du Français Canada (TCF).
You should be up to 18 years before you can immigrate to Canada as a painter. So if you have not reached the Canadian working age, you cannot work in Canada. Therefore, the working age in Canada is 18 years.
Another requirement is education requirements. For you to work in Canada, you must at least have a high school certificate or its equivalent in order to qualify as a Canadian worker.
#4: Arranged employment
If you can arrange employment with a Canadian employer, it becomes easy for you to immigrate to Canada as a painter. However, your employer must get a certification from the Labour Market Impact Assessment. In addition to that, you must also be the best candidate for the job.
Your adaptability to the Canadian weather can also help you while immigrating to work in Canada as a mail postal worker. Apart from that, you must be able to adapt to the demands of the job. Therefore, before you can move to Canada as a painter, you must have a medical checkup to determine your fitness.
#6: Work experience
You need work experience as it is basically needed if you want to immigrate to Canada as a painter. Moreover, if you don’t prove your competency, you may not be able to do the work efficiently hence will not get an opportunity to be employed.
#7: Your partner’s skills
Your partner’s skills are also necessary to boost your comprehensive ranking system(CRS) score. Moreover, your partner’s skills also matter to your immigration success.
Therefore, your partner’s age, education, and other qualifications are needed to qualify you.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a painter
Regardless of the general requirements, there is a specific requirement you must meet to immigrate to Canada as a painter. Therefore, you must meet this requirement below:
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or
- Over three years of work experience in the trade is usually required to be eligible for trade certification
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Trade certification for painters and decorators is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified painters and decorators upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a painter
There are many pathway programs you can use to immigrate to Canada as a painter. This pathways have five options which are:
- Express entry program
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Job offer
- Quebec Experience Class
This program is the most common and easiest pathway to immigrate to Canada as a painter. Moreover, the express entry program has three other programs under it. And each of these three programs under it has requirements.
However, you must meet the requirements for whichever program you choose among the three programs available in this entry.
Therefore, before you select any program, check to know if you meet the program requirements. Meanwhile, the three programs under the express entry system are:
- Federal skilled trades program
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
Provincial Nominee Program
If you do not want to use the express entry, you can use the PNP. This is equivalent to the express entry. However, this program is managed by the provincial governments.
Therefore, if you meet the requirements for this program, you can apply for it. However, you must be ready to live and work in the province that nominates you.
In addition to that, you must be ready to adapt to the weather and work conditions of the province.
Immigrating to Canada as a painter may not be easy but with a valid job offer, you can move to Canada easily. However, before you can use this pathway, there are certain conditions your employer must fulfill.
First of all, the Canadian employer must get a clearance from the LMIA. Secondly, the employer must prove that you are the best candidate for the job. In addition, you must meet all the requirements for the job.
If painting is an in-demand job in Canada. It is easy to immigrate to Canada as a painter by using an in-demand program.
Quebec Experience Class
Also you can use this program to immigrate to Canada as a painter if you wish to settle in Quebec. Therefore, when you plan to live and be working in Quebec, then, this program is for you.
However, there are specific requirements you must meet before using this program. For instance, you must prove your proficiency in French language.
Secondly, you must meet the requirements for working in Quebec. Then, you must be able to adapt to the weather conditions of Quebec.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a painter
Once you know the steps required to immigrate to Canada as a painter it would be easy for you. Therefore, below are the steps to guide you on how you can begin processing to immigrate to Canada as a painter
- The first step is to check your eligibility for Canada’s express entry.
- Secondly, you need to create an express entry profile account and submit an express entry required documents in your profile online.
- Thirdly, you are required to apply for Canada’s working visa permit as soon as you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
- Then you must send your application within sixty days.
- Thereafter, you wait until your application is approved or declined. This often takes about six months.
- If your application gets approval, you can start preparing to immigrate to Canada as a painter.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the application fee cost?
Your application fee cost is $150
Must I use only a job offer to immigrate to Canada as a painter?
No. There are other entry options you can use outside job offers to immigrate to Canada as a painter.
What is the average salary of a painter in Canada?
The average painter salary in Canada is $40,237 per year or $20.63 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $34,807 per year.
What is the processing time for a work visa to enter Canada as a painter?
The processing time for a Canadian work visa is a minimum of 3 months.
You now see it is not a difficult thing to immigrate to Canada as a painter hence you can proceed with your plans to immigrate to Canada as a painter.