Immigrate to Canada as a Property Administrator

Take advantage of this article to know the easiest ways to immigrate to Canada property administrator.

Canada is one of the countries in the world where real estate investment is trending heavily; the country is dominated with huge number of properties in all the provinces that required proper management and co-ordination.

Immigrating to Canada as a property Administrator will be a big opportunity to easily secure job offer from the numerous companies looking to employ property Administrator.

Immigrating to Canada as a property Administrator with years of experience will give you an added advantage in terms of your placement and disposable income after tax.

The job roles and categories of property administrators are immense while some are similar but you can’t immigrate as a property Administrator to Canada to engage in them because the Canadian Government has a National occupation Code NOC which is use to categorize jobs and the related ones.

The NOC code for property Administrator jobs and it related jobs in Canada is 1224. Any job that is not listed in this NOC code is exempted for a property Administrator.

In this article you will get to know all that is required and the benefits of immigrating into Canada as a property administrator.

What do property Administrators do?

In Canada the job responsibilities of property Administrators are immense because properties are of different categories and they need different administrative approach.

In simple terms, Property administrators perform administrative duties and co-ordinate activities related to the management and rental of investment property and real estate on behalf of property and strata property owners.

They are employed by property, real estate and strata services management companies, property development companies and by government.

Job Descriptions of a Property Administrator under the NOC 1224

The property Administrators work round the clocks to strike a balance between the property owners and the client both in presales, sales and after sales services likewise in renting services. Their duties are summarized and listed below:

  • Take charge of negotiations or approve rental or lease of various properties in a portfolio on behalf of property owners and ensure that terms of lease agreement are met
  • Prepare and administer contracts for provision of property services, such as cleaning and maintenance, security services and alarm systems
  • Co-ordinate the implementation of repairs, maintenance and renovations carried out on buildings and monitor progress and cost of work for property owners
  • Compile and maintain records on operating expenses and income, prepare reports and review rents to ensure they are at market value
  • Ensure that trouble calls received from clients or tenants are acted upon
  • Administer damage deposits
  • May hire and supervise rental agents, property clerks, building superintendents or other support staff performing operational, clerical or maintenance duties.

Examples of jobs under property administrator, NOC 1224

Indeed, there is a wide range of court clerk jobs under National occupational Classification (NOC) code 1224, which includes

  • accommodation co-ordinator
  • accommodation officer
  • accommodation planning officer
  • apartment rental agent
  • building managing supervisor
  • chief of property management
  • commercial building rental agent
  • commercial property manager
  • housing development officer
  • housing project manager
  • landlord/landlady
  • leasing and development officer – public works
  • property acquisitions area manager
  • property administrator
  • property leasing co-ordinators
  • property management agent
  • property management officer
  • property management operations co-ordinators
  • property rental agent
  • property rental co-ordinators
  • property rentals manager
  • property section head
  • real estate rental agent
  • rentals agent
  • residential property manager
  • strata property manager

Requirements to work in Canada as a Property Administrator

The employment requirements to work as a property administrator are not difficulty as you might have imagined. The requirements are stated below:

  • You have completed your secondary school education.
  • Language proficiency results are required
  • You should complete training courses or a vocational program in property or strata management or real estate.
  • If you are immigrating to British Columbia province, the minimum age required for job as property administrator is 19 years.

 Exclusions under property administrator jobs in Canada

The jobs listed below are not under the National Occupation Code NOC 1224 which is the code for property administrator jobs in Canada so it is impossible to immigrate as a property administrator to Canada with the intension to work under these exclusion jobs.

  • Building superintendents (See 6733 Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents)
  • Facility operation and maintenance managers (See 0714 Facility operation and maintenance managers)
  • Real estate agents and salespersons (See 6232 Real estate agents and salespersons)

Requirements to Immigrate to Canada as a property administrator

It is easy to immigrate to Canada for jobs, so immigrating to Canada as a property administrator requires that you meet up the general and specific minimum requirements.

The general requirements include:

  • Language
  • Age
  • Educational requirements
  • Adaptability
  • Work experience


It is compulsory that as an immigrating property officer to Canada you should be able to communicate verbally and written effectively either in French or English language.

