Have you been dreaming of immigrating to Canada as a patternmaker? Yes, if you are a qualified and skillful patternmaker, you will be welcomed in Canada to start a fresh life.
In order to be more diversified, the Canadian government observed the necessity of bringing experienced people that can handle textile, leather and fur product in the country as patternmakers
Also,some pathway programs has been established and made available as a medium through which people can immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker
Meanwhile, Canada as an industrial country has been ranked one of the largest world economy
Over the past few years, experienced and skillful workers have been immigrating to Canada for job opportunities but despite that, people who wish to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker still have a maximum opportunity in the country.
However, this article will elucidate the approaches through which one can immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker, the requirements,the pathway programs and the systematic steps through which one can successfully immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker.
In this article
- Who is a patternmaker
- Examples of jobs Under NOC 5245- Patternmaker
- Main duties of a patternmaker in Canada
- Requirements for immigrating to Canada as a patternmaker
- Specific Requirements
- General Requirements
- Pathway programs for immigrating to Canada a Patternmaker
- Express entry program
- Provinces Nominee programs
- In-demand occupations
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker
- Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a patternmaker
As a qualified patternmaker, you will be fully aware of your job description in order to stand firm when you immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker.
However, under NOC 5245- Patternmakers in textile, leather and fur products create master patterns for the production of garments, footwear and other textile, leather or fur products.
They are employed by pattern manufacturers, textile, leather or fur products manufacturers, or they may be self-employed.
Examples of jobs Under NOC 5245- Patternmaker
Some related jobs are grouped Under the same NOC schedule
Therefore,if you successfully immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker you can take any of these jobs.
The following are the illustrative examples of jobs under this group:
- canvas goods pattern designer and patternmaker
- canvas layer-out – textile products
- doper and marker
- lay-out and patternmaker
- embroidery patternmaker
- canvas pattern designer
- cartoon embroidery enlarger
- digitizer operator – textile, leather and fur products
- doper – fabric products
- canvas goods maker
- dress patternmaker
- fur garment patternmaker
- fur products patternmaker
- garment patternmaker
- last-pattern grader
- modifier and lay-out marker
- men’s and women’s wear patternmaker
- modifier and marker
- pattern designer and patternmaker – textile, leather and fur products
- layer-out and patternmaker
- pattern grader
- pattern marker
- fur patternmaker
- pattern marker – fabric products
- pattern modifier
- shoe patternmaker
- pattern modifier – textile, leather and fur products
- textile mark remover
- patternmaker – computer assisted
- patternmaker – textile products
- sail maker
- leather products patternmaker
- textile marker-down
- patternmaker – textile, leather and fur products
- sail lay-out and patternmaker
- shoe-last patternmaker
- textile identification mark remover
- canvas patternmaker
- textile products patternmaker
Some jobs are excluded from this group
Meanwhile, if cannot engage on this jobs using the same NOC code
The example include:
- Supervisors, textile, fabric, fur and leather products processing and manufacturing
- Supervisors, textile, fabric, fur and leather products processing and manufacturing
Main duties of a patternmaker in Canada
If you want to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker, you should know you will be up to when you immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker.
However, under this group, Patternmakers performs the following duties:
- Examine sketches, samples of articles and specifications of designs to determine number, size and shape of pattern parts and assess the amount of cloth required to make a product
- Draw, lay out and cut master patterns of products
- Outline parts of patterns on paper and mark patterns to indicate details such as the placement of pockets and pleats on garments, decorative stitching on shoe parts or eyelets on canvas products
- Create pattern size variations from master patterns using computer or drafting instruments, or forward patterns to computer operator to create pattern size variations
- Lay out master patterns on fabric and cut sample patterns
- Mark size, identification, style and sewing instructions on sample patterns.
Requirements for immigrating to Canada as a patternmaker
Generally, there are some Requirements needed to meet before you think of immigrating to Canada as a patternmaker
However, these requirements are divided into two which are the specific requirements and the general requirements.
Specifically,some Requirements can be applicable only to those who wish to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker
Therefore, if you want to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker, you should meet up with the following Requirements:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- College courses in design and patternmaking or
- One to two years of on-the-job training are required.
- Courses in computer-assisted patternmaking may be required.
Also,Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
In general note, there are some requirements that are applicable to all the people who want to immigrate to Canada for employment purposes.
So, if you are planning to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker, you must meet the general Requirements
The following are the general requirements:
- Language proficiency
- Educational qualification
- Work experience
- Partner’s ability
In the first place, before you immigrate to Canada and become a patternmaker, you must prove your language proficiency through different language examinations which will determine your language strength.
