Immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mineral Processing Firms
You can immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mineral Processing Firms using the express entry and provincial provincial nominee program in Canada.
Immigrating to Canada as a Supervisor in Mineral Processing is very easy if you know the steps and pathways to follow.
Currently, the demand for Supervisors in Mineral Processing firms in Canada is on high demand both in private and public sectors.
As a result of this it becomes an opportunity for Supervisors in mineral processing firms to immigrate to Canada and also secure a permanent resident visa.
Basically, in Canada, every occupation has a National Occupational Code (NOC). The code for Supervisors in Mineral Processing Firms is 9211.
Immigrating to Canada can be very easy if only you meet up with the necessary requirements. In this article, we will explain in details what Supervisors in mineral processing firms do, their duties and also they example of jobs titles under the NOC code 9211.
Furthermore, you will learn the basic steps and pathways you need to immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mineral Processing firms.
What do Supervisors in Mineral Processing Firms do?
Supervisors in mineral processing firms performs the duties of supervising and coordinating the activities of workers engaged in mineral processing and manufacturing.
They are mostly employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries, cement processing plants, clay, glass and stone processing plants and foundries.
Therefore, if you are qualified to work as a Supervisor in Mineral Processing Firms then you are one step closer to achieving your career success.
Main duties of Supervisors in Mineral Processing Firms
The following are the expected duties, tasks, roles and responsibilities that you will undertake when you immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mineral Processing firms.
- They supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers engaged in the following duties: operating single or multi-function mineral and metal processing machinery and equipment, operating mold making and core making machines or manually make molds and cores, operating glass process control, forming and finishing machines, operating concrete, clay and stone forming and finishing machines; and operating cement process control machines and equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
Examples of jobs under Supervisor in Mineral Processing Firms NOC code 9211
The following are jobs titles under NOC code 9211. Hence, you can immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mineral processing firms under any of this jobs title.
- Alumina plant foreman/woman
- Annealing foreman/woman
- Annealing foreman/woman – primary metal processing
- Anodizing foreman/woman – primary metal processing
- Asbestos manufacturing foreman/woman
- Ball mill foreman/woman – mineral products processing
- Blast furnace foreman/woman
- Brick and tile foreman/woman
- Casting operations foreman/woman
- Casting room foreman/woman
- Cement manufacturing supervisor
- Cement processing foreman/woman
- Clay shop foreman/woman
- Glass and stone furnace and kiln operations foreman/woman
- Clay glass and stone furnace and kiln operators supervisor
- Coal-and-coke crushing and grinding foreman/woman
- Coke ovens foreman/woman
- Screening foreman/woman
- Coke screening foreman/woman – mineral and metal processing
- Foreman/woman – primary metal and mineral products processing
- Concrete products foreman/woman
- Converter foreman/woman – primary metal and mineral products processing
- Core making foreman/woman – foundry
- Crushing and grinding operations foreman/woman – primary metal and mineral products processing
- Crushing and grinding supervisor – primary metal and mineral products
- Die casting foreman/woman – foundry
- Die casting supervisor
- Electrolytic cell operations foreman/woman – primary metal and mineral products processing
- Extruding foreman/woman – primary metal and mineral products processing
- Extruding foreman/woman – primary metal processing
- Filter plant foreman/woman – primary metal and mineral products processing
- Surface foreman/woman – mining
- Surface mine foreman/woman
- Supervisors, mining and quarrying (See 8221 Supervisors, mining and quarrying)
- Supervisors, other mechanical and metal products manufacturing (See 9226 Supervisors, other mechanical and metal products manufacturing)
Requirements to work in Canada as Supervisor in Mineral Processing Firms
The requirement to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mineral processing firms is divided into general and specific requirements which will be explained below.
