Without a doubt, there are high prospects to immigrate to Canada as a store shelf stocker clerk.
Besides, there are many retail stores in Canada, which gives rise to their high demands across various provinces and territories.
If you are yet to source right information on Canada’s immigration programs for store shelf stocker clerks, this article has all you need to know.
Moreover, reading this article will let you understand how Canada’s immigration program works, as well as on working and immigrating to any province or territory nationwide.
In this article
- What does store shelf stocker clerks do?
- Job descriptions/duties of store shelf stocker clerks
- Examples of jobs under NOC 6622
- Requirements to work in Canada as a store shelf stocker clerk
- Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a store shelf stocker clerk
- General requirements for Canada’s immigration programs
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a store shelf stocker clerk
- Express Entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a store shelf stocker clerk
- Frequently Asked Questions
What does store shelf stocker clerks do?
Generally speaking, store shelf stocker clerks and order fillers helps customers to pack their purchases, quote on items, stock shelves with products, as well as fulfill mail and phone orders.
As a matter of fact, store shelf stockers clerks work for warehouses, and in various types of retail stores, which include grocery stores, hardware and department stores, etc.
Moreover, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code for store shelf stocker clerks in Canada is 6622. This NOC code also covers several store clerks and order fillers.
Job descriptions/duties of store shelf stocker clerks
Undoubtedly, store shelf stocker clerks perform a range of significant roles that facilitates the operations of retail businesses in Canada.
Therefore, the following are the main job duties of store shelf stocker clerks to customers, and other retail businesses.
- Bagging, packaging or parcelling purchases for customers or to prepare them for delivery or shipment to customers’ addresses
- Carrying customers’ purchases to the parking lot and pack in vehicles
- Unpacking products received by store, as well as counting, weighing or sorting them
- Using barcode-scanners to record incoming stock, verify pricing, as well as to maintain a computerized stock inventory
- Pricing items via stamp or stickers as per price list
- Attaching protective devices to merchandize in order to hinder shoplifting
- Stocking shelves and display areas, as well as tidying stock and keeping it organized
- Filling mail orders from warehouse stock
- Helping customers to get articles from shelf or stockroom
- Directing customers to location of articles sought
- Carrying out general cleaning tasks such as sweeping aisles, dusting display racks, etc
- Operating cash register and computer for electronic commerce transactions
- Refilling stock
Examples of jobs under NOC 6622
Here are examples of occupations under NOC 6622.
- bag clerk
- bakery assistant – food store
- bag boy/girl
- box boy/girl
- floor clerk – supermarket
- garment price marker
- floor clerk – retail
- grocery clerk
- hand packer – food store
- meat cutter helper – supermarket
- grocery packer
- meat wrapper – grocery store
- order filler – retail
- meat department assistant – supermarket
- order picker
- price checker – grocery store
- pack boy/girl
- price clerk – retail
- produce clerk
- price marker – supermarket
- retail shelf stocker
- shelf stocker – retail
- stock clerk – retail
- shelf stocker – supermarket
- stock handler – food store
- supermarket clerk
- stockroom clerk – retail
- supermarket produce clerk
Requirements to work in Canada as a store shelf stocker clerk
Undeniably, almost all persons are eligible to work as a store shelf stocker clerk in Canada. This is because store shelf stocker clerk jobs have the most minimal employment requirements.
Hence, you are qualified to apply and accept store shelf stocker clerk jobs if you have completed your secondary school education.
Of course, this requirement is easy to fulfill because the education level of most workers, including foreigners in this century is secondary school.
Exclusions under store shelf stocker clerks
The following jobs have exceptions as store shelf stocker clerks under NOC 6622.
- 6211 – Stock clerks supervisors
- 6421 – Meat counter clerks
- 6611 – Cashiers
- 6623 – Comparison shoppers
- 7452 – Material handlers
Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a store shelf stocker clerk
Without doubt, you need to fulfill a number of requirements to qualify for permanent residency through any of Canada’s immigration programs.
