You can easily immigrate to Canada as a physicist if you have your master’s or doctorate degree in physics. Moreover, many have used different Canadian immigration pathways like In-demand jobs and valid job offers to immigrate to Canada as a physicist.
Therefore, taking your decision to immigrate to Canada as a physicist from your country is now very easy with certain available Canadian pathway programs.
Moreover, both the government, companies, and different educational institutes in Canada place frequent demands for the services of physicists. This is as regards to the advances and increase in science and technological demand of people of which physicists can offer. Therefore, these have made the work of physicists so important in Canada that many immigrate to Canada as a physicist.
In addition, the job of a physicist in Canada brings much income and is capable of earning specialists a permanent residence permit in Canada. This is more of the reason why foreigners who specialize in this field of study make Canada their work destination home.
Nevertheless, it won’t be so easy to immigrate to Canada as a physicist without knowing the necessary requirements to provide and the steps to follow in order to achieve your immigration. For this reason, this article states and explains the requirements and steps to follow and achieve your aim of immigrating to Canada as a physicist.
Table of Contents
- What does a physicist do in Canada?
- Examples of physicist under NOC 2111
- Main duties of a physicist in Canada
- Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a physicist
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a physicist
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a physicist
- Frequently Asked Questions
What does a physicist do in Canada?
Physicist conduct theoretical and applied research, to extend knowledge of natural phenomena and to develop new processes and devices in fields such as electronics, communications, power generation and distribution, aerodynamics, optics and lasers, remote sensing, biotechnology, medicine and health.
In addition, they are employed by electronic, electrical and aerospace manufacturing companies, telecommunications companies, power utilities, university and government research laboratories, hospitals and by a wide range of other processing, manufacturing, and research and consulting firms. Astronomers conduct observational and theoretical research to extend knowledge of the universe. They are employed by the government and universities. .
Examples of physicist under NOC 2111
There are some examples of physicist work titles under NOC 2111 for those who immigrate to Canada as a physicist. Those titles are:
- acoustics physicist
- electronics physicist
- aerospace research scientist
- electronics research scientist
- atmospheric physicist
- chemical physicist
- communications research scientist
- cosmic ray physicist
- cryogenics physicist
- crystal physicist
- electricity and magnetism physicist
- elementary particle theorist
- experimental physicist
- fluid physicist
- health physicist
- high-temperature physicist
- laser physicist
- low-temperature physicist
- magnetism physicist
- mathematical biophysicist
- mechanics physicist
- medical biophysicist
- elementary particle physicist
- medical engineering biophysicist
- metal physicist
- microwave physicist
- molecular biophysicist
- nanotechnology physicist
- nuclear physicist
- medical physicist
- nuclear reactor physicist
- optics physicist
- particle accelerator physicist
- photonics physicist
- particle physicist
- physics research scientist
- plasma physicist
- radiation biophysicist
- radio astronomer
- reactor physicist
- remote sensing research scientist
- semiconductor physicist
- solid-state physicist
- space physicist
- theoretical nuclear physicist
- thermal physicist
- X-ray physicist
Job Exclusions from physicist
Some jobs are related to physicist jobs but are excluded from the physicist work. Therefore, if you immigrate to Canada as a physicist, you don’t go for the following jobs below:
- Architecture and science managers (See 0212 Architecture and science managers)
- Atmospheric physicists (See 2114 Meteorologists and climatologists)
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) (See 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers))
- Geophysicists and physical oceanographers (See 2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers)
Main duties of a physicist in Canada
When you immigrate to Canada as a physicist, you are going to do any of the following works below as your main work
- Design and conduct research in experimental and theoretical physics
- Carry out analysis of research data and prepare research reports
- Participate as a member of a research or development team in the design and development of experimental, industrial or medical equipment, instrumentation and procedures.
- Physicists may specialize in fields such as aeronomy and space, acoustics, atomic and molecular physics, biophysics, condensed matter or solid state physics, electromagnetics, fluids and aerodynamics, health physics, medical physics, metrology, particle physics, optics and laser physics, nuclear physics and plasma physics.
For physicists who are Astronomers
- Design and conduct observational surveys, conduct detailed analyses and develop numerical models to extend knowledge of celestial bodies and cosmic radiation
- Develop or participate in the development of instrumentation and software for astronomical observation and analysis.
- Astronomers may specialize in fields such as astrophysics, observational or optical astronomy and radio astronomy.
Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a physicist
If you want to immigrate to Canada as a physicist or as a foreign worker, you will have to meet two categories of requirements which are general and specific requirements. General requirements to work in Canada
Every immigrant who wants to work in Canada must meet these general requirements in order to immigrate to Canada. Therefore, general requirements to immigrate to Canada are:
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Arranged employment
- Work experience
- Your partner’s ability
The proof of your language proficiency is required therefore, language is one of the requirements to Immigrate to Canada as a physicist.
