Good environment for the capital market has made many immigrate to Canada as securities investment brokers. Recently, demand for middlemen in the capital market, especially for stocks and securities has increased in Canada.
Therefore, brokers from different countries of the world have seen this as a good opportunity to come to Canada. This in turn helps to grow the Canadian economy.
Moreover, security and investment broker as an occupation in Canada is a very important occupation. This is because it has to do with the financial market in Canada. Therefore, it is a very lucrative occupation.
In addition, it is also among in-demand jobs in Canada. What this means is that you can use this occupation to obtain a permanent residence permit in Canada.
Furthermore, as soon as you immigrate to Canada as a security investment broker, you will be employed by investment companies, stock brokerage firms, stock and commodity exchanges, and other establishments in the industry.
Thus, for you to easily immigrate to Canada as a security investment broker, you need to, first of all, know the various guidelines and steps to follow to make your immigration successful.
For this reason, this article is organized to give you clear information and necessary procedures which will help you to immigrate to Canada as a security investment broker.
Table of Contents
- Work of a securities investment broker in Canada
- Examples of securities investment brokers under NOC 1113
- Main duties of a securities investment broker in Canada
- Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker
- Frequently Asked Questions
Work of a securities investment broker in Canada
People immigrate to Canada as securities agents and investment dealers to buy and sell stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds, and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers, banks, trust companies, insurance firms, and other establishments.
Moreover, brokers buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies, and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers.
Therefore, they are employed by investment companies, stock brokerage firms, stock and commodity exchanges, and other establishments in the securities industry.
Examples of securities investment brokers under NOC 1113
The job positions below are different positions where those who immigrate to Canada as securities investment brokers can work.
Therefore, if you are qualified to work in Canada as a securities investment broker, you can hold any of the following positions or job titles:
- Annuity representative – investments
- Bond broker
- Commodity broker
- Bond dealer
- Foreign exchange dealer
- Bond trader
- Commodity trader
- Discount broker
- Equity trader
- Financial broker
- Floor trader – commodity exchange
- Foreign exchange trader
- Futures trader
- Grain broker – commodity trading
- Independent floor trader
- Investment broker
- Grain broker
- Investment dealer
- Grain trader
- Investment representative
- Money market trader
- Mutual fund sales representative
- Options trader
- Registered investment representative
- Registered representatives supervisor
- Securities agent
- Mutual fund broker
- Securities representative
- Mutual fund sales agent
- Securities sales agent
- Plant guard
- Securities salesman/woman
- Polygraph examiner
- Securities trader
- Stock exchange floor trader
Job Exclusions from securities investment broker
The following jobs are not included in the jobs of a security investment broker in Canada.
- Financial and investment analysts
- Other financial officers
- Financial brokerage managers
Main duties of a securities investment broker in Canada
The main duties of those who immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker include:
For those who are security agents and investment dealers:
- Develop long-term relationships with their clients by preparing investment strategies to help them achieve their financial goals, offering advice and information on various investments to guide them in managing their portfolios
- Review financial periodicals, stock and bond reports, business publications, and other material, and develop a network within the financial industry to gather relevant information and identify potential investments for clients
- Carry out investment orders by buying and selling stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds, and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers, or companies such as banks, trust companies, and insurance firms
- Monitor clients’ investment portfolios and ensure that investment transactions are carried out according to industry regulations.
For brokers in general:
- Buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies, and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers
- Develop trading strategies by reviewing investment information and monitoring market conditions from the exchange floor and through contact with trading departments of other investment firms, pension fund managers, and investment company financial analysts
- Make bids and offers to buy and sell securities and complete details of sales on exchange trade tickets
- Prepare reviews of portfolios’ positions.
Employment requirements to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker
You must meet the following requirements to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker. These requirements are in two categories which are general and specific requirements.
General requirements to work in Canada
Generally, whoever intends to work in Canada must meet these requirements to qualify to work in Canada. Those requirements are:
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Arranged employment
- Work experience
- Your partner’s ability
This requirement is very important to work in Canada. This is because you need it to communicate in Canada. Therefore, Canadian workers, especially foreign workers, must meet the minimum language requirements for reading, speaking, writing, and listening.
To prove this, you need to present your language test results from fully accredited international testing institutions such as Duolingo, TOEFL, and IELTS.