General requirements to work in Canada
First and foremost, we will be talking about the general requirement involved for you to successfully immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mineral processing firms. They are
- Age requirements
- Education requirements
- Language requirements
- Work experience
Undoubtedly, your age will determine if you can immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mineral processing firms or not. Although, in Canada, all immigrants must reach the working age before they can be allowed to immigrate as a worker. This age is between 18-45
Generally, the minimum educational requirements for you to immigrate to Canada as a worker is secondary Education. However, you stand an additional advantage when you have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree.
Obviously, if you want to work and live in Canada you must meet their language benchmark in speaking reading writing, and listening.
To achieve this, you will present language test results that have taken no less than 2 years. Therefore, you can present your test result in any of these language proficiency tests.
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Canadian English language proficiency index program
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- The Canadian test of English for scholars and trainees
- Test de Connaissance de Français Canada (TCF)
Ideally, the minimum work experience you need to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mineral processing firms is 1 year of full-time work experience or a part-time job that is equivalent to one year.
Likewise, medical fitness is very crucial for your immigration. You must be able to prove that you are healthy enough to adapt to Canada’s weather and climate.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mineral Processing Firms
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Post-secondary education in metallurgy, sciences or a related field may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
- Several years of experience in metal manufacturing or mineral/metal processing environment are usually required.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mineral Processing Firms
Interestingly, there are several pathways for you to Immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mineral processing firms. However, it is important to choose the ideal pathway that suits your application
#1. Express entry
Basically, there are three immigration’s programs under Express Entry. Therefore, you can choose from any of the programs to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mineral processing firms. These are the programs
- Canada experience class
- A federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program.
With Express entry, you can easily immigrate to Canada upon earning a high CRS score. The CRS scoring is based on points derived from your age, work experience, language, etc
#2. Provincial Nominee programs
Without a doubt, you can select a province in Canada as a place of choice. However, what this means is that the province you choose is going to be where you will stay and work.
Therefore, if you get lucky and you are accepted in that province, your CRS score for your immigration process will be boosted.
Here are the programs provincial nominee programs you can apply to
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NL PNP)
- Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
- Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSPNP)
- Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP)
- Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
#3. Job offer
Therefore, your immigration to Canada as a supervisor in mineral processing firms becomes easier with a valid job offer. This is because having an employment offer has a positive effect on your CRS point
#4. Quebec experience class
Here is an opportunity for you if you want to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mineral processing firms in Quebec. Therefore you can utilize this pathway if you want to live and work in Quebec
#5. Job in demand
Moreover, this is closely related to a job offer. However in this case it means that your job is scarce in Canada.
So, lookout for a province or anywhere in Canada that is in demand of supervisor in mineral processing firms and then make an application. Hence, you can utilize this pathway.
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mineral Processing firms
Therefore, for you to immigrate to Canada as a , there are certain steps you must follow.
Step one: Create an Express entry account
Basically, to do this you must first create an Express Entry profile at the official IRCC website. Also, ensure that all information that you input is correct and valid. Invalid info can make you lose your application.
Step two: Enter a program
You can either choose from Canada Express entry, federal skilled worker program, federal skilled trade programs, provincial nominee program, or Quebec experience class.
Step three: Find a job in Canada
As it has been stated earlier, getting job offer points to boost your CRS points. However, you must be the right candidate for the job and no Canadian citizen as a qualification to do what you have been offered to do.
Step four: Get an invitation to apply
Moreover, an invitation to apply will only be sent to qualified candidates. Therefore if you are qualified you will be invited to apply for permanent residency of which you must do so within 60 days
Step five: Submit application supporting documents:
After you have been invited to apply you must provide all supporting documents for your application. Most especially, you must pay a 150 CAD application fee.
Note that if any of your document is missing you might forfeit your visa.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the NOC code for supervisors in mineral processing firms?
The NOC code for supervisors in mineral processing firm is 9211
Is it possible to work in Canada as a supervisor in mineral processing firms?
Yes, Supervisors in mineral processing firms can work in Canada under code 9211 of the Canadian NOC list.
With this information, we hope that this article helps you immigrate to Canada successfully as a supervisor in mineral processing firms.