As a result, you must pass one of the following language proficiency tests:

  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
  • Test de Connaissance du Français (TCF) Canada
  • Pearson Test of English (PTE)
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
  • Test d’Evaluation de Français (TEF) Canada.


Age has an influence on your immigration to Canada as a Property Administrator; the minimum age for you to qualify for job in most provinces in Canada is 18 years.

However, the minimum age required for property administrator job in British Columbia province is 19 years.

Educational requirements

The minimum educational requirement you can immigrate to Canada to work as a property administrator is your secondary school certificate in a relevant field.

However, your certificate on vocational training or Bachelor degree will be a booster to your CRS points.


Ensure you are medically fit before considering immigrating to Canada as a property administrator because you will present a medical certificate of fitness to that effect. Also read about the different weather conditions in Canada to see if you can easily adapt.

Work experience

The minimum work experience is one year for an immigrating property administrator in Canada but having years of experience will give you a better placement.

Specific Requirements

The specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a property administrator include:

  • Completion of secondary school
  • License from strata and real estate association especially from British Columbia.
  • Training courses or a vocational program in property or strata management or real estate.

Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a property administrator

The recommended pathway programs through which you can immigrate to Canada as a property administrator are four, the criteria or your eligibility status will determine the best for you.

Find below the different pathway programs to Canada:

  • Express entry
  • Provincial Nominee Programs
  • In-Demand occupations
  • Job offer

Express entry

If you are fortunate to reach 1200 CRS points you will be able to immigrate to Canada as a property administrator to Canada very fast, start work immediately in any choice of your province and get your permanent resident visa immediately.

The three different programs you can immigrate to Canada as a property administrator under express entry are:

  • Canada experience class
  • Federal skilled worker program
  • Federal skilled trades program

 Provincial Nominee Programs

This pathway option is also a very good one but you might have to check at short intervals the province you wish to seek nomination because provinces constantly update their occupation in demand list with available job offers.

However, using this pathway program to immigrate to Canada as a property administrator will require you to work for minimum of two years in the province before you can move to another.

In-Demand occupations

If you are very fortunate that the National Occupation Code (NOC) in Canada classified most jobs of property administrators as in-demands jobs.

You can easily use this pathway to immigrate to Canada immediately as a property administrator under the NOC 1224 in-demands jobs.

Job offer

This is an easy pathway to immigrate to Canada as a Property Administrator.

However, before you can do this, you must get a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.

In addition, the employer must get a certificate from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) before employing you.

Steps to immigrate to Canada as a Property Administrator

To immigrate to Canada as a property administrator without stress you need to follow these steps below.

Step one: Create an Express entry account

This initial step requires you to visit the official IRCC website to create an Express Entry profile with valid and verifiable information. Invalid info can make you lose your application.

Additionally, you can include your partner’s skill especially if it is in high demand in Canada to boost your CRS score.

Step two: Select a program

This step requires that you choose from the pathway programs listed above according to the one that suits you most or fit your qualification.

Step three: Find a job in Canada

If you already have a job offer this will boost your CRS points as a property administrator in the selection process.

However, you must be the right candidate for the job and no Canadian citizen as a qualification to do what you have been offered to do.

Step four: Get an invitation to apply (ITA)

This step requires you to be while invitation to apply will be sent. if you are qualified you will be invited to apply for permanent residency of which you must do so within 60 days.

Step five: Submit application with supporting documents

After you have been invited to apply you must provide all supporting documents for your application. Most especially, you must pay a 150 CAD application fee.

Step six: Get your work permit

Within one month of submitting your application, you may receive the ultimate report around your application.

However, if you are successful, you receive a mail stating you that have been issued a work permit.

More so, if you are not able to collect your work permit immediately at the port of entry, you can book an appointment with the officer in charge.

Immigrate to Canada as a Program Officer in Government

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the average salary of a property administrator in Canada?

An entry level administrator earns $64700 annually, having 5 years experience earn you $104500 and 10 to 20 years work experienced property administrator earn up $128666.

Can my family join me when I migrate to Canada as a Property administrator?

Yes, they can join you.


Immigrating to Canada as a property administrator comes with ease, your career progression is guaranteed and your family will have access to quality education and health care.