Moreover, you can take any of the language proficiency tests below to immigrate to Canada as a security investment broker.
- International English language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as Foreign language (TOEFL)
- Canadian English language proficiency index program
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- The Canadian test of English for scholars and trainees
- Test de Connaissance du Français Canada (TCF).
You should be up to 18 years before you can immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker. So if you have not reached the Canadian working age, you cannot work in Canada. Therefore, the working-age in Canada is 18 years.
The education requirement to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker is secondary school. However, certain jobs require more than secondary school. Therefore, you must get a report from ECA to prove your academic qualifications.
#4: Arranged employment
As soon as you arrange employment with a Canadian employer, it becomes easy for you to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker. However, your employer must get a certification from the Labour Market Impact Assessment. In addition to that, you must also be the best candidate for the job.
Your adaptability to the Canadian weather can also help you while immigrating to work in Canada as a securities investment broker. Apart from that, you must be able to adapt to the demands of the job. Therefore, before you can move to Canada as a securities investment broker, you must have a medical checkup to determine your fitness.
#6: Work experience
You can increase your score in the comprehensive ranking system, you can include your work experience. A work experience means that you have the skills and experience to work in Canada. Therefore, while filling your application, make sure that you include all the previous work experience you have.
#7: Your partner’s skills
Partner’s skills are also necessary to boost your comprehensive ranking system CRS core. Moreover, your partner’s skills also matter to your immigration. Therefore, your partner’s age, education, and other qualifications are needed to qualify you.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker
Despite the general requirements, there are specific requirements you must meet to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker. Therefore, you must meet these requirements below:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, business, or other discipline is usually required.
- Securities sales representatives and brokers require completion of industry investment and sales training programs and completion of the Canadian Securities Course and the Registered Representative Manual Exam offered by the Canadian Securities Institute.
- Specialized courses are also available for securities sales representatives and brokers who want to trade in specific investment products such as securities options and futures contracts.
- Licensure by the provincial securities commission in the province of employment is required for securities agents, investment dealers, and brokers.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker
It is easy to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker using any of the following pathways below:
- Express entry program
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Job offer
1: Express entry
This pathway to Canada remains the easiest pathway to immigrate to Canada. Therefore, considering the ease and the multiple programs through which you can immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker using express entry, you can use any of the programs below:
- Federal skilled trades program
- Canada experience class
- A federal skilled worker program
2: Provincial Nominee Program
In case you do not want to use the express entry, you can use the PNP. This is equivalent to the express entry. However, this program is managed by the provincial governments. Therefore, if you meet their requirements for this program, you can apply for it. However, you must be ready to live and work in the province that nominates you. In addition to that, you must be ready to adapt to the weather and work conditions of the province.
3: Job offer
This pathway makes it easier to immigrate to Canada as a security investment broker. However, before you can use this pathway, there are certain conditions your employer must fulfill.
First of all, the Canadian employer must get a clearance from the LMIA. Secondly, the employer must prove that you are the best candidate for the job. In addition, you must meet all the requirements for the job.
4: In-demand jobs
Some financial institutions are looking for brokers to deal with securities. Therefore, due to the scarcity of employees in this particular job, the job will be classified among the in-demand jobs in Canada. Hence, you can immigrate to Canada as a security investment broker using this pathway.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker
These are necessary steps to follow if you want to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker.
- The first thing to do is to check your eligibility for Canada’s express entry.
- Then you need to create an express entry profile account and submit an express entry required documents in your profile online.
- Moreover, you are required to apply for Canada’s working visa permit as soon as you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
- Again, you must send your application within sixty days.
- Thereafter, you wait until your application is approved or declined. This often takes about six months.
- Finally, If your application gets approved, you can start preparing to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does the application fee cost?
Your application fee cost is $150
What is the processing time for a work visa to enter Canada as a securities investment broker?
The processing time for a Canadian work visa is 6 months.
Must I use only a job offer to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker?
No, because you have other pathways to use aside from job offer
What is the average salary of a securities investment broker in Canada?
The average pay for a Stock Broker in Canada is $84,248 a year and $41 an hour in Canada. The average salary range for a Stock Broker is between $47,653 and $107,134.
We are sure this article must be a good help and guide to you. So go ahead to prepare yourself to immigrate to Canada as a securities investment broker.