One of the reasons why people want to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library services is creating a better future for their families.
Therefore, if you are qualified to work as a Supervisor of library services then you are one-step closer to achieving your career success.
The great thing about Canadian immigration and those looking to immigrate to Canada is that Canada makes very little or no distinction between nationalities.
This means when it comes to immigrating to Canada other nationalities are treated in a similar manner.
However, immigrating to Canada can be very easy if only you meet up with the necessary requirements.
In this article, we will explain in details what Supervisor of library services do, their duties and example of job titles under the NOC code 1213.
Furthermore, you will learn the basic steps and pathways you need to immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor.
Table of Contents
- Who is a supervisor of library services?
- Requirements to immigrate in Canada as Supervisor of library services
- Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library services
- Steps to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library services
- Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a supervisor of library services?
Supervisors of library, correspondence and related information workers supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups:
Library Assistants and Clerks (1451), Correspondence, Publication and Regulatory Clerks (1452) and Survey Interviewers and Statistical Clerks (1454).
The Library Supervisor manages the work and resources of the unit including planning, organizing, allocating, and prioritizing both work and resources to meet the goals of the unit, department and library.
Library supervisors supervises campus library activities by scheduling, coordinating, implementing, administering and evaluating the workflow and scheduling ensuring consistent levels of service in the assigned library.
In addition, the library supervisor spends much of her time developing library policies along with library administrators, but also spends considerable time working with the staff overseeing day-to-day operations.
They work mostly in the public and private sectors.
Main duties of Supervisor of library services
The following are the expected duties, tasks, roles and responsibilities that you will undertake when you immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor of library services.
- Conducting surveys and interviews; collecting and compiling statistics.
- Preparing and issuing licenses, passports and other regulatory documents; re- shelving books and performing other tasks in libraries; writing correspondence including e-mails and preparing material for translation and publication.
- Establishing work schedules, procedures, and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments.
- Resolve work-related problems, monitor services provided by clerks and agents, and prepare and submit progress and other reports.
- Train workers in job duties and company policies.
- Requisition supplies and materials.
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment, arrange for maintenance, and repair work.
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Examples of jobs under Supervisor of library services NOC code 1213
The following are jobs titles under National Occupational Classification code 1213. Hence, you can immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor of library services under any of this job titles.
- Advertising clerk’s supervisor
- Census area manager assistant
- Communication clerks supervisor
- Copyright clearance supervisor
- Census area manager
- Correspondence clerk’s supervisor
- Court reporters supervisor
- Census commissioner assistant
- Customs clerks supervisor
- Fingerprint classifier supervisor
- Law archivist’s supervisor
- Legal services record writer’s supervisor
- Library clerk’s supervisor
- Census commissioner
- Library loans supervisor
- License clerk’s supervisor
- Passport office supervisor
- Public opinion interviewer’s supervisor
- Publication clerks supervisor
- Regional census manager
- Census district manager
- Statistical clerk’s supervisor
- Survey interviewer’s supervisor
- Librarians (See 5111 Librarians)
- Library and public archive technicians (See 5211 Library and public archive technicians)
- Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations (See 1214 Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations)
Requirements to immigrate in Canada as Supervisor of library services
The requirement to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library service is divided into general and specific requirements which will be explained below.
General requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library service
First and foremost, we will be talking about the general requirement involved for you to successfully immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library services. They include
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Language requirements
- Work experience
Undoubtedly, your age will determine if you can immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library services or not.
In Canada, all immigrants must reach the working age before they can immigrate to Canada as a worker. Generally, the working age in Canada is 18-45 years.
Generally, the minimum educational requirements for you to immigrate to Canada as a worker is secondary Education.
However, you stand an additional advantage when you have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in your area of specialization.
Obviously, if you want to work and live in Canada you must be able to speak, read and write in English and French languages. To achieve this, you will present language test results that have taken no less than 2 years. Therefore, you can present your test result in any of these language proficiency tests.
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Canadian English language proficiency index program
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
Ideally, the minimum work experience you need to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library services is 2 years of full-time work experience or a part-time job that is equivalent to one year.
Likewise, medical fitness is very crucial for your immigration. You must be able to prove that you are healthy enough to adapt to Canada’s weather and climate.
Specific requirements to work in Canada as a supervisor of library services
After you immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library service, you need to meet the following requirements before working for an employer or customer.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of college courses related to area supervised may be required.
- Experience in the clerical occupation supervised is usually required.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library services
Interestingly, there are several pathways for you to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library services. However, it is important to choose the ideal pathway that suits your application.
Basically, there are three immigration’s programs under Express Entry. Therefore, you can choose from any of the programs to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library services.
- Canada experience class (CEC)
- Federal skilled worker program (FSWP)
- Federal skilled trades program (FSTP)
With Express entry, you can easily immigrate to Canada upon earning a high CRS score. The CRS scoring is based on points derived from your age, work experience, language, etc
Provincial Nominee programs
Without a doubt, you can select a province in Canada as a place of choice. However, what this means is that the province you choose is going to be where you will stay and work.
Therefore, if you get lucky and you are accepted in that province, your CRS score for your immigration process will be boosted.
Therefore, your immigration to Canada as a supervisor of library services becomes easier with a valid job offer. This is because having an employment offer has a positive effect on your CRS point.
Quebec experience class
Here is an opportunity for you if you want to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library services in Quebec. However, you can use this pathway if you want to live and work in Quebec
Job in demand
Moreover, this is closely related to a job offer. However, in this case it means that your job is scarce in Canada.
Therefore, lookout for a province or anywhere in Canada that is in demand of supervisor of library services and start your application. Hence, you can utilize this pathway to immigrate to Canada.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library services
As a foreigner, if you would like to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor of library services, there are certain steps you must follow.
Step 1: Create an Express entry account
Basically, the first thing you need to do is to create an Express Entry profile at the official IRCC website.
You must also, ensure that all information that you input is correct and valid. Invalid info can make you lose your application.
Step 2: Choose a program
You can choose from either Canada Express entry, federal skilled worker program, federal skilled trade programs, provincial nominee program, or Quebec experience class.
Step 3: Find a job in Canada
Generally, getting job offer points to boost your CRS points. However, you must be the right candidate for the job and no Canadian citizen can apply for the job.
Step 4: Get an invitation to apply
Moreover, an invitation to apply will only be sent to qualified candidates. Therefore, if you are qualified you will be invited to apply for permanent residency of which you must do so within 60 days.
Step 5: Submit supporting documents
After you have been invited to apply, you must provide all supporting documents such as your date of birth certificate, statement of account, medical report, police report etc.
Most especially, you must pay a 150 CAD application fee. Note that if any of your document is missing you might forfeit your visa.
Step 6: Get your work permit
Another step is to get your work permit. However, you will get this only when you arrive in Canada.
Therefore, once you receive the message that your application has been processed, you can begin to prepare to move to Canada.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my family join me when I migrate to Canada as a supervisor of library services?
Yes, the rights and privileges awarded to the main visa holder are passed onto partners and children automatically.
What is the annual salary of a supervisor of library services in Canada?
The annual salary of a supervisor of library services in Canada is $ 62,000.
With this information, we hope you have 100% successes rate thinking of moving to Canada successfully as a supervisor of library services.