Moreover, you can take any of the language proficiency tests below in order to immigrate to Canada as a physicist.
- International English language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as Foreign language (TOEFL)
- Canadian English language proficiency index program
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- The Canadian test of English for scholars and trainees
- Test de connaissance du Français Canada (TCF).
You should be up to 18 years before you can immigrate to Canada as a physicist. So if you have not reached the Canadian working age, you cannot work in Canada. Therefore, the working age in Canada is 18 years.
Another requirement is education requirements. For you to work in Canada, you must at least have a high school certificate or its equivalent in order to qualify as a Canadian worker.
#4: Arranged employment
If you can arrange employment with a Canadian employer, it becomes easy for you to immigrate to Canada as a physicist. However, your employer must get a certification from the Labour Market Impact Assessment. In addition to that, you must also be the best candidate for the job.
Your adaptability to the Canadian weather can also help you while immigrating to work in Canada as a physicist. Apart from that, you must be able to adapt to the demands of the job. Therefore, before you can move to Canada as a physicist, you must have a medical checkup to determine your fitness.
#6: Work experience
You need work experience as it is basically needed if you want to immigrate to Canada as a physicist. Moreover, if you don’t prove your competency, you may not be able to do the work efficiently hence will not get an opportunity to be employed.
#7: Your partner’s skills
Your partner’s skills are also necessary to boost your comprehensive ranking system(CRS) score. Therefore, your partner’s age, education, and other qualifications are needed to qualify you.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a physicist
Regardless of the general requirements, there are specific requirements you must meet to immigrate to Canada as a physicist. Those requirements are thus:
- Physicists usually require a master’s or doctoral degree in a field of physics, engineering physics, or in a related discipline.
- Astronomers usually require a master’s or doctoral degree in astronomy or in a related discipline.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a physicist
There are many pathway programs you can use to immigrate to Canada as a physicist. This pathways have five options which are:
- Express entry program
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Job offer
- Quebec Experience Class
1: Express entry
This program is the most common and easiest pathway to immigrate to Canada as a physicist. Moreover, the express entry program has three other programs under it. And each of these three programs under it has requirements.
However, you must meet the requirements for whichever program you choose among the three programs available in this entry.
Therefore, before you select any program, check to know if you meet the program requirements. Meanwhile, the three programs under the express entry system are:
- Federal skilled trades program
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
2: Provincial Nominee Program
If you do not want to use the express entry, you can use the PNP. This is equivalent to the express entry. However, this program is managed by the provincial governments. Therefore, if you meet the requirements for this program, you can apply for it. However, you must be ready to live and work in the province that nominates you. In addition to that, you must be ready to adapt to the weather and work conditions of the province.
3: Job offer
Immigrating to Canada as a physicist may not be easy but with a valid job offer, you can move to Canada easily. However, before you can use this pathway, there are certain conditions your employer must fulfill.
First of all, the Canadian employer must get a clearance from the LMIA. Secondly, the employer must prove that you are the best candidate for the job. In addition, you must meet all the requirements for the job.
4: In-demand jobs
If physics is an in-demand job in Canada. It is easy to immigrate to Canada as a physicist by using an in-demand program.
5: Quebec Experience Class
Also you can use this program to immigrate to Canada as a physicist if you wish to settle in Quebec. Therefore, when you plan to live and be working in Quebec, then, this program is for you.
However, there are specific requirements you must meet before using this program. For instance, you must prove your proficiency in French language. Secondly, you must meet the requirements for working in Quebec. Then, you must be able to adapt to the weather conditions of Quebec.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a physicist
Once you know the steps required to immigrate to Canada as a physicist it would be easy for you. Therefore, below are the steps to guide you on how you can begin processing to immigrate to Canada as a physicist
- The first step is to check your eligibility for Canada’s express entry.
- Secondly, you need to create an express entry profile account and submit an express entry required documents in your profile online.
- Thirdly, you are required to apply for Canada’s working visa permit as soon as you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
- Then you must send your application within sixty days.
- Thereafter, you wait until your application is approved or declined. This often takes about six months.
- If your application gets approval, you can start preparing to immigrate to Canada as a physicist
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the application fee cost?
Your application fee cost is $150
Must I use only a job offer to immigrate to Canada as a physicist?
No. There are other entry options you can use outside job offers to immigrate to Canada as a painter.
What is the average salary of a physicist in Canada?
The average physicist salary in Canada is $97,500 per year or $50 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $89,685 per year,
What is the processing time for a work visa to enter Canada as a physicist?
The processing time for a Canadian work visa is a minimum of 3 months.
So having seen how important physicists are and how much they are needed in Canada, it will be a very nice decision to immigrate to Canada as a physicist.