As a matter of fact, your earned points on Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) should not be less than 67. This qualifies you for immigration to Canada through any Express Entry program.
General requirements for Canada’s immigration programs
The following are the general requirements applicable to all nationalities who want to immigrate to Canada.
Least age of 18 and maximum of 35 years old
Must be a graduate of secondary school or a post-secondary institution within or outside Canada. Certainly, you need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report.
English or French Language skills
Must participate in one of the following proof of language proficiency tests.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) assessment
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Duolingo English Test (DET)
- Test de Connaissance du Français Canada (TCF)
- Test d’Evaluation de Français Canada (TEF)
Arranged employment: A job offer or arranged employment in Canada can help you get more points on Express Entry CRS.
Work experience: Can boost Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points with a minimum of one (1) year work experience in a full-time job.
Adaptability: Can increase earned points on the CRS with your spouse or common-law partner if both of you wants to immigrate to Canada.
Nomination certificate (if applicable): Only applicants of Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) are eligible for a nomination certificate.Immigrate to Canada as a Store Shelf Stocker Clerk
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a store shelf stocker clerk
Specifically, two (2) immigration programs allow foreigners to become permanent residents of Canada. These include Express Entry program and Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs).
Of course, store shelf stocker clerks serve as one of the occupation in demand in Canada.
Thus, Express Entry is an ideal immigration program for you if you wish to become a permanent resident, as well as a store shelf stocker clerk in Canada.
Moreover, your application needs to be imitated through Express Entry Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP).
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
Undeniably, Canada’s Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) can help to immigrate to Canada as a store shelf stocker clerk.
Notwithstanding, Provincial Nominee Programs works differently compared to Express Entry program. It places you on limits as a permanent resident within a Canadian province or territory.
This makes it equally important for you to work and live in a particular province or territory in Canada.
Additionally, Provincial Nominee Programs are available in virtually all Canadian provinces and territories except for Quebec and Nunavut.
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) across Canada
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NL PNP)
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSPNP)
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP)
- Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a store shelf stocker clerk
The steps below are useful when you want to apply for immigration to Canada as a store shelf stocker clerk.
STEP 1: Check eligibility and create Express Entry profile
This is the initial step involved to immigrate to Canada as a store shelf stocker clerk. Hence, you ought to check if you qualify for immigration through an Express Entry program.
Besides, IRCC’s Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) calculator can help you know your eligibility for Canada’s Express Entry.
Subsequently, you can go ahead to create your Express Entry profile online.
STEP 2: Apply through Express Entry or request nomination
Also, as a prospective immigrant who prefers PNP, you need to receive nomination from a province or territory in Canada before anything else.
Therefore, following your nomination, it is essential to update and submit your Express Entry profile to include details of your provincial nomination.
If you choose Express Entry as your pathway, you can submit your profile inasmuch as you already qualify.
STEP 3: Send PR application
At this time, you should be expecting to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Once it is received, you are required to apply for Permanent Residency (PR) to Canada not more than 60 days.
STEP 4: Relocate to Canada
Finally, this step requires you to wait until IRCC informs you of its decision on your PR application.
Without doubt, you can now book a flight and move to Canada if your application was approved.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is store shelf stocker clerks NOC code?
How much does store shelf stocker clerks make in Canada?
From $15 to $25 Canadian Dollars per hour
Do permanent residents of Canada need work permit?
No, you are free to start working in Canada without a work permit. Of course, you will never need one.
What is the processing time to renew or replace Canada’s permanent residency cards?
Up to 116 days
Which documents are needed for Canada’s Express Entry profile?
- A valid passport or traveling passport
- Written job offer or arranged employment
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report
- Proof of fund(s)
- Valid language test
- Provincial nomination certificate (for PNP applicants)
Without doubt, this describes how easy it is to immigrate to Canada as a store shelf stocker clerk. Therefore, you need not to delay your application due to your inexperience. Best of luck!