Immigrating to Canada as power system electrician will be one of the best decision taken to achieve a successful Career in life. The lack of guide and accurate information has made lots of power system electricians around the world desiring to immigrate to Canada unrealistic, find you lucky to locate this article.
The demand for power system electricians in Canada provinces and Central remain on high side, this makes it an opportunity to immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician and secure a permanent resident visa with or without a job yet.
The Canadian government uses a National Occupation Code (NOC) 7243 to group power system electrician jobs and other related jobs which you will get to know while immigrating to Canada as a power system electrician.
The steps and pathways to migrate to Canada as a power system electrician are very simple but there are certain requirements which you must meet up with, worry not detailed information and benefits regarding successful immigration to Canada as a power system electrician will be discussed.
Table of Contents
- What do power system electricians do?
- Requirements to immigrate to Canada power system electrician
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician
- Frequently Asked Questions
What do power system electricians do?
The power system electricians in Canada under the NOC code 7243, install, maintain, test and repair electrical power generation, transmission and distribution system equipment and apparatus. They are employed by electric power generation, transmission and distribution companies in Canada provinces and the centre.
They offer essential services which make all provinces easily offer those jobs provided they are qualified. Power is the key to a successful and sound economy Canada has currently.
Main duties of Power System Electrician
The following are the expected duties, tasks, roles and responsibilities that you will undertake when you immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician under the NOC code 7243.
- Install and maintain electrical power distribution equipment such as transformers, generators, voltage regulators, switches, circuit breakers, capacitors, inductors, and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Install and maintain electrical equipment and apparatus in generating stations or powerhouses
- Inspect and test installed electrical equipment and apparatus to locate electrical faults and check their operation, using volt meters, ammeters and other electrical test instruments and equipment
- Repair or replace faulty electrical equipment and apparatus
- Complete test and maintenance reports.
In Canada the jobs of power system electrician are immense under the NOC code 7243 so regardless your area of specialization in the profession you will be able to fit in from the related jobs listed below as you plan your move to Canada as a power system professional.
- apprentice power system electrician
- electrical powerhouse electrician
- electrical powerhouse electrician – electrical power system
- electrical substation electrician – electrical power system
- electrician – electricity production
- power electrician
- power station electrician
- power station electrician – electrical power system
- power system electrician
- powerhouse electrician – electrical power system
- relay tester and maintainer – electrical power system
- relay tester and repairer – electrical power system
- substation electrician – electrical power system
- voltage regulator maintainer – electrical power system
Requirements to work in Canada as a power system electrician
While immigrating to Canada as a power system electrician to work the following are the minimum requirements you will need to meet:
- You must complete your secondary school education and make available the certificate.
- You must complete of a four-year apprenticeship program for power system electricians
- A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in electrical technology is usually required.
Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Manitoba, Alberta, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
Exclusions under power system electrician Jobs
The following jobs listed below are not listed under power system electrician job because they don’t conform with the National occupation code NOC 7243, so you can’t immigrate to Canada as power system electrician.
- Electrical mechanics (See 7333 Electrical mechanics)
- Electrical power line and cable workers (See 7244 Electrical power line and cable workers)
- Electricians (except industrial and power system) (See 7241 Electricians (except industrial and power system))
- Industrial electricians (See 7242 Industrial electricians)
- Supervisors of power system electricians (See 7202 Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations)
Requirements to immigrate to Canada power system electrician
The requirements to immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician are divided into general and specific requirements.
The minimum age you can immigrate to Canada as power system electrician is 18 years. However, if your age is below 18 years you may qualify on special invitation by the Canadian Government.
Considering the nature of the profession, if you have completed your secondary education and you are skillful you will be able to immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician.
It is important to take a language test such as IELTS, TOEFL, CELPIP, PTE, CAEL, TCF or TEF Canada. This will serve as a proof that your written and verbal communication in English or French language is guaranteed while immigrating as a power system electrician.
Arranged employment or job offer
You can boost your CRS points when you have an arranged employment or job offer from a Canadian employer.
Immigrating to Canada as a power system electrician with experience of 1 year and above will surely boost your CRS points and a higher job placement,
It is important that while immigrating as a power system electrician, you have your medical fitness certificate in place to show you are fit physically and heath wise.
It is important to note the following specific requirements while immigrating to Canada as a power system electrician.
- Obtain a license or trade certification from a regulatory body, in provinces like Manitoba, Alberta, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Possess your membership with a provincial association.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician
The pathways to move to Canada as a power system electrician are many but the three recommended pathways are as follow:
- Express Entry Program
- Provincial Nomination Program
- Job offers
Express Entry program
This route has three sub pathways through which you can immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician, they are:
- Federal skilled trades program
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
The use of either federal skilled trades program or federal skilled worker program to immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician will be better because of the benefits and how related the pathways are to the job of a power system electrician.
Immigrating to Canada as a power system electrician through Express Entry required you have a very high comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 67 minimum. If you are lucky to immigrate through this pathway you start work immediately in your desired province and you get your permanent resident visa almost immediately.
Provincial Nomination Program
This pathway is also a very good and recommended one, it offer you to show your desire to work in a particular province in collaboration with dedicated consultants. If your nomination is accepted you immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician to work in the province for at least two years before you can move to another province.
Getting your permanent resident visa is also not difficult with this pathway program.
Job offer program
This pathway program is another fast way to immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician. An employer would have offered you a job already in Canada and it must have pass through the Labour impact assessment in Canada to authenticate no Canadian is fit for such offer.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician
The steps mentioned below are needed to be followed to enable you immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician successfully.
Firstly, you should undergo a free online visa assessment to check your chances of meeting the requirements for a Canadian immigration and whether you have the necessary points to immigrate to Canada as a power system electrician from both Express Entry and immigration point of view.
Secondly, upon receiving an Invitation to apply (ITA) from Canadian Immigration from the result of your Express Entry application, you have only 60 days to formally send your application.
Thirdly, verify your qualifications through the standard testing, education equivalence certificates assessment and skilled worker assessments.
Fourthly, if invited to apply for a Canadian Visa, make sure you submit your best application because your express entry profile is only valid for one year. Therefore, ensure to meet all the necessary requirements, so you do not miss your opportunity to be in Canada as a qualified power system electrician
Lastly, make sure you have all your academic qualifications and certificates assessed by the relevant and approved ECA as required by Canadian immigration.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average salary of a power system electrician in Canada?
An entry level power system electrician in Canada earn up to $52, 717 annually while mid experience power system electrician earn up to $72,153.
How many hours can I work weekly?
You can work up to 43.5 hours weekly in Canada as a power system electrician.
The possibility of building a successful career as a power system electrician in Canada is very high. Permanent resident visa benefits are readily available.