Individuals seeking to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing industries are in luck. Did you know that the food and beverage processing industry in Canada is the second largest industry in Canada when it comes to value of production? Moreover, it accounts for $117.8 billion in sales of goods manufactured in 2019, thus accounting for 17% of total manufacturing sales and 2% of national GDP (GDP).
In fact, food Beverage Processing Industries is Canada’s largest manufacturing employer, employing about 290,000 people. That’s a whole lot!
So, what does this all mean for you seeking to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing industry? It means that Canada wants your skills!
Without a doubt, many supervisors in Food Beverage Processing has moved to Canada in recent times, but the goodness is that they are still in high demand.
Therefore, if immigrating to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing is a dream you cannot seem to let go, don’t worry. This is why this article is written; to meet your specific need as well as equip you with all the information you need to know.
In this article
- What do supervisors in Food Beverage Processing do?
- Examples of job titles under supervisors in Food Beverage Processing
- Works excluded from supervisors in Food Beverage Processing
- Main duties/ tasks of supervisors in Food Beverage Processing
- Employment Requirement to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing
- Steps to Immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing
- Step one; open valid express entry profile
- Step two: Choose a program
- Step three: Obtain a job offer from a Canadian employer
- Step four; Get an invitation to apply
- Step five: Submit your supporting documents
- Step six: Obtain your work permit
- Step seven: Welcome to Canada
- Frequently Asked Question
What do supervisors in Food Beverage Processing do?
In line with this, its necessary that you know what Supervisors in Food Beverage Processing do in Canada.
That being said, supervisors in food and beverage processing are responsible to supervise and co-ordinate the activity of workers who operate processing and packaging machines, as well as workers who grade food and beverage products.
Typically, they are employed in fruit and vegetable processing plants, dairies, flour mills, fish plants, bakeries, sugar refineries, meat plants, breweries and other food and beverage processing establishments.
Examples of job titles under supervisors in Food Beverage Processing
Generally speaking, there are many job titles under supervisors in Food Beverage Processing.
So, to work as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing, you can choose the following job titles to work under;
- Abattoir foreman/woman
- Abattoir supervisor
- Bakery foreman/woman – food and beverage processing
- Bakery plant supervisor
- Baking and confectionery making foreman/woman
- Baking foreman/woman – food and beverage processing
- Beef boning and cutting foreman/woman
- Beef dressing foreman/woman
- Bottling foreman/woman – food and beverage processing
- Bottling foreman/woman
- Boiling house foreman/woman – food and beverage processing
- Bottling foreman/woman – food and beverage processing
- Bottling supervisor – food and beverage processing
- Brewer supervisor
- Brewery supervisor
- Cannabis processing supervisor
- Cannery foreman/woman – food processing
- Cellar master
- Char house foreman/woman – food and beverage processing
- Chocolate candy processing foreman/woman
- Cigarette inspector foreman/woman
- Chocolate factory foreman/woman
- Chocolate refining foreman/woman
- Coffee roasting foreman/woman
- Confectionery foreman/woman
- Curing room foreman/woman – tobacco processing
- Dairy plant foreman/woman
- Dairy products processing foreman/woman
- Distillery foreman/woman
- Dry-starch foreman/woman – food processing
- Fish canning curing and packing workers foreman/woman
- Fish curing and canning foreman/woman
- Feed milling foreman/woman
- Fish freezing foreman/woman
- Fish freezing supervisor
- Shingle mill foreman/woman
- Fish preparation foreman/woman
- Shingle mill foreman/woman – wood processing
Works excluded from supervisors in Food Beverage Processing
Again, it is important we let you know there are some job titles that are excluded from the supervisor in Food Beverage Processing.
Therefore, the below job titles are excluded from the aforementioned job titles due to the fact that the later is included under a different NOC code.
- Fish and seafood plant workers (See 9463 for Fish and seafood plant workers).
- Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers, and related workers (See 9462 for Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers, and related workers).
- Managers of food and beverage processing (See 0911 for Manufacturing managers)
- Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing (See 9461 for Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing).
- Supervisors of meat and fish inspectors (See 2222 for Agricultural and fish products inspectors).
Main duties/ tasks of supervisors in Food Beverage Processing
Basically, the main duties/tasks of supervisors in Food Beverage Processing included in the NOC code 9213 are numerous.
However, below will let you have an idea of what their general duties are;
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who process, test, and package grade food and beverage products.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinating work activities with other departments.
- Resolve work problems and also recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in their specific job duties, safety procedures, and company policy.
- Recommend personnel activities such as hirings and promotions.
- Prepare production and other reports.
- Co-ordinators of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) identify, evaluate, control, and prevent hazards at all stages of the food production process.
Employment Requirement to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing
Generally speaking, if you want to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing, there are some important requirements that you must have before you are qualified to move to Canada.
Having said that, these requirements are in two categories. The first is specific while the second is the general requirements.
As earlier mentioned, there are general requirements you must meet before you can immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing. Undoubtedly, these requirements will go a along way to determine if you’re going to be qualified to be given a permanent visa or the like to work in Canada.
