Immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mining Industry
The Mining industry is of the most important sector in the Canadian economy, There are lots of employment opportunities for foreigners that wants to immigrate to Canada as Supervisor in Mining Industry.
Thus, if you ever wish to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in Mining Industry, then you are in the right place.
According to the National Occupational Classification Code 8211, Supervisors in Mining Industry are in high demand across Canada both in the private and public sectors.
Since Canada is looking to bring over one million skilled immigrants to work in different job positions in Canada, this is the best time for you to immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mining Industry.
Here, we’ll help to guide you through your application process to immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mining Industry.
You will learn about the right paths and steps you need to immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mining Industry, the necessary requirements and also the main duties and examples of jobs under the NOC code 8211 of supervisors in mining industry.
Who is a Supervisor in Mining Industry
A supervisor in Mining Industry is an individual who supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers engaged in underground and surface mining operations and quarries.
They may operate heavy machinery, keep an eye on workers’ safety, and do administrative work like ordering materials and supplies
They are employed by coal, metal and non-metallic mineral mines and quarries.
Main Duties of Supervisors in Mining Industry
Supervisors in Mining Industry performs the following duties;
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who extract coal, minerals and ore; operate underground conveyances; and perform other services in support of underground mining, or of heavy equipment operators, drillers, blasters and other workers in surface mining and quarrying.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments and contractors to resolve problems and co-ordinate activities Oversee the safety of the mining or quarrying operations.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity.
- Requisition materials and supplies.
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions.
- Prepare production and other reports.
Examples of Jobs under Supervisors in Mining Industry
Supervisors in Mining Industry who wants to work in Canada under the NOC code 8221 can be employed under any of the following job titles.
- Blasters foreman/woman – mining and quarrying
- Coal mine foreman/woman
- Construction supervisor – underground mining and quarrying
- Diamond drilling foreman/woman
- Drill fitter boss – mining
- Dynamiters foreman/woman – quarrying
- Face boss – underground mining
- Fill foreman/woman
- Fill foreman/woman – underground mining
- Fire boss – mining
- General foreman/woman – mining
- Junior foreman/woman – mining
- Level boss – underground mining
- Mine supervisor
- Motormen/women and dinkeymen/women foreman/woman (except rail transport)
- Open pit mine supervisor
- Production foreman/woman – mining and quarrying
- Quarry foreman/woman
- Quarry supervisor
- Relieving surface foreman/woman – mining
- Salvage foreman/woman – mining
- Sand fill boss – underground mining
- Senior foreman/woman – mining
- Shift leader – mining and quarrying
- Shot foreman/woman – mining and quarrying
- Stope foreman/woman – mining
- Supply boss – mining
- Supply foreman/woman – mining
- Trucking contractor
- Urban transit system foreman/woman
Exclusions under Supervisors in Mining Industry
- Drillers and blasters – surface mining, quarrying and construction (See 7372 Drillers and blasters – surface mining, quarrying and construction)
- Heavy equipment operators (except crane) (See 7521 Heavy equipment operators (except crane))
- Mine labourers (See 8614 Mine labourers)
- Mine managers (See 0811 Managers in natural resources production and fishing)
- Underground mine service and support workers (See 8411 Underground mine service and support workers)
- Underground production and development miners (See 8231 Underground production and development miners)
Requirements to immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mining Industry
As a foreigner who wants to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry, you must meet both the general and specific requirements.
General requirements to work in Canada
Undoubtedly, you must meet some basic requirements before you can be allowed to live and work in Canada. And they are:
- Educational requirements
- Work experience
Basically, you need proof of language proficiency for you to successfully live anywhere in Canada. That means you must be able to communicate in English or French. As a result, you must pass one of the following language proficiency tests:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Test de Connaissance du Français (TCF) Canada
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Test d’Evaluation de Français (TEF) Canada.
Equally important, your age has an influence on your immigration to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry. Also, you must be up to 18 to qualify for a job in Canada. Still, your employer’s age requirement may vary.
Unarguably, the minimum educational requirement you can immigrate to Canada to work as a supervisor in mining industry is your secondary school certificate in a relevant field. However, a BSC , master’s degree or PhD will improve your CRS points.
Significantly, you must have previous work experience to qualify to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry. The minimum work experience is one year, full-time experience in relevant fields.
Also, you must know that the weather in Canada is different from your home country. Therefore, you must show a certificate of medical fitness to adapt to the Canadian weather.
Specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry
The specific requirements to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry include;
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college or university program in mining technology or engineering may be required for some positions in this group.
- Several years of experience in the occupations supervised are usually required.
- Provincial certification as an underground mine supervisor, shift boss, or coal mining supervisor may be required.
Pathways to immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mining Industry
After satisfying all requirements to relocate to Canada, the next step is to choose from the numerous pathway programs to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry.
Basically, there are different pathways or programs through which you can immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry.
- Express entry
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- In-Demand occupations
- Job offer
This pathway to Canada remains the most preferred considering the ease and the multiple programs through which you can immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry are listed below.
- Canada experience class
- Federal skilled worker program
- Federal skilled trades program
The FSWP is the ideal option for you if you want to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry. Once you complete the basic requirements, you can apply for this program and start your application.
Provincial Nominee Program
Indeed, all provinces in Canada at different time or period offer provincial nominee programs for immigrants to Canada by constantly updating their occupation in demand list with available job offers.
However, using the PNP to immigrate to Canada as a Canada as a supervisor will require you to work for minimum of two years in the province before you can move to another.
Individuals with a certain job offer in one of the Canadian provinces can immigrate to Canada. In fact, NOC classifies certain jobs in Canada as In-demands jobs.
As a result, you may be able to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry through this immigration pathway.
If it is on the list, you can apply to work as a flight attendant in Canada, which is a high-demand job.
This is an easy pathway to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry. However, before you can do this, you must get a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.
In addition, the employer must get a certificate from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) before employing.Immigrate to Canada as a Silviculturist
Steps to immigrate to Canada as a Supervisor in Mining Industry
To immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry, you need to follow this steps below.
Step one: Create an Express entry account
Basically, to do this you must first create an Express Entry profile at the official IRCC website. Also, ensure that all information that you input is correct and valid. Invalid info can make you lose your application.
Step two: Enter a program
You can either choose from Canada Express entry, federal skilled worker program, federal skilled trade programs, provincial nominee program, or Quebec experience class.
Step three: Find a job in Canada
As it has been stated earlier, getting job offer points to boost your CRS points. However, you must be the right candidate for the job and no Canadian citizen as a qualification to do what you have been offered to do.
Step four: Get an invitation to apply(ITA)
Moreover, an invitation to apply will only be sent to qualified candidates. Therefore if you are qualified you will be invited to apply for permanent residency of which you must do so within 60 days
Step five: Submit application supporting documents
After you have been invited to apply you must provide all supporting documents for your application. Most especially, you must pay a 150 CAD application fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry?
Yes. You can migrate to Canada once you have satisfied the occupational and educational requirements to migrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry.
What is the average salary of a supervisor in mining industry?
The average salary of a supervisor in mining industry in Canada is $77,800 per year.
In summary, coming to Canada is very easy when you follow the right path and meet up with the requirements.
We hope this information will guide you to immigrate to Canada as a supervisor in mining industry.