Are you a talented branding consultant wanting to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant? If yes, assuredly your dream is on its way to becoming a reality.
Undoubtedly, Canada Is filled with public figures who are concerned about how to develop, improve, maintain, reinvent, and manage their public identity.
Hence, they are on the constant lookout for consultants that can help them improve their personality, and give their figure a sharp and defined reputation over time.
Therefore, you can immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant to give celebrities a unique public figure.
Interestingly, your salary as a personal branding consultant is attractive. Averagely, you can earn up to an annual salary of $69,293. However, at an expert level, you can earn $110,00 in a year.
In this article, we will guide you on the requirements, pathways, and steps to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant.
Who is a personal branding consultant?
Without a doubt, a personal branding consultant is an expert who assists individuals to grow, shape and define their reputation. Majorly, they are passionate about helping and branding other people to suit their publicity and personality.
Assuredly, image, social, and personal consultants advise clients on their speaking style, personal appearance, behaviors, or manners to improve their business or personal images. Oftentimes, they are employed by fashion boutiques, beauty salons, image consulting companies, modeling schools, and weight loss centers.
Not only can you be an employee when you immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant, but also be self-employed. Meaning you can own your own branding consulting company.
Most importantly, Any occupation without a Canadian NOC code cannot be undertaken by foreigners in Canada. Good news! Personal branding consultation is part of the Canadian NOC list and is assigned code 6561. Thus, you can immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant
Main duties of a personal branding consultant
These are the duties of jobs under the Canadian NOC code ‘6561’. However, note that these duties are grouped into image consultants, color consultants, wedding consultants, and weight loss consultants.
- Image consultants advise clients on hairstyles, hair color, make-up, clothing, and accessories. Also, they may advise on general appearance, posture, and manners, likewise provide courses and seminars on business and social etiquette.
- Make-up consultants advise clients on color, application, and type of makeup.
- Color consultants advise clients on the choice of clothing color that will complement their appearance.
- Wedding consultants advise clients on the selection of wedding gowns. As well as wedding invitations, floral arrangements, banquet facilities, and other items related to weddings.
Weight loss consultants
- Weight loss consultants administer commercial weight-loss programs. Also, they advise clients on exercise and diet. Then, provide related support services.
Job prospects for personal branding consultants
Theses are the job prospects under the NOC code 6561
- Corporate image consultant
- Etiquette consultant
- Wardrobe and fashion consultant
- Fashion color analyst
- color consultant
- Fashion consultant
- Image consultant
- Image coordinator
- Make-up consultant
- Personal image consultant
- Personal image counselor
- improvement consultant
- style co-ordinator
- Personal wardrobe consultant
- Professional image consultant
- Public image consultant – personal consultants
- Public speaking consultant
- Social consultant
- Wardrobe consultant
- Wedding consultant
- Wedding services consultant
- Weight loss adviser
- Weight loss consultant
Requirements to work in Canada as a personal branding consultant
Not only do foreigners choose Canada as the country they prefer to establish a career, but also where they want to start a family. Therefore, the Canadian government has set some working rules for foreigners who wish to immigrate to Canada as personal branding consultants or in otherher occupations in order to ensure that only qualified and certified individuals can work in Canada.
The following are the requirements to work in Canada as a personal branding consultant
- You must be educated!. While the minimum educational requirement for you to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant is secondary Education. However, the truth is that client wants an educated consultant to give them advice on their branding. Hence, it is better to have a university degree.
- It is no longer news that the official language of Canada is French and English. That means, your client will either be English-speaking or French-speaking Canadian. Therefore, you must get acquainted with the official language, to be able to work in Canada.
- Your age must be between 18 to 44. Naturally speaking no one wants an underage or an old branding consultant. So, to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant you must be of Canadian working age.
Note that, the following groups are excluded from NOC code 6561, and thus, can’t immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant under code 6561. However, the codes specific to the job titles of the excluded job are further given.
- Cosmeticians and manicurists ( However, see 6562 Estheticians, electrologists, and related occupations)
- Hairstylists and barbers (However, see 6341 Hairstylists and barbers)
- Modeling school instructors (see 4216 Other instructors)
- Other personal service occupations (See 6564 Other personal service occupations.
Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant
The following are the requirements to immigrate to Canada. Also, be aware that there are general and specific requirements for you to be able to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant
General requirements immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant
Starting with the general requirement, there are various general requirements for you to meet to have successful immigration. They are language requirements, education requirements, work experience, and age requirements.
As it has been stated earlier, you must be able to communicate in your client’s official language I.e English or French. Therefore, there are lists of language proficiency tests you can take to prove that you can communicate in the Canadian official language. They are as follows
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) assessment
- Duolingo English Test (DET)
- Test de Connaissance du Français Canada (TCF Canada)
- Test d’Evaluation de Français Canada (TEF Canada)
You must be learned, and the least qualification you must have is a secondary Education. However, try to have a good qualification because it will boost your chances of getting hired when you immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant.
For sure, no celebrity will want to hire a newbie. That is why you must have valuable work experience before you can immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant. Therefore, the minimum work experience you should have is one year, which could either be one year of full-time work or a part-time work experience that is equivalent to 1 year.
As stated earlier, you must be between the age of 18 to 44 before you can immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant. However, if they’re between the ages of 20 to 29, you will stand a better chance of immigrating.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant
You need to know that personal branding consultancy is an occupation that requires professionalism. For you to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant you must specifically meet these requirements before you will stand a chance
- Specialized training courses for color consultants. Likewise, make-up and skincare consultants, weight loss consultants, and most other occupations are available in this unit group.
- Experience and expertise in modeling, fashion, art, or related fields
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant
There are different pathways and many programs for you to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant. Check through below!
- Express entry
- Provincial nominee programs
- Job offer
Express entry is one of the easiest pathways to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant. It has many programs under it and you can choose any of them.
- A federal skilled worker program
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled trades program
However, you need to ensure that you can meet all requirements for the program you are going for before making your choice.
#Provincial nominee program
Good news! Not only can you immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant through Express entry but also through provincial nominee program. Therefore, if you wish to live and work in a province of your choice, you can proceed to apply. However, you must ensure that you satisfy all the working and living requirements in that province.
Without a doubt, this specific immigration pathway is peculiar for top-notch personal branding consultants. Once you are offered employment, you can tender your employment letter for validation.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant
The following are the steps for you to take to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant.
Step 1: Firstly, you have to decide on the pathway for your Immigration. Your could either utilize the provincial nominee program or Express entry. However, if you wish to immigrate to Canada as a personal branding consultant through a job offer, you should send and tender your application letter.
Step 2: Secondly, you must open and submit an Express Entry profile. However, ensure to register through the official IRCC website. But if you apply through the provincial nomination, you have to register for a nomination in a particular Canadian territory.
Step 3: Shortly after your application, if your application is successful, you will get an invitation to apply for permanent residency
Step 4: Lastly, you must apply for permanent residency in Canada. But ensure you apply within 60 days with supporting documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I create a powerful personal brand?
Definitely, you can create a powerful personal brand when you follow these steps
- Firstly, must craft your brand vision
- Secondly, decide what you want to be known for
- Thirdly, define your audience
- Then, develop a consistent message
- Likewise, be authentic
- Also, create your website
- Lastly, build your social media presence
A personal branding consultancy career in Canada is exciting. There are different celebrities in Canada that can hire you. But ensure that you are well spiced and unique in your styles