So, to be on the safe side, ensure that you fully satisfy the following general requirement;
- Language requirements
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Arranged employment
- Work experience
- Your partner’s ability
Again, besides the general requirements, you must meet, the specific requirement is a much more necessary requirement you must satisfy before you can immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing.
Therefore, ensure that the following requirements are intact before you begin your immigration journey;
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Some positions in this group may necessitate post-secondary education in microbiology or chemistry.
- Several years of experience in the food or beverage processing industry is a requirement.
- Hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP) coordinators must be HACCP certified and have several years of experience in quality assurance of food production.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing
In general, individuals who want to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing often have access to many pathways they can follow.
Hence, the following pathways are unique for SFBP to move to Canada
- Express entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
Express Entry, as a web-based system, allows you to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing.
Notably, this is an ideal path for supervisors in Food Beverage Processing, that wants, to obtain permanent residency in Canada in order to work and live permanently in the country.
Moreso, express Entry is also the quickest and most popular route for newcomers looking to start a new life in Canada. Furthermore, It organizes and processes applications for people who want to immigrate to Canada and obtain permanent residence in the same country.
Furthermore, two steps are often involved when applying for Express Entry. The first step is to submit your profile, which will necessitate the submission of your documents including; Results of a language test, Report on Educational Credential Evaluation, and A passport or other form of travel documentation
Following the submission of your profile, you will receive an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence, you will later be required to submit a more substantial application that includes reference letters, additional identity documents, police clearance certificates, and the results of a medical examination.
However, to be qualified for express entry application, you must have a university or college degree, skilled work experience, and a moderate command of English and/or French.
Also, candidates who meet the requirements for the following programs are also eligible to apply for the Express Entry program:
- Federal Skilled Employee (FSW)
- Skilled Trades (Federal) (FST)
- Class for Canadian Experience (CEC)
Fortunately, the FSW is the ideal option for you if you want to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing.
Provincial nominee program
Apart from express entry, you can also immigrate to Canada through provincial nomination as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing.
Most times, the provincial nominee program is for individuals who have the specific skills, education, and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory that they want to live in or become permanent residents.
For instance, each province and territory has its own immigration programs that target certain groups of people as well as the requirement that they want.
Having said that, below are the nomination programs for each province and territory in Canada:
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NL PNP)
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSPNP)
- Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP)
- Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
Through Job offer
Similarly, securing a job offer is another way you could use to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing. Most times, your prospective company will have to prove to the Canadian government that there is no other citizen or resident in the country that can do the work other than you.
Luckily, they might be able to convince them and you’re invited move to Canada and work as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing.
Steps to Immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing
Now, having dished out all the useful information to you, this is the summary of the whole steps to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing.
Step one; open valid express entry profile
To begin, Inorder to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing, the first thing you must do is to open a valid express entry profile.
However, to be qualified for express entry application, just make sure that you have the basic requirement such as a university or college degree, skilled work experience, and a moderate command of English and/or French.
Step two: Choose a program
After opening an express entry profile, the next thing you should do is to choose a program. Ensure that you choose a suitable program.
Indeed, the best program pathway to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing is through the express entry system.
However, the following programs are also available for you to choose from::
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal skilled trade program
- Federal skilled worker program
- Provincial Nominee programs
Step three: Obtain a job offer from a Canadian employer
Indeed, obtaining a job offer from a Canadian employer can really boost your CRS and increase your chances of being selected from the pool of applicants seeking a Canadian visas.
So, do your diligence to secure a job before applying to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Food Beverage Processing
Step four; Get an invitation to apply
Definitely, following the submission of your express entry profile, if you meet all the requirements and have a sufficient Comprehensive Ranking Score, you will be sent an invitation to apply. However, you must proceed with your application within 60 days of receiving your ITA.
Step five: Submit your supporting documents
As earlier stated, once you have received an invitation to apply (ITA), you only have 60 days from the time you receive it to submit your application and supporting documents. Normally, job offer letter, language proficiency exam result, identity card, proof of funds, and work experience evidence are among the supporting documents.
Step six: Obtain your work permit
Subsequently, after approximately two weeks, the processing of your visa should be completed
Hence, after you receive an email indicating that your visa has been approved, start making plans to move to Canada. Your work permit will be issued at a Canadian port of entry.
Step seven: Welcome to Canada
Of course, welcome to Canada is the long-awaited word you have been waiting for. so, here it is!
Indeed, immediately after your application has been granted, you can enter Canada. Ensure to pick up your work permit at a Canadian border crossing because you will not be able to work in Canada except you have this. Congratulations!
Frequently Asked Question
Am I eligible to Migrate to Canada as a Supervisor in food beverage and associated products processing?
Luckily, yes, you are. as long as you meet the basic requirements(occupational and educational )
Do I need a job offer to Migrate to Canada as a Supervisor food beverage and associated products processing?
Actually, you may not. But more often than not, you need to get a job offer.
In any way, It is possible to Migrate to Canada as a Supervisor in food beverage processing in three ways.
- Directly through Express Entry
- Getting a Job Offer
- With Provincial Nomination
In conclusion, you have learned everything that you needed to know about immigrating to Canada as a Supervisor in food beverage processing, we encourage you to take action. Accomplish your dreams. Don’t let go of it.