However, The official language in Canada is English and French
Owing to that, you must be able to score high in the language examination or test if you want to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker
The following are the language test examinations:
- International English language testing System (IELTS)
- Canadian English language proficiency index program
- Pearson test of English (PTE)
- Test de connaissance du Français Canada (TCF)
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- The Canadian test of English for scholars and trainees
Basically, age is one of the general requirements for anyone aspiring for immigrating to Canada to secure a job
However, you will have to reach the Canadian legal age which is 18 years and above for you to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker.
This implies that, before you immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker, you must be 18 or above.
Of Course, educational qualification is a fundamental requirement for people who aspire to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker.
Furthermore, for you to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker, you should at least complete your Secondary school education or obtain a high school diploma
Interestingly,you partner’s skills is also necessary as a basic requirement to increase your competitive ranking system(CRS) score
Moreover, your partner’s skills also matter to your immigration success when you are in the process of immigrating to Canada as a patternmaker..
However, your partner’s age, education, and other qualifications are required as well.
Of Course, to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker,you will need to prove that you will adapt with Canadian weather and working conditions
Therefore, adaptability is a basic requirement for immigrating to Canada as a patternmaker.
On your plans to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker, remember to include your work experience.
In addition, this work experience will help you to win the confidence of your employer
Therefore, for you to prove your competency and expertise, your experience matters to your employer.
Pathway programs for immigrating to Canada a Patternmaker
There are pathway programs established to as people who wish to immigrate to Canada for employment
However, these programs are the options you will choose inline with your occupation and purpose of immigrating to Canada.
The following are the pathway programs for immigrating to Canada:
Therefore, you can immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker using any of the following programs:
Express entry program
Express entry program is the most simple and common pathway program to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker
However, you must choose the best program among the option in the express entry program which includes:
- Federal Skilled Worker program
- Federal Skilled trades program and
- Canada experience class
Obviously, the Express entry program is the easiest pathway to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker.
In other words, if you want to immigrate to Canada through this program, you will have to choose the correct option that matches your occupation.
Of Course,, your request may be considered by IRCC once you meet up with the requirements
In addition, the Express entry program is the fastest way to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker, this is because it doesn’t take much time to process.Immigrate to Canada as a Labourer In Metal Fabrication
Provinces Nominee programs
Generally, Provincial Nominee program is an organized program established by Canadian Provinces to assist the immigrants that are coming to their Province to work
Respectively, all these Provinces has their qualifications for immigrants differs from one another
However, if you want to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker through the Provincial Nominee program, you will choose the Province you would like to work in.
Hopefully, you can easily apply for a permanent residency through the Provincial nominee programs(PNPs) as you are a Provincial worker.
The following are the examples of provincial nominee programs:
- New founded Labrador provincial nominee program (NLNP)
- Alberta immigration nominee program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial nominee program (MPNP)
- Prince Edward Island provincial nominee program (PEI PNP)
- Northwest Territories nominee program (NTNP)
- Yukon nominee program (YNP)
- Saskatchewan immigration nominee program (SINP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial nominee program (NSNP)
Also, you can immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker through the National Occupational Classification(NOC) lists which will expose the jobs in demand in Canada.
Moreover, when you find your occupation or job in the NOC code list, you can apply directly to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker
Respectively, there are steps to follow, while planning for immigrating to Canada as a patternmaker
Firstly, on the process to immigrate to Canada you will open an Express entry profile/account
However, this account is free of charge but will visit the IRCC official website for the opening.
Secondly, you will choose a program. Among the three programs in the express entry, you will choose the correct option that will best suit your occupation as a patternmaker.
Thirdly, get a job offer from a Canadian employer. When you get a job offer, your employer has a lot of role to play on your immigration struggles
Fourthly, get a notification to apply. Successfully, you will get an invitation to apply after you satisfied the immigration administrators with your CRS Score
However, you will submit the application within 60 days from the date of the invitation.
The letter of application may cost you $150 only
Finally, apply and get your work permit. Once you do these things, you can immigrate to Canada safely
In addition, you can get your work permit at the Canadian port of entry.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average salary of a patternmaker in Canada?
The average pay for a patternmaker per hour in Canada is C$18.04
In conclusion, people who immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker will be opportune to be a permanent resident
However, this article will help anyone aspiring to immigrate to Canada as a patternmaker.